Old 04-06-2009, 06:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/189/150

Height: 5'6

Default Newbie to Fat Smash Phase 1 - Granola Bars?

Hi Everyone - I'm glad that I found this site! I am on Day 3 of Phase 1 and so far so good. I have a bit of a headache from cutting out my coffee, and I seem to just crave everything that I can't have (bread, cookies,etc) but I am going to stick it out. I'm also glad that I'm not the only one who thought that the allowed/not allowed food list was a little vague. My question is in regard to the snacks. The book says you can have snacks like 7 saltine crackers or a low-fat granola bar - has anyone eaten these items? I have had both over the last two days, but wanted to be sure that the granola bar I had (Nature Valley Oats & Honey) was ok? Any insight on the snacks would be helpful.
Thanks!
Old 04-07-2009, 12:20 AM   #2  
likes cake too much

S/C/G: 180/160/140 actually, 125 :)

Height: 5'7"

I found some chewy granola bars that were 3 or less grams of fat. I think they were Quaker and Roundys. The Nature Valley ones had more fat. I try to not eat them every day, but if I get a bad chocolate craving they help. Personally I have to be careful I'm not just being lazy and grabbing a granola bar instead of fixing something.

Lately my fav snack has been a small bowl of frozen blueberries microwaved for 1 minute with a pack of splenda on top.

Here's the snack list from my sister's compilation. (she got sick of leafing through the book all the time and made her own lists for each phase)

• Cashews (10)
• Almonds (10-14)
• Popcorn (3 cups—no butter)
• Sunflower seeds (2 tsp)
• Lowfat granola bar (1)

I make the popcorn with a bit of olive oil in the popper. We're allowed some salt and some butter, so I didn't see a reason to eat the popcorn dry. I used some fake butter spray and a bit of salt so it wasn't like eating packing peanuts :-)