Old 09-03-2006, 06:36 PM   #1  

Default Anyone starting the fat smash on 4th of Sep

Hi everyone
Just wanted to see who else was starting like me i feel confident with this i think as long as i stick with it and excersice i can lose the weight. I want to feel comfortable again and not like a big fat log.

Old 09-04-2006, 03:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 151

Height: 5'4

hey, glad to see someone else starting today. I just got the book and am ready for phase one.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #3  
Fat Smash Newbie

hey-hey everybody! i just joined today and i'm starting the fat smash tomorrow. i've had my nose in the book since i bought it on thursday and i'm in the process of planning out my meals/snacks for tomorrow. i'm SO excited!!! my weight has nearly doubled in the past 3 1/2 yrs and i'm ready to get back to looking and feeling like myself again!!! my best friend and her husband are now in phase 2 and they'd each lost 9 lbs. at the end of phase 1. so good luck to everybody and i'm glad that i've found a support group online!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #4  

me too i am glad i have suppor from everyone on here. Good luck to all and i hope we can make it.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:44 PM   #5  

hey madi
how is your day going
Old 09-04-2006, 06:04 PM   #6  

Hey Natalie, day went pretty well just a few moments of major hunger pains. I really need something to jump start the weight loss. I have been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds for 6 months now. Ugggh.
How is your day going?
Ani4life- Losing 9 pounds would be perfect. I really would love to see those kind of results.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:36 PM   #7  

Hi! I just joined today and am starting this adventure tomorrow, 9/5. I did WW and lost about 20 lbs - been off the wagon for about a month and need to get back into something... Hoping this will be the jump start that I need to kick it back into gear! It seems like P1 will be SOOOO boring, but I figure I can do just about anything for only nine days... I think one of the hardest things for me will be the cardio 1/2 hour five days per week, but I'm thinking of walking through my lunch 1/2 hour since according to the suggested schedule I won't be actually doing my eating at noon...
Good luck to all!!
Old 09-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'10"

I started yesterday, the book is very vague and I have lots of questions, but I am not worrying about the little things. I will stick to it best I can. I think the biggest thing he tries to accomplish is to get us off sugar and processed foods and caffeine. I went off coffee on Sat hoping that by Monday (start day) I would be done with headaches. They were so bad last night I could barely get to sleep. This morning at work I finally had 1 cup of coffee. I will do this a couple more days and then stop that one cup. As long as I continue to eat what is on the plan this shouldn't effect my weight loss. I have a question about salt and oatmeal. Is oatmeal to be eaten plain, I would have to put splenda on it to make it through eating it. I have already used splenda and salt...can't help it got to...but my opinion is as longs as my food and calories are in check, these little things shouldn't impede weight loss. We will have to wait and see....any thoughts...
Old 09-06-2006, 12:12 AM   #9  
Fat Smash Newbie

Thumbs up

well ladies, it's late and my head hurts, so i'll make this short and sweet. my first day was WAY easier than i thought...in fact, the hardest part to me was weighing myself. UGH! but i just keep thinking about how much better i'll feel when i see the pounds dropping!

madi, i will be SO excited if i lose the 9 lbs in 9 days, but i will still still be happy if i lose something, ya know? the hardest part of the day for me as far as cravings go was wanting something sweet mid-afternoon. but i chewed a piece of tropical twist trident, then ate some light yogurt an hour later, and i was fine (surprisingly). then i had to go to a meet-and-greet thing for this choir i just auditioned for...and i ate my dinner before i got there and had water while i was there. i didn't even make my way NEAR all of the wines and cheeses and such, even though they assured me there was a fruit/vegetable tray. so we shall see what tomorrow brings.

chicks, i was wondering about the splenda as well. i know in phase 2 you can have 4 tsp of granulated sugar or sugar substitute, but it doesn't say anything about phase 1. i had some fruit2o today to curb sweet cravings too, but only 1 bottle since i wasn't sure. also, does anybody know if we can have brown sugar at all? i put a half tsp in my blah/cinnamon oatmeal this morning, but it didn't do anything. just wondering.

well, good luck to everybody and happy smashing!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 09:13 AM   #10  

good morning all, Ok now onto day 4. My headachces started yesterday afternoon and are now back today. Ouch. I am dizzy from them. I dont usually get headaches so I am not happy. I am doing well on the diet, havent gone off at all. I am not all that hungry either so I am worried that I might be eating tooo much. I also dont feel like I have lost any weight if any thing I feel very bloated. But I want to stay true to the program and not get on that scale even though I hear it calling my name. UGHHHHHH.

I also havent enjoyed the oatmeal- use to eating it with brown sugar. My understanding is that you are not to eat any sugar at all in phase one including splenda and other fake sugar.

I also miss my coffee. I am trying to substitute tea but it is just not the same. I will be happy to have this back.

Other craving is at night I really like to have my glass or two of wine. I havent given in yeah for me, but this out of anything has been my biggest craving.
Ok hope everyone else is doing well Keep up the good work.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:59 AM   #11  

Well, I started this morning. So far....so good. I missed my coffee big time. Had to enjoy the smell of my husband's coffee instead. I am very excited about Phase I. I am so tired of feeling icky and stuffed all the time. The hardest part will be trying to eat small meals several times a day. I know I can do this because I am ready to change my habits and move towards a healthier way of living.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/162/140

Height: 5'5

Does anybody know the answer about using Splenda during phase1? Cuz if we cant have it I wont be eating any more oatmeal!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:43 AM   #13  
Less30

Regarding Splenda. I have seen that we can use no more than 2 packets in Phase 1.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:00 PM   #14  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi newbies--just wanted to wish you all good luck. I finished Phase I with an 8.5 lb loss!
Old 09-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #15  

Hey everyone just wanted to say hi and see how everyone is doing. It is day 4 and i already feel kind of weird. I never feel full but i try to munch on only fruit so i don't feel too bad. I have not been getting any headaches yet so that is pretty good the only bad thing is i have not been able to work out but i will be going today and for the rest of the week I might actually stay on this phase a lil longer than 9 days if i see improvement. I hope all is well with everyone.