Old 01-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #1  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

Default Newbie Here

Hey everyone.

I started the fat smash diet on the 23rd. I'm already down 4 pounds (I know we aren't supposed to weigh until after the first phase but I couldn't wait). I like how things are going so far, I was a little confused at first because I would've liked the book to be more specific. I decided to go ahead and get started but I did have to invest some time into finding out the specifics on what I could and couldn't have. Because I was going to go to the store and buy flavored oatmeal but I read on a website it's supposed to be the plain stuff, so I'm glad I didn't make that mistake. Well anyway, I am hoping to do great with this diet, because other ones I've done in the past didn't work for me.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:11 PM   #2  

congratulations!!!! I just started today and I hope can wait until next monday to weigh myself! Keep it up! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:35 AM   #3  
1 day & 1 pound at a time

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8

HEY!!! and welcome..I started on the 25th and on the 7th day i cheated and weighted myself..lost 7llbs..which made my weekend. But dont worry your not alone everything just takes time!
Old 02-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/202.5/145

Height: 5'5

I would love to try the diet! Just purchased the book online, and now I'm waiting for it to get here. I'm kinda anxious! I don't wanna wait... But it'll be here in a few days. From what I have read thru other postings, that the book and get a lil confusing. I hope it wont be to hard to determine what I can and can't eat...
Old 02-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #5  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nharden1984 View Post
I would love to try the diet! Just purchased the book online, and now I'm waiting for it to get here. I'm kinda anxious! I don't wanna wait... But it'll be here in a few days. From what I have read thru other postings, that the book and get a lil confusing. I hope it wont be to hard to determine what I can and can't eat...
You should check your local library because my library had this book! Good luck!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:24 AM   #6  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Just starting out

Hello everyone,

I am buying the book today and will start the diet tomorrow. I'll have make some changes to my grocery shopping list and pick up my Phase I items this evening.

I have my first wedding dress fitting on March 28 so I'm looking for about 15lbs by then. That should get me through Phase I and Phase II and a week into III.

I'll be looking for support from other Fat Smashers. Up until now I've been doing Slim-Fast (which I absolutely love), but I'm looking to jump up my program a little for the next couple of months. I really like SF and it's a very sustainable program, but like I said I'm looking for a little bit faster results and so Phase I and II look good. My fiancee is a little hesitant for me to cut out meats for 9 days (he's a meat and taters guy), but I assured him that it's only short term and I'd continue cooking "regular" meals for the family.

Anyone else just starting out? I'd love a buddy to help keep me motivated and maybe share recipes with.

Cheers,
Tamara
Old 02-19-2008, 01:35 PM   #7  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

Hi tleef,

Beans have become a very good substitute for meat for me. I have made a very good veggie stew with white and red kidney beans and I've also made vegetarian chili. They're both really good. I thought it was going to be the end of the world not having meat but it's going fine. I used to do Atkins which was almost like a complete opposite to fat smash. I liked Atkins but I didn't like how in the beginning you can't have fruit. I know you will look great for you're wedding.