Old 07-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #331  

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone,

I am still around so I thought I check in. I am now in Phase 4 which is pretty much this is how I will eat for the rest of my life. I'm still working out. I try to do it every day or no less than 5 times a week. My total weight loss is now 35 pounds. I have to admit being single and not having family very close makes it easier. Not as many temptations I guess. I'm pretty strong headed about this now so I doubt that I would let that influence me. I feel like a woman on a mission. Keep strong everybody. The life style change does work. I go to the doctors next month. I'm anxious to see his face when he sees how much weight I've lost.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 202/???/120

Height: 5'3"

Hello Fellow Smashers:

I have been out of town a great deal lately so I haven't been checking in like is did when I first started. Traveling on a diet is tough. I finally got up the nerve to weigh in this morning and I've gained it all back so I am having to start all over again I know it works since I lost 6lbs during the first 9 days. I should be at home from now on so hopefully I can get back on track.

Jan
Old 07-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #333  

Height: 5'8"

Jan - I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm traveling all the time and out of the house more than I'm home. The pile of laundry is INSANE!!!! I'm getting back on the wagon again, so let's lean on each other. I need all the help I can get!

Nobility - are you able to bottle up your motivation? If so, I'll take a case! Good for you. That's amazing and an inspiration. I'll keep thinking of you when I'm too lazy to eat right or get moving. At least I'm dogsitting this week, so I have to go for walks, even though I haven't been eating correctly. If only I could borrow him all the time!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:56 PM   #334  
Time to get it together!

S/C/G: 224/218/150

Height: 5'7

WOW! Congrats woopdedo!! So, I had planned to start earlier in the week but haven't yet! However I did go to the store and stock up on fruit... and my family is all going out of town tomorrow so I figure I'll start while they are away that way I don't have to worry about what they are eating. My only concern is... I'm not much of a veggie eater... so phase 1 could be very difficult for me. I like corn, green beans, peppers and lettuce.... thats about it... picky I know... I just hope sticking to mostly fruit and a few veggies will work!! Hopefully tomorrow is my day!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 07:00 AM   #335  

Okay maybe it's time for me to tell my tale. What's motivating me. It's not easy for me to talk about it but if it helps others than it's worth it.

I'm 45 years young. I'm very young at heart. I don't think of myself as 45. I don't even look 45. People are shocked when I tell them my age. I've always had a weight problem. It does run on my mothers side of the family and it is directly related to bad eating habits. Nothing more nothing less.

Before I started this new life style change I was well over 300lbs. As I said I am very young at heart. I love amusement parks. Well naturally when your over 300lbs. you can't fit on the roller coasters anymore. I wouldn't even try to get on for fear of the embarrassment of not being able to fit. I took my dad to Disney World in March 2008 and we just walked around. There was a few attractions I could ride but not many. My father doesn't ride so it was no big deal to him. It was to me.

I got to a point where I was sick of not being able to enjoy my life the way I wanted to. There were other factors of course. My health, I now have high blood pressure. Heart disease and diabetes runs in the family. I just got sick of the way I was living my life. So I decided to try fat smash because it's a realistic way of living. Right food choices and exercise. I also got tired of doctors asking me if I considered a gastric bypass. This is everyone's personal choice but for me it was not an option.

So with all that said. My sister said if I get down to my goal weight we are going to Orlando to do all the parks and ride all the rides. That includes water parks and wearing a bathing suit in public again.

So that''s pretty much my motivation in a few simple paragraphs. Hope it motivates someone else. Keep pushing!
Old 07-12-2008, 09:50 PM   #336  

ofnobility,

Your motivational story was very helpful to me. I have been feeling sorry for myself lately and needed to know that others face similar situations. I have been wanting to go visit my son in Chicago but am afraid I won't fit in the plane seats. I think I will post a picture of my son on my fridge so that he will help motivate me to get off my butt and get ready to get on that plane.

Thanks for sharing.
Jan
Old 07-13-2008, 07:55 AM   #337  

Well I can tell you janmot that's a good motivation as well. The last time I flew up north in September of 2007 it was not a good experience. The plane was crowded. I was in an isle seat and it was very uncomfortable. Part of me was hanging out in the isle and part of me was right up against the guy sitting next to me on the other side. Fortunately he was extremely friendly and we talked the whole way.

Airlines want to jack ticket prices up on over weight people because they say the extra weight burns up more fuel. I'm supposed to fly north again over Christmas so that's just one more motivation.

