3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fat Smash Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet-211/)
-   -   Help I'm new and need some Tips!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet/155358-help-im-new-need-some-tips.html)

beerab 12-31-2008 11:02 AM

I made another whole pot of lentil soup- that's the best thing that fills me up and it doesn't have many calories :) That's totally how I survived phase 1 last time :)

So last night while I'm making this huge pot my husband is all like "what are you cooking so late?" I said "tomorrow's lunch" lol.

I told my hubby I don't want to go out for new years cuz I don't want to drink or eat fattening stuff, so I'm making a yummy lemon chicken dinner with brown rice and we'll probably watch some movies together :D

The recipe calls for a lot of olive oil but I think I'll just use a bit less- 6 tablespoons is a lot!

Kritter 12-31-2008 01:56 PM

Hey no problem we all need some encouragement now and then! :sunny:

I will be having a low key New Years as well. My family is cooking healthy vietnamese food so I'm excited for that!

I weighed myself this morning and I have almost lost the 10 pounds I put on before I moved and my vacation to California! Lost 3 pounds this week so thats exciting. I'm sure it will slow down this next week. I still have a long way to go but as long as I stay on track I will do alright.

Well hope everyone has a :newyear:

beerab 12-31-2008 06:34 PM

Nice- my sister and i would do "japanese night" and eat edamame and miso soup (we put a lot of tofu in ours though).

my hubby just shakes his head cuz he hates healthy food- I make him eat most of the stuff we eat now lol- we went to taco bell the other day over vacation and he was like OMG I haven't had taco bell in over a month!

I enjoyed every bite of that seven layer burrito (minus guac) and my taco. I still drank water lol.

Have a good new year everyone! :D

Meikmeika 01-01-2009 09:00 PM

Happy New Year!!!!

Beerab> In all actuality, when you think about it, 4.5 lbs isn't that big of a gain...considering the time of year. I know I say this alot but the Holidays are horrific when trying to lose weight...LOL!!! Breaking the all or nothing mentality is pretty hard...but we're all works in progress. I don't have any New Year's resolutions myself, just taking everything day by day...

FL> I totally agree!!! For me, being down on myself leads to eating everything in sight, which in turn makes me feel worse. Better to pick yourself up after an afternoon or a day of eating crazily then after weeks and you've gained more weight...I also use Stevia, I think you can have up to 2Tbsp of artificial sweetener during the detox phase.

Kritter> Hey Girl!!! I won't be moving until the end of this month and I can't wait! I had a wonderful evening bringing in the New Year. I drank Martini's with my friends, danced and laughed all evening..WOW! I won't be back on program until Jan 3rd since I have so much non-FS food leftover.

OMG!!! When I read that you've pretty much lost the weight you gained I was jumping for joy! You're AWESOME!!! Keep it up!!!

beerab 01-02-2009 02:21 PM

Thanks- yeah I actually weighed in and have gone back down a pound so woot :)

I'm at 216.5 and going over to my favorite thai place- I get their vegetable lunch with brown rice- it's good and definitely low fat as they cook really healthy at this one- the food's not oily or anything.

I'm so bored at work right now- It's 11:20 and I don't get off till 4! No one is here I'm bored asking people if they need everything so far it's all "nope."

So if they get annoyed with me for being online it's like what more can I do? I've cleaned, I've restocked, I've done all the maintenance, I've done all I humanly can except for starting construction on the building lol.

Kritter 01-06-2009 12:47 AM

Meikmeika ~ Thanks for the support! I've been trying! It was my birthday today so I did go off plan a little. I mean who could resist a Mai Tai in a pineapple?! It was the best thing I have ever tasted! Oh and I had a pineapple burger. Oh well what else do you do when you turn 26? Its kind of a non-eventful age.

Tomorrow back on track! Sounds like you had a great New Years! Glad the hear you enjoyed it. I guess now all the fun of Christmas and New Years is over its back to the diet glutony!

beerab 01-06-2009 09:46 AM

Well happy bday :)

I am turning 26 on the 15th lol. :D

I'm going to Benihana for my bday- it's one of those japanese restaurants where they cook the food in front of you and put on a little show- it's one of my FAVORITE places to eat- and I'm definitely getting my favorite dish (unless something else looks good lol).

I was super good yesterday!

I had lentil soup for lunch, I did have a one serving bag of chips (it's my indulgence), and then water. When I got home I had a slice of that new pizza hut whole grain pizza (it was good), then for dinner I made grilled chicken with zuccini in a tomato sauce with brown rice. For a snack later I had a few prunes. :D

I was so tired yesterday I slept at like 9:30! I woke up feeling great lol.

