3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fat Smash Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet-211/)
-   -   Looking for a buddy or two (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet/143530-looking-buddy-two.html)

janmot 06-22-2008 10:33 AM

Smasher Buddies I have a confession to make - I blew it last night:mad:
I started the diet Wednesday and I cheated and weighed myself early Sat morning (I had lost 3lbs) I was so excited. I followed the program during the day but last night hubby took me out to my favorite mexican food place and I only ate a chalupa but it was loaded with guacamole and sour cream. I felt guilty but it tasted soooo good. I did not weigh myself this morning but I am back on track and intend to stay on track so that I can really see what this diet can do. By the way I was willing to eat out because I had just taken the hardest test of my life that morning and I wanted to celebrate that it was over. I just finished getting my masters in education and tested for my principal certification Saturday morning. Whew!!!!! Now I just have to wait for the results.

Jan

C Bo 06-22-2008 12:53 PM

Question... how long does brown rice stay fresh in the fridge? I have a little left from last week. I wonder if it's still fresh to use on Monday?

Annie & Kara, I am so proud of you for making such great choices. I honor your discipline and will power. I am going to need some tonight as I will be meeting some friends at our favorite sushi spot. I sure hope they have brown rice sushi.

Jan, its okay. Just pick up and continue where you left off. It would be a good idea to stay on detox for 2 or 3 more days... it won't hurt anything. We all have been where you are. Congratualations on the 3 pounds :carrot:

annierew 06-22-2008 03:04 PM

Janmot - Don't sweat it! I cheated yesterday, too, and had steak. If you have the book, read over the beginning, since he says that this is for life, and we're going to go off plan now and again, it's how we decide to deal with it. We can either go off plan completely, or decide to get back on track for the next meal. And since we decided to get back on plan, we're heading in the right direction. Woo Hoo!

So, since I did pass on my mashed potatoes last night, all I can do is think about them. Does anyone have a recipe for mashed sweet potatoes? I think I'm going to mess around with foods we're allowed on detox to see if I can come up with something comparable. If it works, I'll let you know.

kara d bride2b 06-22-2008 05:07 PM

Jan: I completely understand where you're coming from. When I took my Comps exams for my masters I most definitely celebrated afterwards. And like Annie and C Bo said, you can get right back on track, no worries. It's funny, Mexican food has been calling my name lately. I was watching a show where they were doing salsa dancing and I couldn't even watch it because all I was thinking about was Mexican food-hahaha. So be glad you enjoyed that chalupa and just get back on track-no problem! :)

C Bo: I know you can have the willpower to resist at the sushi place. And if they have brown rice sushi then it really will be a better place to be than Mexican or Italian or a burger joint because it's fish. And even though that's not allowed on Phase 1, it is allowed on Phase 2. So it won't be THAT bad off program if you do have to go off a little bit.

Annie-I don't really have a recipe, but I do make mashed sweet potatoes and Ryan said the other day that they were like a mix between mashed potatoes and a dessert, so you might like them. They were a fix for me since I love mashed potatoes so much. I just hollow out the sweet potato after I cook it and put some spray butter, cinnamon, even a little bit of pepper on it if you like it salty. It makes it so creamy and delicious. SO good. In fact, he's grilling chicken today and I'm making them as my side dish. Today is actually my first day to eat on Phase 2. I'm not even used to what I can eat-it's weird. Good luck making them, and if you think of anything else, let me know. Other than the sweet potato fries, there are not any recipes for them in the recipe thread...I looked at all 6 pages!!

Have a great day ladies!!

C Bo 06-22-2008 05:31 PM

Annie, what about the mock smashed potatoes using cauliflower?

Here's a recipe that I found.

1 medium head cauliflower
1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened (substitute olive oil or fat free yogurt)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan (substitute veggie shreds)
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon straight chicken base or bullion (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt)
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
3 tablespoons unsalted butter

Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.

In a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and pepper until almost smooth.
Garnish with chives, and serve hot with pats of butter.

kara d bride2b 06-22-2008 08:14 PM

I've had these before-don't know what the recipe was because my mom made them for me, and they were good. I love cauliflower though, so it made it easier for me to like them. :)

annierew 06-22-2008 10:18 PM

Thanks, C Bo. I've tried mashed califlower, but it just isn't the same. I still had some sweet potato chopped up for fries, so I had them today, but tomorrow night I'm going to try a mashed sweet potato concoction. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Janbot - I forgot to say so, but congrats on getting your masters. That's a huge accomplishment!!!

