Going out to eat? Ever??

• Hello all. I was (and still am) in LOVE with eating out. Is there a stage where I can start eating out? Its hard to tell what they cook thier foods in even when you order it broiled.

What about mexican?

I'm only on day 4 and I'm DYING...Help please...I need something to look forward to!
  • You can go out to eat! You just have to be very careful with what you choose. That's the most important thing about the diet, making the right choices to improve your lifestyle. Although phase 1 is restrictive, its not impossible to order what you want. The best thing to do is tell the waiter what you want, then see if they can figure out something for you. I just went to a Mexican restaurant the other day and they were so nice to accommodate all my requests. Here are some suggestions:

Breakfast: oatmeal and veggie egg white omelets, I can't think of a breakfast place without them (just say no sugar or cheese )
    Lunch: soups and salads are at every restaurant, just be careful about croutons and cheese, just tell them you don't want either.
    Dinner: Some places have brown rice, I usually ask for some grilled veggies to mix around like a stir fry. I recommend PF Changs
    I usually bring snacks in my purse (sliced apples, carrot sticks, etc.) for a quick pick me up during the day
    Dessert: There are many frozen yogurt places that offer fruit as a topping, I can't even finish a small so I save it in the fridge for the next day
    Hope that helps! Keep on smashing!
  • I don't think this would be good for making you advised like go some place and try to eat this item because they may be harmful for you also.
  • I also eat out regularly...always have. I just scope menu's before I go and pick what I know is better for me. Most menu's nowdays have a light section. HTH
  • I eat out a couple times a week (a must for the "business lunches" I have). If you want a couple pointers...
    • Any veggie salad (without avocado) is great. Ask for your dressing on the side, no croutons, no cheese.
    • Stir fry it up during Phase 1 - Places like PF Changs and BD's Mongolian grill will fix you up with all the veggies, spices, and brown rice you could ever want.
    • Mexican places always have beens, and many have brown rice. Once you're in Phase II, Mexican places become one of the easiest to eat at.
    • It gets a lot easier after Phase I, because you can incorporate meat. Salads with a little bit of chicken meat are great!
    • Broiled Fish with veggies are available at a lot of chain restaurants (think Olive Garden, Red Lobster, et al).
    • When in doubt, the majority of restaurants offer nutritional information on their website. Check it all out to make sure your "low fat" food isn't full of sodium and sugar.