Kritter 01-06-2009 10:10 PM

beerab ~ Thanks! Its so weird that so many people have birthdays in January. Its a great month! ;) That sounds like a good resturant choice for a birthday dinner! Makes me hungry thinking about it!

I was wondering about that new pizza from Pizza Hut. I saw the comercial and thought maybe it either wouldn't taste good or its was still just as bad as the regular pizza. I'm going to have to try it now!

I'm with you on the going to bed early. I went to bed at the same time last night. Probably will be the same tonight too!

beerab 01-07-2009 09:53 AM

Haha yeah I went to bed last night around 9:30ish and was asleep by ten- I guess it's good I'm getting exactly 8 hours lol.

Yeah the pizza honestly it's funny I prefered it when I reheated it in the oven cuz it was kind of soft and I like crispy pizza :)

It's probably not THAT MUCH better in terms of calories- but it's better calories? I think I'll see if I can find the nutrition information.

Either way yesterday I was still going strong- I think the worst thing was my little treat bag of single serving chips- darn those funions they are just too yummy!

beerab 01-07-2009 10:06 AM

I found this online:

Regular large hand tossed Pizza Hut pizza slice - All Natural Pepperoni Calories: 340, Fat(g) 15, Saturated fat (g) 7, Transfat (g) 0, Cholesterol (mg) 35, Sodium (mg) 930, Fiber (g)2, Protein (g) 14

The Natural Pizza Hut pizza slice - All Natural Pepperoni Calories 210, Fat (g), Saturated Fat(g) 3.5, Transfat (g) 0, Cholesterol (mg) 20, Sodium (mg) 460, Fiber (g)2, Protein (g) 9

So many people are slamming it online- saying oh it's not really healthy- pizza is pizza- and I'm like DUH pizza is pizza- but I am 100% sure two slices of rustica pizza is better than regular pizza. It took my sister and I two days to eat that medium pizza, I had two slices one day, two another, and to me the pizza wasn't greasy at all. I rarely, if ever, eat pizza, this made me feel that I can enjoy a slice or two of pizza knowing it's not as bad.

I mean just based on that calorie count 680 vs 420 calories, that's 1/3 less than normal :)

beerab 01-07-2009 10:43 AM

WOOO HOOOO I can finally get a signature!

Meikmeika 01-08-2009 09:11 AM

Kritter> I don't know how you went off plan just a little for your birthday??!! I'm going off plan alot on mine and it's this upcoming Sat. Since the bf and I are strapped for cash we can't really do much but he's going to take me out to dinner. I'm going to be the BIG 3-0...oh my...LOL!!! Everyone's making such a big deal of it..I figure I still look like I'm a teenager so it's all good.. I still commend you for only going a little off program. It is strange that so many people have Jan birthdays... I mean, the three people frequenting this topic were all born in Jan....interesting..

Beerab> Thanks for posting the Nutritional Information for the Whole Grain pizza from Pizza Hut... I may have to give that one a try. Oh! I like how you threw in the prunes for a snack on the 6th...I'm all about being regular!! LOL!!!

beerab 01-08-2009 11:31 AM

haha meika- okay I LOVE prunes! They are so good! I can't wait to get old and live off of prunes and fish lol ;)

Bah I totally fell off the bandwagon yesterday- they were giving out FREE fish taco's at rubios and so in addition to my salad I had two fish tacos! I can't help it they are so yummy lol.

I got my car back today so yay back to the gym today for me!

I've got a dr. appt. on the 30th and my goal is to be as close to OR at 199 by then- so the goal is to work out everyday right now. My sister takes a hip hop work out class Tuesday nights so I'm going to go with her next week. My overall resolution is 3x a week but for now I'm trying to up the gym and stay away from eating out (only exception will be my bday party but I'm not having alcohol that night).

I used to eat out with the co-workers every Friday- but not the next few weeks- I hope they don't think I'm alienating them but I have told everyone I am dieting and trying to lose weight- the nice thing is everyone is totally supportive.

Kritter 01-09-2009 09:47 PM

Well I guess the new pizza is better for you after all! I would still choose it over the regular. Oh and I love Rubio's!!! I went there for the first time this past December when I visited my cousin in California. It was the best fish taco I've ever had!

Meikmeika ~ So the big 3-0 huh?! My cousin will be thirty next week! Weird that two people with January b-days are turning 30. So I'm thinking I might sign up for Weight Watchers online. It's really expensive but I just thing if I had all the materials I would do better. All I have is this crappy points slide I made. I guess I don't need much else but the books are helpful. I need to track my points better. I have been pretty lax on sticking to the allowed points. I don't think I acurately count enough points for certain things either. Oh well. Its that or just count calories. I guess that's a cheaper way out. Anyone have any suggestions?

Kritter 01-11-2009 01:14 AM

Meikmeika ~ Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a good one!

:bday2you: