3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fat Smash Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet-211/)
-   -   Starting Extreme Fat Smash today!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet/151032-starting-extreme-fat-smash-today.html)

aphil 09-08-2008 08:16 AM

Starting Extreme Fat Smash today!!!

Hi ladies,

I am normally a calorie counter (have been for YEARS!) and plan to go back to that, but I am at a plateau phase and I am going to try Extreme Fat Smash for the three week cycle, and see if it helps get things moving again.

(Weight loss has been much harder this time around, after baby #3.)

I normally do over an hour of exercise anyway...but this plan is going to make me really kick up the cardio for the next 3 weeks.

Just wanted to say hey to everyone...hopefully EFS will be a plateau breaker for me!

:hug:

Aphil

missmumau 09-08-2008 08:25 PM

Hi Aphil,

If you'd like a buddy, I'm semi-starting it today (already had porridge with my yoghurt). Three weeks seems do-able, especially if there is someone else doing it with you and most of what I've read seems to suggest that I should be able to lose the three kilos that I want in that time.

Okay, off to drink some water now ;)

aphil 09-09-2008 07:31 AM

Hi miss,

I am trying to do the plan 100% by the book as much as possible. I have searched online, and those with the largest losses did this...while those with smaller losses on EFS strayed from the book-not doing as much cardio as required, changing the food plan, etc.

Yesterday was day 1, and here was my day:

#1-1/2c egg beaters and a pear

#2-small salad with low fat dressing

#3-1 cup cantalaupe chunks

#4-1/2 cup kidney beans, and 2 servings of green beans

snack #1-yogurt

snack #2-sugar free pudding cup

Optional daily dairy: 1 cup lite vanilla soymilk

I also got in my 6 glasses of water, and kept my coffee, tea, and diet soda at or under the set limit.

I did the 60 minutes of required cardio yesterday, and then I taught 2 dance classes last night. (I teach every Monday.)

So, yesterday was 100% on plan. I was miserable ( :lol: ) but I am counting the days down. Today is day 2 of 21!!! I am doing this as a plateau buster, so I am trying to be as diligent as possible.

On the bright side, the calories are a little higher on day 2 (today) that on yesterday's plan...and today I get some MEAT...so I am excited about that!!! So, I get to eat a little more today, but I have 70 minutes of required cardio today instead of the 60 yesterday.

missmumau 09-10-2008 12:30 AM

Wow!!! Go you! That's fantastic! :D I think you're right, everything I've read at Amazon show that the people who lost weight, were really stringent with the plan.

aphil 09-10-2008 08:37 AM

Day 2 down...since it was 70 minutes of required cardio, I did part on the treadmill, and part on the recumbent exercise bike.

Today (Day 3) is going to be a little trickier. I have to leave at 10am, and be back around 2pm-we are going to the Harley Dealership to trade in my husband's older one, for a newer one. I don't know how long we'll be there. That is usually the time frame when I have my mini meal #2, so I am going to bring one of my snacks with me to tide me over until I get home, along with a bottle of water. Hopefully I'll be fine.

navwife 09-10-2008 08:53 AM

hi i am also starting EFM today

where can u find substitutions for different things like lentil or chickpeas i don't think i like any of these i have the book i it brought it last night i just a little confuse i don't eat yogurt and or these fresh veggies ,frozen or can so i need some in sights

aphil 09-10-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navwife (Post 2354957)
hi i am also starting EFM today

where can u find substitutions for different things like lentil or chickpeas i don't think i like any of these i have the book i it brought it last night i just a little confuse i don't eat yogurt and or these fresh veggies ,frozen or can so i need some in sights

Well, my first bit of advice is to read the book thoroughly BEFORE you start. This is my advice with any plan that has a book. Secondly, try the things on the menus...if you don't like any of the foods on the eating plan, you most likely are not going to do well on it. An occasionaly substitution is going to be okay...but the plan won't yield good results for you if you are subsituting 1/2 of the foods on the plan.