My menu for the day: (I woke up really late, so I didn't eat as many meals)
L - big bowl of steamed veggies, sweet potato fries
S - fruit salad
D - brown rice, corn, red beans and salad dressing
S - bowl of corn and green beans, pickle

taragettingthin 06-22-2008 11:14 PM

Hey ladies, I have a question...since we are talking about sweet potatoes.

I have made sweet potato fries couple times so far and it came out kinda burnt both times. I followed the recipe to the T... not sure what to do.

What do you guys do exactly ... ?

taragettingthin 06-22-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annierew (Post 2235853)

Also, I did read on a Q&A with Dr. Ian that the reason you're not supposed to weigh in until the end of the phase I was because your body is getting used to the changed and how it will process the new foods, so your weight will fluctuate for the first so many days and day nine will be what you lost through all this. So....when we all keep "cheating" by looking at the scale before then, it's really not helping us, since it's not necessarily accurate. But, I do know it's so hard. We just want to see what the results are before 9 days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by C Bo (Post 2236063)

Tara, I did alot of research prior to beginning the FS diet. Its normal to not see weight any loss till day 10. Promise me that you'll stay off the scale.... push it under your bed so that you won't be tempted. It will only make you discouraged.

Thank you ladies! I have to weigh myself tomorrow morning because of one of the challenges I'm in. But after that, I sure am going to stay away from the scale. My day 10 is Wed but I think I'm going to do Phase 1 for 11 days, since I cheated 2 days although it was small stuff. Just an idea so far..haven't decided though. But no matter what, I WILL stay away from the scale untile THE DAY, I promise.

janmot 06-23-2008 07:54 AM

Ladies,
You were right. I cheated Saturday night but went right back on track Sunday. I weighed this morning am at the 3lb loss mark so what I did Saturday is off. YEAH!.

I like all the recipes you guys are sharing. I have had both of the sweet potatoe and cauliflower recipes and really enjoyed them. So far I haven't experimented too much just sticking with what is listed and not going beyond. I guess I want to make sure I am really on track before I branch out. Thanks for the advice too about extending phase 1 to counter my cheat.
You guys are the best:hug:

Jan

LisaNJ33 06-23-2008 08:11 AM

You are so right about waiting to weigh it.. stupid me weighed in Saturday on day 6 and I was down 11 pounds..:carrot: but than I stepped on the scales yesterday and was up 3. I had done great all weekend..even took the family out for ice cream and I had none..so wht did I do last night..have a small slice of pizza andasomeapenuts.The sad thing I wasnt even hungry, just annoyed:devil:

So now its monday.. I have a fridge full of veggies and fruits and I am reaay to dive right back in.

kara d bride2b 06-23-2008 03:20 PM

Good job jumping back on track, Lisa. I'm the same way as you sometimes, and that's why I refuse to weigh myself. I get so frustrated that I'm not losing that I want to go eat (at least that's what I've done in the past.) And in the end, that sure won't help! But you are smart to jump right back on plan. Even if it was just 8 lbs in 6 days-that's AWESOME!!! I lost 11 lbs. in 9 days, so you will have a significant loss, don't worry!!!

Jan: Glad that your loss didn't really affect your weight loss. Way to go!!!! I'm glad you've liked the recipes that were on here so far. This place is a great place to find good ways to cook things-I love going through the recipe thread and finding different ways to cook things that I've got. And think that helps to add some spontaneity to our diets, you know?

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!!!

Kara :-)

taragettingthin 06-23-2008 03:27 PM

By the way, one thing I've really noticed since starting the FSD. My BM is going great. I used to go once in 3-4 days if not once a week. Now, at least once every other day, if not every day. That's great, isn't it? :D

Sorry for TMI, though. heh. :D

C Bo 06-23-2008 07:16 PM

Ladies, I've fallen off the wagon and trampled by the horses.

The sushi cafe did not have any brown rice sushi so I ordered my norm. The thing is, I didn't even think twice about it. It was so good. Then today, a co-worker brought in a breakfast casserole. I had planned on starting again but didn't. I'm not going to beat myself up about it though. I'm going to start fresh tomorrow and continue from there. I may do an extra 9 days of detox.

Sorry guys, I'm human. I've realized my mistake and now I'm ready to move on. I feel so dirty and bloated with all this gunk in me.

Tomorrow is a new day!

kara d bride2b 06-23-2008 07:32 PM

That's ok C Bo! Just make sure to jump back on the bandwagon tomorrow, and you'll be just fine!! We are all human, and that's definitely going to play a part in dieting. And you most DEFINITELY do not need to apologize to anyone. What you did is perfectly normal, and you'll be just fine!

No worries!!! :)