3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fat Smash Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet-211/)
-   -   Looking for a buddy or two (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet/143530-looking-buddy-two.html)

kara d bride2b 06-14-2008 11:53 PM

That's a good attitude to have, although for some reason that's never the mindset I had right before I started a new diet-LOL. I don't think there's any reason to binge, but definitely if there's something you'll crave while you're doing the diet, make sure to get a taste of it tomorrow. :) That way you will at least get that satisfaction before starting on Monday.

taragettingthin 06-15-2008 01:08 AM

I just finished working out. (I know it's late but I'm used to staying up till 530 AM every day...) I worked out earlier, but only for 30 minutes with 30-Day Shred. I just started doing this workout that I was kinda being lazy with my TransFirmation series. Today was the first day I actually got to do the non-express version of it since I started 30-Day Shred.

After I posted earlier, I went out with my DD to a bookstore and got the book, and then to a grocery store and got some canned fruits (no syrup ones!) and egg whites.

I can't wait till my Detox starts and ends... and get to feel the energy! =)

C Bo 06-15-2008 08:38 AM

Hi, Ladies! OMG, I can't believe this is my first post... yah me

I want to join too... hope I'm not too late. I bought the book yesterday and will start tomorrow (Monday). I hate noting the starting weight because I always seem to become depressed. My mini goal will be to lose 10 lbs as well. Can we also post our daily menus? I'm having a hard time figuring out what I'm going to eat each day. One thing I do know, is that I love brown rice, sauted onion topped with a veggie burger and soy sauce. I think this will be my staple for dinner. Reminds me of fried rice.

One more question... can you substitute the egg whites for egg beaters?

annierew 06-15-2008 10:42 AM

C Bo - You are more than welcome to join us! I start on Monday, too, so we'll be in it together. It's great to have someone start the same day, since it gives it a little bit more accountability. I also love the idea of posting menus. All it does is help us all out, so I'll post mine as well. And yes, you can substitute egg beaters, but make sure they're not the new ones with yolk. I made that mistake the one time. Whoops!

Tara - silly question, I know, but what's DD? I have seen other people post it, but I can't figure it out. Also, how do you like the 30 Day Shred? I love Jillian, especially since she comes from being overweight and turned herself around. She might not have been where a lot of us are now, but she understands it.

I do work out with a trainer (been off with him for about a month), but I am planning on getting back on track with him soon. My sister was getting married and money was getting really tight, so something had to give. And like always, it was my diet! How easy to do, right? It seems every year I'm in a wedding or two, so since nobody is engaged yet, I'm going to try and get into great shape before that next wedding. Each dress fitting has been getting better, but I want the next time to be flawless! And I have a funny feeling my cousin's getting engaged sometime soon. She's definitely putting the pressure on, so I better get started! :D It's always something, isn't it? Ha.

Have a good day, girls! I know I'm going to try to stay good, since tomorrow is the big start day! Oh my!

taragettingthin 06-15-2008 11:22 AM

Wow, I didn't know Jillian used to be overweight!!! :D
DD is Dear Daughter
DSD Dear Step Daughter
DSL:Dear Sister in Law
DH Dear Husband
DF Dear Fiance(Fiancee)
DS Dear Son
and so on...
I was confused at first too. :D

C Bo 06-15-2008 12:01 PM

Great! I have my meal planned for tomorrow.

B - Veggie Omelet (using egg beaters) & 1/2 C of mixed berries
S - Sm. banana & 10 cashews
L - Small salad w/Wish Bone Bountiful low cal dressing
S - 1/2 C plain yogurt w dash of cinnamon & 1/2 C mixed berries
D - 1 C brown rice w/corn, chopped veggie burger & couple dashes of soy sauce

Okay ladies, please critique my menu for day 1. Seems like its not going to be enough calories.

annierew 06-15-2008 12:26 PM

Tara- Thanks for that info. I have always been so curious. Jillian has mentioned her weight struggles on Biggest Loser before. She said she loved Taco Bell and all that junk, but then she decided to get healthy and now is the way she is. That's part of the reason why she doesn't take any crap from anyone on that show. She might not have been as heavy as them, but she gets it.