For the beans-you are allowed beans, chickpeas, or lentils. I have been buying red kidney beans and black beans-both canned. I just open the can, rinse them in water, and then put what I don't use in a Rubbermaid container.

For the meals that call for beans/chickpeas/lentils and brown rice, I have been mixing the rice and beans (kidney or black) together after they are cooked, and have been putting a little bit of the allowed hot sauce and salsa on them, and mixing it up. Tastes similar to a beans and rice burrito filling.

For the yogurt, if you are not normally a yogurt eater-I recommend Yoplait Light "Thick & Creamy" kind. You WILL like it, if you are human. :) It has more of a smooth, whipped texture (like pudding) instead of the usual yogurt texture.

Vegetables can be any kind that you like-fresh or frozen are both fine.

CGBee 09-13-2008 03:59 AM

its 2:58 central time.
and i am awake looking.
for someone or a group of people
to extreme fat smash with.
im starting tomorrow.
and im also starting.
to work out with a trainer.

i just joined this site.
so i look forward to sharing with you ladies.

aphil 09-13-2008 09:09 AM

I finished Day 5 yesterday of Cycle 1...so far, so good!!!

I have to say that the amount of required cardio has been REALLY tough for me, but I have been plugging away, doing it anyway. I am not used to doing 60, 70, or 80 minutes of cardio a day! (I was much more used to dance, yoga, strength training, Pilates, etc.)

What I have been doing on EFS so far, is the required cardio, and then doing some form of other exercise (strength, yoga, etc.) on the weekly rest day.

Last night (day 5) was REALLY hard...I was struggling with a Taco Bell craving, and had to play the evening out, hour by hour. :lol: Last night I had my allowed weekly 2 glasses of wine, though, as a treat. :)

I *did* peek at the scale, and so far I am THRILLED. I plan on posting my weigh in results at the end of each cycle-once per week.

:)

rixx 11-10-2008 03:59 AM

hi can someone ps join me in efs. i can't get the bk in my town, it will take a week to be shipped and really need to loose wt fast. so if someone can join me and help me with the diet...what to eat etc

Kim K 11-10-2008 05:22 AM

Go Aphil!!! You are an inspiration! :carrot:

aphil 11-10-2008 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rixx (Post 2445751)
hi can someone ps join me in efs. i can't get the bk in my town, it will take a week to be shipped and really need to loose wt fast. so if someone can join me and help me with the diet...what to eat etc

rixx-
I answered you in another thread, but due to copyright issues, we cannot post the exact details of the 3 week eating/exercise EFS regime here. You are going to have to buy the book, I am afraid to say. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim K (Post 2445762)
Go Aphil!!! You are an inspiration! :carrot:

Thank you. :)

rixx 11-10-2008 10:15 AM

was not aware of copyrights prob

hi phil
sorry was not aware of copyrt thing.....i just wanted a bit of guidance to start the diet till my book comes. also thanx for replying on another thread but i haven't been able to locate it. am new here and not net savy at all so don't know how to navigate thru these threads etc

DiBaskin 01-08-2009 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aphil (Post 2355623)
Well, my first bit of advice is to read the book thoroughly BEFORE you start. This is my advice with any plan that has a book. Secondly, try the things on the menus...if you don't like any of the foods on the eating plan, you most likely are not going to do well on it. An occasionaly substitution is going to be okay...but the plan won't yield good results for you if you are subsituting 1/2 of the foods on the plan.

Sadly this is my problem. I was trying to do this diet and figure out a way to make it work but I hate all beans. I was going to do it without the beans but if you are saying you may not succeed if you don't follow the whole plan I may just look for another plan.

aphil 01-09-2009 12:16 PM

You might have to...if you did the plan without the beans, your calories would be way too low...so low that you wouldn't be able to do all of the cardio required on the plan. Your protein intake would also be way too low...meaning you would lose muscle mass.

Since the plan is so mapped out, and so strict and severe-you really have to be able to follow it to the letter for it to be nutritionally sound.