3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fat Smash Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet-211/)
-   -   Returning 3FC member -New to Fat Smash (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet/145400-returning-3fc-member-new-fat-smash.html)

Rayne33 07-02-2008 07:31 PM

Returning 3FC member -New to Fat Smash

Hi Everyone - I am sorry to say that I have been away from the boards for some time now. :( With going back to college and working full-time, it has been a struggle to keep up with the "ME" things that I enjoy to do. I have once again hit an all time low but am determined NOT to give up!! All of you on this board have always given me such inspiration and encouragement - so I have decided to take some time to get myself back on track. I'm taking a break from college for the summer (maybe the fall too, If I need to) and am committed to giving 100% to myself for once in my life.

I am the heaviest I have ever been in life and am just sick about it, literally! I plan on starting the fat smash diet this Sunday - I'm traveling for the fourth and will return on saturday to do my grocery shopping to prepare for phase I.

I am Super Excited about this decision and this diet! Does anyone have any suggestions for the first phase? I'm a snacker and could really use some ideas that are allowed during this phase. Thanks! :grouphug:

Good Luck to everyone!

whoopdedoo5 07-06-2008 09:58 PM

Hey! welcome! As far as snacks I load up on grapes, watermelon, and I love cherries! We are also allowed 1 rice cake per day I believe but I do allow my self 1 package of 90 cal rice cake snacks bc I need my chocolate! haha! :) hope you do great I know you can!

Rayne33 07-07-2008 05:54 PM

Thank you! I'm SO glad it's this time of year when the best fruits and veggies are readily available and in abundance. I love grapes and watermelon - so I think I am going to have alot of that on hand. I love my chocolate too! which is why I bought some light chocolate soy milk - just something to cure my sweet tooth every once in a while.

Thanks for your suggestion and support! :hug:

whoopdedoo5 07-08-2008 06:41 AM

no prob at all! I we did pick the right time to start this bc of all the great fruits available to us right now! Even though my beloved cherries are super expensive I will bite the bullet and buy them because they help me overcome my sugar cravings...and as for my grapes I have to eat them first before my bf eats all of them! haha...and light soy milk..is that any good? never had it before? hmmm might have to try a little of that...

Rayne33 07-08-2008 05:21 PM

Luckily my bf doesn't like grapes that much - he is one of those skinny minnies that can eat whatever they want and not gain a pound! blah. lol.

Oh, if you have a sweet tooth at all or love chocolate as much as I do - you CANT live without light chocolate soy milk. It is SO GOOD!! You definitely should try it. Let me know what you think of it if you do. <:)

whoopdedoo5 07-09-2008 06:51 AM

next time I'm at the store I will buy some! my bf is a skinny minnie too! and it makes me sooo mad! haha...last night he ate a whole frozen pizza by himself...and I had egg whites lol after I worked about and he just watched tv!

janmot 07-09-2008 03:38 PM

Rayne,
This may not be a snack food but it is easy to prepare and stores great in the fridge. I love Mexican food so to satisfy my cravings I mix a can of black beans with a can of corn the mix in some pico. Store in the fridge. I have eaten this stuff hot, cold and in between. I have put a spoon full in a lettuce leaf and rolled it up for a taco. I have also poured some over brown rice. By the way I found these to-go brown rice meals that are a perfect size and easy to transport for packing lunches.
I too have been away for a while and need to get back into the swing of not only the diet but visiting this site because of all the help we receive from the other smashers. Good luck.
Jan

Rayne33 07-09-2008 07:29 PM

Thanks, Jan - that sounds yummy! I will definitely try this snack. I can use all the ideas I can get. If I don't have something healthy readily available to snack on - I tend to grab the first bit of junk food I can find.

I'm glad you, too, have made your way back to the boards! Good Luck with you, too! :hug:

Sweetcaroline 07-24-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

I mix a can of black beans with a can of corn the mix in some pico
Feeling foolish, but what is pico ? :dizzy:

LighterLou 08-01-2008 07:57 PM

Caroline--Pico is salsa

Hello everyone! My fav snacks are frozen grapes, frozen mangos or frozen pineapples bits! There is a great recipe for banana ice cream, you mix frozen bananas with yogurt, fruit and or vanilla, and blend it is so good even my DH likes it!!

I love to hear about everyone elses snacks! Bye