Yesterday I got up to go on my bike ride and discovered my rear tire was flat. I was not happy. I don't like to miss my cardio. I took it to the bike shop to get it repaired. He also said my front wheel needed adjusting there was something wrong with the bearings. Now in Florida in the summertime if you don't get out there early your guaranteed to get caught in the afternoon rain. Well it took him until noon to fix that bike so I got out to the trail late. I saw rain clouds coming but I was determined to get my ride in yesterday. So I went. Everything was good until I hit the last section of the trail going down. One big black cloud and a down pour. I didn't care. I was going to get my 10 miles in. I got soaked and my glasses were all foggy but I finished my ride. I'll be going again today. It's actually looking like rain out there right now.

Last edited by ofnobility1982; 07-13-2008 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #338  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Just stopping in to say hello to everyone and I hope things are going great for you all! I just started the cool running program and its for nine weeks so hopefully that will be fun!!!! I will keep you posted.

how is everything going with smashing?????
Old 07-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #339  

ofnobility,
I have one of those funny stories (not really funny but you know what I mean). We (hubby and I) had gone to the coast and were sitting out on the deck enjoying the breeze off the water and the beautiful sunset when it dawned on me that I was hanging out all over the chair. It was one of those plastic chairs with openings on the side. I remember a time when I fit in those chairs without poking through. Unfortunately, those days are gone. Now if I did not have that opening I doubt I would be able to get in the chair. I refused to allow my husband to take any pictures because I knew what I would look like hanging out of that chair. I almost want to take a picture of the chair and paste it on my fridge as a remember of my embarrassment.

Jan
Old 07-17-2008, 10:17 AM   #340  
Time to get it together!

S/C/G: 224/218/150

Just stopping by to say hello... hope everyone is doing well! This is day 6 for me... I had a little set back yesterday... but I'm back on track now and hope things go well. I plan to add a few extra days of detox... I was down 6lbs yesterday... but was up a little from that today... hopefully tomorrow the scale will go back down tomorrow... or maybe I should stay off of it for a day or two...but that is just so hard for me.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:44 AM   #341  
Cynicism and Smilies

S/C/G: 245/237/145

Im starting Smash tomorrow (have to buy groceries tonight ^^) and reading through this has been a great inspiration.

Nobility, you're doing amazing, and than you for posting your motivation!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #342  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

NOBILITY.. Great job on how far you've come!!

ANNIE... Did you get my email?
Old 07-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #343  

Great job ofnobility1982 - You are doing terrific!!! I have had similar sucess - down over 60 lbs since early May!!! Its amazing how well it works when you follow the program I never could get that into my head until now Keep up the great work!!!

Last edited by evierose; 07-17-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:58 AM   #344  
Cynicism and Smilies

S/C/G: 245/237/145

Day two for me ^^ Still excited, no bumps yesterday. Not too terribly hard for me because when I was a teen, I was a vegeterian for a couple years.

The Chinese "Fried" Rice dinner from the recipe forum - fantastic! I was a bit worried about all the rice/beans type dinners would get old fast, but with some spices and onions and peppers, I realize it works just fine for me!

I do feel a bit silly in the mornings when I come in carrying my three tupperware containers for my throughout-the-day meals, but small price to pay! I am usually the first or second to get into the office, so I've been making "extra" walking trips around the hallways and offices to sneak in a little extra movement in my day...damn desk jobs ^^
Old 07-25-2008, 01:16 AM   #345  

S/C/G: 312.5/312.5/155

Height: 5'7"

Hey all my friends!!! I missed you all so much. I think part of me felt really guilty because I went off plan, and I didn't want to come post because I felt so bad about it. But I decided to come back because I felt my best when I was getting support from my friends!!! So here's what happened with me:

I went to TN, and it was supposed to be this vacation where I ate all of my good healthy foods and it didn't hurt me. But instead, I allowed myself to have stuff that was not on the program. So there was 7 days of not eating right. Then I got home, and I was supposed to get back on track because I messed up on the vacation. But then I convinced myself that I'd quit eating off the diet as soon as Ryan's b-day had passed (that was a 5 day period). But then Ryan's b-day came and went, and I went to the grocery and got all my healthy food, then we had another vacation coming up this past weekend, so I said, ok I'll just start when I get back from vacation. And I did. I went to my trainer yesterday and started eating healthy today. I'm VERY happy that I'm back on track, but very disappointed that I allowed myself to backtrack this much and take away time that I could've been succeeding. Oh, well, I can't dwell over what mistakes I made, I just have to learn from them and know that in the future I can't do that. I just am glad I'm back with y'all and know that everyone has those problems from time to time.

How is everyone doing??