Old 04-20-2009, 05:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/182/155

Height: 5'9

Smile Starting 4/20

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Fat Smash!!! I've been doing some research for about a week now and I'm ready to get started. I seem to do better if I'm held accountable so my plan is to post on a regular basis. I've successfully completed the 10 day master cleanse a few times. Therefore I know that once I make it past day three everything should fall in place. Wish me luck!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 03:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 213/169/150

Height: 5'5"

How is it going for you? I think this is far easier than the master cleanse, so you should have no problem.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #3  
likes cake too much

S/C/G: 180/160/140 actually, 125 :)

Height: 5'7"

best wishes! Let us know how you're doing~

Gina
Old 04-22-2009, 08:36 AM   #4  

Default P1 Day3

Hello Ladies,

Thanks for your words of encouragement!!! This morning I stepped on the scale and weighed 180.8!!! I'm totally surprised because I feel like I'm eating all the time. At times I've felt like I've eaten too much. I haven't had time to work out because of my crazy work schedule. I work 12 hour shifts at the hospital and I'm constantly on my feet walking. I wonder if that could be what's helping me with the weight loss?!?!? I am going to set aside 30 minutes of scheduled walking today.

I found what works for me is to have a few dishes prepared so that I can always have something indulging at my finger tips. I have also been enjoying lite, no butter added, microwave popcorn. I plan on fixing homemade salsa to have around for a topping whenever needed.

Recipes I've tried:
FRIED RICE: using brown rice(instant), portabello mushrooms, garlic, onion, and a little frozen corn. With a little Sazon Goya seasoning (i love this stuff). I also use coconut oil in place of olive oil (it's supposed to be good for your metabolism in addition to other health benefits). I've never been a fan of brown rice, but I loaded it with garlic and onion which really made the flavor pop. I can see myself preparing this for someone not on the smash.

SWEET POTATO FRIES: I cut them into match sticks and tossed them in warm organic virgin coconut oil (must do to make it liquid) and garlic salt. delicious!!!

MEXICAN 7 LAYER DIP: I used the refried beans (mistakenly did not get the fat free ones therefore I drained the oil off of them). I mixed them with Sazon Goya. Then I topped it with fat free sour cream (once again mistakenly picked up wrong thing at grocery store). Next time I will get the fat free yogurt. I topped it with chopped green pepper, onion, and jalapeno.

HOPPIN JOHN: I used blackeyed peas in a can (rinsed and drained). I then topped it with chopped pepper, onion, and jalapeno. I also added a little of the original Rotel. I'll keep Rotel around for emergency situations, but if I have time to prep I'll make it homemade. I just prefer fresh veggies.

FROZEN GRAPES: I rinsed and dried them and pulled them off the stem. I then put them in a ziploc bag and froze them. I'm not really into ice cream unless it's topping warm cake, brownies, cookies, etc. lol Therefore this wasn't as big of a hit for me as I was hoping. It's ok though. I'll keep them around for a little snack.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:39 AM   #5  

Paper,

Yes this is easier than the master cleanse! This to me seems almost like normal eating that's why I'm surprised at the results. It's amazing!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:53 AM   #6  

Default Fried Rice

I was going through the refrigerator to get my meals together for the day. When I looked at my fried rice I realized that it looked rather boring. I added frozen green peas and the shredded coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots). It really added a zing to it. I realize that you have to mix in colors with this to keep it appetizing.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:50 PM   #7  

Congradulations on your loss!

I applaud you on your recipes.. I found the brown rice day in and day out hard to handle.. I started using brown rice pasta a couple of times a week, because I was going nuts.. I don't think its really allowed if you're being super strict. I make tomato sauce with lots of vegetables and put it on the brown rice pasta.. it is like eating non diet food... if you are good you can always use spaghetti squash instead as your pasta.

Last edited by paperSkin; 04-22-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:35 AM   #8  

Thank you!!! I know the day before I started I pigged out. I wonder if that's why there was such a huge loss in the first 2 days. Anywho! I had no idea what spaghetti squash was when I read your post. I went online to research it. It sounds very interesting. I'm going to see if I can find it. I don't think I've ever seen it.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #9  

Default P1 D4

Great News!!! I've lost another 2lbs. It's unbelievable. I walked 30 min yesterday. I plan on walking again today.

I found the spaghetti squash at the store. Couldn't believe it. I thought I would have to go to a farmer's market or something, but it was at Walmart! I'll probably cook it tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #10  

Congradulations on your loss! You are doing amazing!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

Would love to hear how your doing?