C Bo - I think it's great that you're planning ahead! I definitely think that's key! As for the calories, Dr. Ian says that you should focus more on feeling full and stopping and eating what's in your phase. The only counting you should be doing is what's on the list, so don't worry about the calorie count, as long as you feel full when eating. If anyone has heard any differently, please let me (us) know, so we can do this in the healthiest way possible!

kara d bride2b 06-15-2008 02:42 PM

Welcome C Bo! I am so glad to have someone else join our little group we have going here!! I also love the idea of posting menus. Right now mine seem kind-of random, so it helps to have people post their menus so that I can get a better idea of things to pair together!! I got the egg beater egg whites, and I'm not quite sure of how to cook them best yet. My fiance' tried to cook them and he said that he thinks he added too much milk, because they turned out soupy...yuuuuck. Any suggestions anyone? It is also great to plan ahead-that is awesome! That will help you to keep yourself from having those moments where you have nothing prepared to eat and are starving.

OK, Tara what are these workout things you speak of? My fiance' and I do the Boot Camp with Harvey from Celebrity Fit Club. It's quite a workout, though he demeans you the whole time-LOL. Not really, but you know how Harvey is if you've ever watched the show. I used to work out with a trainer too, I really loved that accountability-maybe I'll start doing that again? We did join a gym, though, and we really enjoy going to do the cardio, weights, and swimming/whirlpool.

Annie that's a great idea to go ahead and get prepared for the next wedding. I was huge in my sister' s wedding, then I lost a lot for my cousin's, now I am going to lose a lot for mine!! :)

So I made my first sweet potato last night, and oh my gosh it was like eating something I wasn't supposed to eat. Even my fiance' said that-he said "I can't believe you can eat that." LOL They are like a cross between a mashed potato fix and a dessert fix. Anything that anyone does to sweeten those up without using butter and the usual? I put cinnamon on mine, but was wondering if there's anything else-I know we can't use brown sugar in Phase 1.

Well ladies I hope you all have a great day-I'll be back later-everyone have a great day!

smashin8 06-16-2008 12:30 AM

brand new!

Hi Everyone! Thought I'd your little group here if that's okay:) I just started fat smashing 6 days ago and I'm feeling great. I guess a little summary of me: I grew up with a pretty bad eating disorder off and on until senior year of college where it all culminated and I ended up being rushed to the hospital and had to receive treatment. After I gained a billion pounds back, I started learning to eat right- like a normal person and found something called the six week body makeover. It was wonderful- really taught me how to eat right- I ended up losing just under 50 pounds and being in the infomercial out in LA. But it was quite restrictive in the sense that there were so many things omitted from the plan, that I found it hard to keep weight off. 10lbs here, 10 lbs there and next thing I know I'm up 20 or so pounds! Not okay. I think it served it's purpose- got me into eating 5-6 small meals a day and drinking lots of water. But now I'm in a place where I want to lose weight healthily and KEEP IT OFF without killing myself with restrictions. So a friend told me about the fat smash plan and I looked into it...well, it seemed pretty okay and I got started last Tuesday! I feel great about it- glad to have so many things back that I was missing- like dairy and soy milk! And wheat items! And sugar free pudding!:) At any rate- I'm enjoying it thoroughly and I couldn't help it- I got on the scale the other day- to see if I was following things properly and if this was working! Well I started just under 160 and I'm already down to 155 as of day 5, so I'm feeling pretty happy about that. We'll see what Tuesday's weigh in brings and then I'll stay off the scale until second week(cycle) is over.

My goals are to lose about 20lbs and get back down to sizes 6-8 as I was when I was about 130-135. Most of my clothes are so tight right now I have nothing to wear- but I refuse to buy bigger clothes-nope that'll make me comfortable- I need to get the weight off and get back into my clothes. I'd also really like to sustain my running- a couple months back I ran my first 5k and I really enjoy it, but with the few extra pounds on me, my knee has been giving me problems (I used to play sports and have a knee issue) and I know if I lost some weight, it would really help -I mean I'd be carrying less weight on it!

