3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fat Smash Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet-211/)
-   -   Fat Smash Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet/89890-fat-smash-diet.html)

WillFitMyClothes 08-03-2006 08:44 PM

I'm starting this tomorrow!!!

Does anyone want to be email buddies, by any chance?

WillFitMyClothes 08-04-2006 11:54 AM

Today is my first day on this...

can anyone give me a sample of a day on Phase 1 please? I'm a little confused as to whether im doing this right..

Thanks!

PinkBlossom 08-13-2006 10:17 PM

I've decided to give this diet a try rather than ww again...just bought the book today. Phase 1 doesnt seem to be too bad since I love fruits and veggies..Good luck all :)

sportmom 08-13-2006 10:47 PM

Are you guys watching the VH1 Celebrity Fit Club too? Sundays, 9 pm est.

They had their first weigh in on this episode and it made me want to research the book and its plan. They had people losing anywhere from 9 - 19 lbs after phase 1, which I think is about 2 weeks for them, I don't think they do weekly weigh-ins. Now, these people are Hollywood, but they are not the A-List and I would say it's possible they do not have the chefs and are preparing their own meals. So I was impressed at the consistent WL of all who are on this particular plan on the show. I have it on reserve at the library and should have it by end of week & will give it a read. The first day menu posted here by a member seems very doable since I love fruit, basic veggies and the microwaveable brown rice. I hate diets requiring a ton of prep, but this sounds very basic. Keep us posted, those of you who have moved on to P2.

Katieb 08-14-2006 10:55 AM

I'm new!

I just ordered the fat smash book from amazon.com. I'm 20 years old and not too happy with the way im feeling/looking. I've tried to eat healthy and exercise before but of course was knocked out track.:( I have finally realized how serious I have to become. So we'll see! I know it's all up to me to reach my goal weight. So wish me luck! :carrot: I will keep everyone updated.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-re...8/135/167/.png

1bigguy 08-14-2006 01:39 PM

New to the board

Hey everyone.

I am new to the board and after reading some of your posts, it is clear that I need to try the Fat Smash diet plan. I am 36 6ft. 5 and weigh close to 560 lbs:sumo:

I have a double knee injury, which is going to require a double knee replacement surgery (s), and also have been recovering from a head injury from having a truck hood dropped on my head from a second story floor.

My knees are bone on bone which make it difficult to do any excercise, plus being overweight doesn't help either. I walk about a mile a day, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

My truck driving career is on hold until my surgeries are over, but they won't do those until I drop at least 200 lbs. So every day is a challenge. I am hoping this diet will have some results. The embarassment phase has kicked in, and I get so tired of the remarks and looks I get everyday, it just makes it harder. I have always been a big guy, but by far I am at my heaviest right now.

Well, that's about it for now. Take Care

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar06/...0/200/560/.png

Lynnstat 08-15-2006 01:19 AM

I finally received the book. I am going to start the diet tomorrow. Wish me luck. I have never been one to stick to a diet for very long. I am sending my luck to the others on this board.

loveange56 08-15-2006 09:04 PM

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar070...0/150/190/.png

PinkBlossom 08-17-2006 11:38 AM

How's everyone doing on their first couple of days? I honestly felt like I couldnt do it on day 1 while watching everyone in my family eat chicken, oh and no coffee either has been hard. It's now day 4 on phase 1 for me and now I'm thinking the rest will be a breeze *so I hope*. Good luck everyone :)

Suzanne 3FC 08-18-2006 11:06 AM

How's everyone doing? If you get a chance, please post in my Fat Smash Role Call thread so we can get a head count and maybe try to drum up a weekly support thread. A subforum would be nice, but we need at least 10 or 12 regulars who are dedicated to keeping it going. It looks like there's been a lot of interest in Fat Smash, but people post and then disappear. We want you to come out of hiding :D

virgo74 08-18-2006 11:53 AM

I already posted there but would also like to encourage others to do so.
I could not find the book last night so I am struggling to stay on without more info. I am just using general guidelines to follow Phase I. :)

SonJohn 08-18-2006 01:14 PM

Day 5 and minus 7lbs

I haven't received my book yet (waiting on shipment from Amozon and it should be here on Monday) It's Day 5 for me now (Friday)and I'm only going on the information I can gather from all the posted messages. I have only been eating fruits and veggies for the last five days- lightly sauteed portabella mushrooms and zuccinni my personal favorite. As you can probably see by the word sautee I used a little EVOO in the process. Reading all of your posts I'm going to now assume that that was a no no. But being down 7 lbs. still seems encouraging to me, especaially since I have no cravings. I'm enoraged to find out that I can also have oatmeal and brown rice on this phase.

I'm just wondering is anyone can tell me if I will have to start all over again with phase 1? :o
Also is there something about losing muscle during this phase - I am still in a surgical boot from a recent foot surgery but will be hitting the weights tonight. :carrot:

What ever it takes I'm determined to reach my goal weight.

SonJohn 08-18-2006 01:55 PM

Did you get a buddy yet? I'm new to this as well, but I like the results so far.

virgo74 08-18-2006 03:17 PM

I am also looking for an e-mail buddy.;) Strength in numbers they say! :D

sllamey 08-21-2006 04:01 PM

I'm joining in! I'm starting tomorrow. Bought the book today, and going shopping tonight!!! Bye Bye 20+ pounds!!! See you later! LOL