Old 02-24-2008, 03:32 PM   #1  
Ready to get to my goal!

S/C/G: 221/172/130

Height: 5'5

Default beans on extreme fat smash?

Hey everyone!!

Does anyone know if you can substitute something for beans on extreme fat smash? omg, I hate beans so much. The best I could do would be some raw green beans.... Unless anyone knows any good ways to eat them cooked? (All i ever eat is green bean casserole)

HEEEEEEEEELP!

Kristin
Old 02-24-2008, 07:46 PM   #2  
Bite Sized Version of Me

S/C/G: 234/175/145

Height: 5'6"

HI, my family eats alot of green beans, favorite way is with garlic and low sodium soy sauce and a tiny bit of olive oil, just toss it all together in a pan cover and cook until the beans are as tender or as crispy as you like them. Fresh is best in this case.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:47 PM   #3  
Bite Sized Version of Me

S/C/G: 234/175/145

Height: 5'6"

though I don't think that green beans count as the legumes that are on the fat smash diet, do you hate all beans? Chickpeas, black beans, kidney beans etc?
Old 02-24-2008, 09:48 PM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

The "beans" in the menus mean beans like pinto beans, black beans, garbanzo beans (chickpeas), navy beans, cannelini beans, etc. They have a ton of fiber and protein and are great for filling you up and keeping you full. Be creative in preparing them!

Here are some ideas:
*Buy a can of vegetarian refried beans and warm it in the microwave and top with a can of those canned diced tomatoes with green chilis and salsa. Serve over a bed of chopped romaine lettuce or just eat out of the bowl.
*Roast a can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas) - Drain, rinse, and pat dry. Dump into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and shake on any seasonings you like. My favorite combination is salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and chili powder. I've also tried salt, pepper, garlic powder, and curry powder and that was good. Just salt and pepper is good. Minced garlic is also yummy. Spread them out on a baking sheet and bake at about 350* for a half hour or so, shaking the pan every ten minutes. Eat warm or cold.
*Cannelini beans are really mild (they're the white beans). You can rinse a can of them, puree them, and add them to spaghetti sauce to top whatever other vegetable you're having at that meal.
*Warm some rinsed black beans (canned) in a sauce pan with some minced garlic and then sprinkle lime juice over them. Top with diced tomatoes.
*Lebanese Bean Salad (I learned this from a Lebanese friend) - Drain and rinse a can of garbanzo beans, cannelini beans, and kidney beans. Dump into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and the juice of two lemons. Mix in about three diced plum tomatoes and a bunch of chopped scallions. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve cold. It's especially good after "marinating" for a day or two.

Hope that helps!

Kara
Old 02-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #5  
*My blessing is IZRAEL*

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but is seasoned salt ok on veggies in Phase 1? I can eat them all day long, but I have to salt on them....I see somethings are ok for recipes but not others. Please let me know! *I dont have the book yet, its on its way, but I'm doing the best I can till I get it.*
Old 02-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #6  
Ready to get to my goal!

you guys are all so great. i think refried fat free beans is the best i can do. beans are just nasty, but i am going to eat more veggies on days i eat less beans. hopefully i can warm up to beans. i appreciate all your help. i looked up the beans and checked the fat smash website, green beans are ok, but not canned....

everything is great besides that! best of luck to all!
Old 02-24-2008, 10:40 PM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmama1983 View Post
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but is seasoned salt ok on veggies in Phase 1? I can eat them all day long, but I have to salt on them....I see somethings are ok for recipes but not others. Please let me know! *I dont have the book yet, its on its way, but I'm doing the best I can till I get it.*
1 teaspoon salt a day, total.

Hope that helps!

Kara
Old 02-24-2008, 10:57 PM   #8  
*My blessing is IZRAEL*

^^^ Thank you so much!!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 08:37 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

chubbywifeyIN, if all you're going to eat is refried beans, I can almost guarantee this diet is not going to work for you. You need to have a variety of foods to eat that are interesting and tasty to you so you are motivated to stay with this eating plan. If you're choking down your beans, then you're going to be wishing you were eating other things, which will eventually lead to at least off-plan splurges, if not binges.

Maybe this isn't the right plan for you.

I'm not trying to be unsupportive. We'd love to have you stay! I've found this diet to be quite successful in getting pounds off quickly, but the trick is sticking with it. I've done one rotation through where I followed the meal plans exactly and lost right with what was projected. Then I started another rotation where I added something here and changed something there and my loss was much smaller. If you want the results, then you have to stick with it, and if you're not going to be motivated to stick with it because you don't enjoy what you're eating, then it's going to be a battle.

If you need any more tips on ways to prepare beans, I'd be happy to throw some more out there. Just let us know what we can do to help!

Kara
Old 02-25-2008, 02:22 PM   #10  
Ready to get to my goal!

Oh no, not just refried beans, no way, lol. I am going to try and eat different ones, I just need some recipes, and that seems to be where you come in,

I just am not the biggest fan of beans, but I can make it work, I am almost positive!!! So throw me some recipes, I am on it!
Old 02-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #11  
*My blessing is IZRAEL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbywifeyIN View Post
Oh no, not just refried beans, no way, lol. I am going to try and eat different ones, I just need some recipes, and that seems to be where you come in,

I just am not the biggest fan of beans, but I can make it work, I am almost positive!!! So throw me some recipes, I am on it!
Girl, I feel the same way you do! I really want to try those chick peas though just a as quick snack. I hope I can cook them right. I can pretty much make anything work as long as I can put seasoning on there!
Old 02-25-2008, 10:45 PM   #12  
Ready to get to my goal!

hotmamma- i am sooooooooooooooooooooo glad you understand!!!