My ultimate goal is to keep the weight off and move back into a healthy phase of my life. I spent alot of time worrying about weight and then after I lost the 50 lbs I spent a good 2 years just LIVING! And boy was it nice....but I am an actress and I went off on tour and it was nothing but fast food and i know I gain weight easily and there ya go! So anyway, that's me in a nutshell:) So hoping that by the end of this first rotation (EFS), I'll be down to about 145 and then in the next rotation: 135. So wish me luck!!!

TTYL!
Kalia

SouthernGal07 06-16-2008 02:14 AM

Welcome smashin, congrats on losing the 50 pounds I'm sure that wasn't easy. Don't set your hopes too high on losing weight really fast. I've seen small people tend to lose really slow so don't be discouraged if you don't lose 10 pounds by the end of the first rotation.

SouthernGal07 06-16-2008 02:21 AM

Well today was Day one of phase 2 for me. I so enjoyed my broiled steak, it was so perfect. I missed meat so much. I was annoyed today because I was interested in getting a Wii fit but I found out that they have a weight limit of 330 pounds, which is dumb. And then I was upset by some of the comments people were saying about it. Saying people that weigh over 330 should get off their (expletive) and go for a jog or something, and then other people said if someone weighs more than 330 are they really going to use the Wii fit. It made me think about why did I let myself get so far gone. ((Sigh))

C Bo 06-16-2008 06:05 AM

Welcome smashin. Your story seems so much like mine,10 lbs. became 20, now all of my clothes don't fit either. Today is my first day on phase I. I hope this lifestyle will show me how to eat properly. I really would like to start running, as a begginner of course. Once I start, I always seem to not keep up with it. Its so hard trying to start over. I can't even run 1/2 mile right now.

Southern, what do you mean there's 330 limit? For the Wii Fit? Are you kidding. Pay no attention to those comments. You are working on yours and have lost 15 lbs as a result. Stay focused on your goals. You are doing great!

annierew 06-16-2008 12:27 PM

Why does it always happen that you get excited to start a new diet, but as soon as you do, all you crave are the things you can't have?! It's a mental thing, I guess. I'm going to stick with it, but man, there is nothing but junk in my house right now (Reeses cookies! even!!!!) Oh well, I'm tempting everyone to eat them instead.

Smashin - :welcome3:

Kara - Sweet potatoes are so yummy! Have you tried the fries yet? There is a recipe on one of the recipe threads which is so great. I have had them along with a side salad and a boca burger and feel like I'm back in the real world again.

SouthernGal - Congrats on getting through Phase I! Don't get discouraged with the fit Wii. You can't listen to what other people post on us getting up off our tuckuses, since they don't understand. It's not that we just sat around stuffing our faces...there are so many other issues that come into play with weight. You are heading in the right direction and are already doing so well. Please, don't listen to a bunch of morons who just don't understand. Use this anger/disappointment/whatever you're feeling as motivation to show them! That's what got me started in the first place! Ha! And if you really want to do the wii, maybe you should start with the boxing or tennis, which keep you active as well, it's just not that program.

C Bo - Are you ready? I had a yummy breakfast of a santa fe egg beaters with salsa. So yummy, even when you're not dieting. And sometimes I throw in a little hot sauce to add a bit of spice. We can definitely do this together! I'm off to work then the grocery store! Woo Hoo!!!! I should have went last night, but I realized that I had enough in the house to get me through a couple of days.

