Old 03-14-2008, 10:12 PM   #1  

Default too much fruit ?

do you think it is bad for diet progress to eat too much fruit?
because i have been eating a lot!
Old 03-14-2008, 10:59 PM   #2  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

i don't know but someone once told me i never got fat eating my fruits and veggies
Old 03-14-2008, 11:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Anything is possible, but ultimately the scale will let you know what works for you, and what doesn't.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:27 AM   #4  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

I just went to the doctor a couple days ago and he told me not to eat fruit, because it's fattening and it has too much sugar. I thought that was rediculous, but I'm not a doctor so I don't know. I just know I like this diet but I don't overeat on fruit. I'll have a couple servings throughout the day.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:16 AM   #5  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

I don't personally think too much fruit is going to hurt you If you are worried try to have more veggie snacks but still some fruit. Also if you are sticking to the book he says don't over eat so as long as you arn't eating fruit when you arn't hungry just because it's healthy, I think you should be fine

Good Luck!!

Last edited by jillnicole03; 03-15-2008 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:21 AM   #6  

Hi, the only thing with fruit is it has sugar and is a carb. so i am diabetic and do not eat lots of it. But i gain eating fruit to much. good luck. LaDean
Old 03-16-2008, 07:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

I don't think you can eat too much fruit if you are listening to your hunger cues. As long as you aren't overeating you will be fine. What phase are you on? If you can keep an eye on the scale and you will see if it affects you negatively.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:21 AM   #8  
*My blessing is IZRAEL*

This might have been my problem then....I've been eating bananas like crazy when I need a quick fix or just something to snack on. He says fruits are unlimited so I thought it would be ok!?!?!?
Old 03-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

I was just speaking to a doctor friend of mine who told me that yes, fruits do have loads of sugar, but it's good sugar (if you're not diabetic). It's a much better way to get your sugar fix than anything else. She also said that you should base your diet on veggies and fruits with more focus on the veggies, since the fruit DOES have sugar. However, she only feels that you're eating too much fruit if it affects your weight. You have to really listen to your body and see what it tells you.

So what I got from that was that if I'm following the fat smash to a "T" and am either staying the same or gaining, then I should limit my fruit intake.

I hope this helps!
Old 03-24-2008, 11:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/227/180

Height: 5 feet

hello ladies, hope all is well. and if you do not mind me jumping in just wanted to inform you that bananas are a nono along wih pineapple and something else. does not come to mind right now. now apples have lots of fiber and like the dentist says i bet you know that very popular line. now oranges i believe i heard has lots of good sugar that goes into the system right away. i actually prefer to eat an orange as a snack if i feel i am hungry or something and it helps energize me. i love it.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:51 PM   #11  
m42

Fruit is comprised of calories like everything else. Like everything else, there are pro's and con's. Although certainly packed with nutrients, fruit is also high in natural sugars which raise your insulin levels and actually make you hungry. That may make it a bit more difficult to lose weight.

Everything in moderation!

Cheers,

Alex.