I'll fill you all in on my menu later today once I figure out what it all will be. Good luck!

taragettingthin 06-16-2008 06:22 PM

Hello I'm checking in real quick before going to work.
It's been going well so far today. I'm all set for my work, too. ( I start work at 8 and get off at 430 am)

B: Omelette with 2 Egg white and 1 cup veggies, 1/4 cup strawberry, 1 cup skim milk
S: 1/4 cup frozen grapes
L: 1 cup steamed veggies, 1 cup brown rice
S: 6 oz fat free yogurt, strawberry
D: Chinese "fried" rice with 1 cup brown rice, tofu, onion, snap peas, brocolli, pepper, garlic and some more steamed veggies as side
S: Cantaloupe

My bf and DD had chinese take out, we called ahead to see if they had brown rice, which they didn't. So I ordered steamed veggies, and cooked brown rice and that was my "lunch"... (dinner for the family) I'm very proud of myself. I wanted my bf's chicken pretty bad but when I was done with mine, I told him I'm sorry but I had to get up because I wanted chicken and didn't want the temptation. I then cooked my dinner for work and measured yogurt for snack.

Since this is my first day, I find myself standing in the kitchen thinking "what do i want for next snack and lunch/dinner?" Hopefully it will get easier and I will just know and start preparing food instead of "what about this and that...or that and this..." :D

Kara, I have TransFirmation (it has 4 DVDs and great. I really did see results in first 10 workouts), 2 of 10 Minute Solution workouts (Pilates and Dance one), and got 30-Minute Solution by Jillian (of The Biggest Loser) last week.
They are all great..except the Dance one of 10 Minute Solution. I find it kinda boring for some reason. Today I did the 30-Minute Solution, 30 minute of one of TransFirmation, and 10 minute of ab Pilate. I know Dr. Ian says to work out about 30 minutes of cardio and increase as the phase goes on...but I'm used to working out at least 45 minutes a day..so I don't really want to go down on it.

BTW, I have question for anyone who may know. I'm a Korean and eat kimchi quite often. It's like pickled cabbage..Would I be allowed to eat it during any phase? Phase 1? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimchi There is information on Kimchi on the website..Could anyone tell me? Thank you! (It would be soooo good with Chinese "fried" rice YUM)

smashin8 06-16-2008 06:47 PM

Hi everyone! Finishing up day 7:) And just finished reading the guideline for second cycle- um whole wheat bread? sandwiches? YEA! Ladies as I said before, coming from such a restrictive plan, I'm excited to remind myself that one can eat bread and still lose weight! I just found out I was eating too many snacks- I don't know how I somehow made 2 snacks, three, but all week I've been eating three snacks, LOL! Still loss though, so oh well. This cycle will be dead on. Love that I get Peanut Butter too bc I LOVE PB in my smoothies:) I'm going to try and figure out how to get it in there and keep smothie under 200cals.

Annie- Have u tried chewing on gum? I know the cravings come strong, but we gotta fight through 'em ya know?

C Bo- Start running small. THere's a great running site that has a Couch potato to 5k runner several week interval guide that gets you to running a full 5k at the end. Google it and if you don't find it, give me your email and I'll send to you.

Souther Gal- Hey, I'm totally okay with just 10 more by end. Or even 5-7 in the next 2 weeks. It'll get me out of the 150s and back into the 140s where my clothes actually fit better. I'm in this for the long haul so it's okay if it takes a couple rotations. The point for me is to not only lose but to find a way of eating that I can truly live with forever- and how can you not live with just eating regular food! LOL As for the Wii Fit and the ignorant people that made those comments- well, they should go for a jog and think through the things they say while they're doing it. I have lots of friends who weight 30lbs less than me and haven't seen the inside of the gym. I'd rather be healthy and able to move my tush, rather than sit on my butt and have all kinds of unknown internal problems. Do what you have to do for you, souther gal, you'll get there. I have so much respect for you bc you're not letting the number on the scale keep you from going for this goal- to change your life and make it happen. A lot of people in your position would say forget it and say its too far to go, but you're going for it- i respect that and have faith in you! :) Keep at it!

Ok, the treadmill awaits, since it just started to rain, i won't be running outside- I like to run to the gym a few blocks away- get my workout in and run home:) booh summer rains in nyc:)