Old 01-20-2008, 12:54 AM   #1  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Olive oil allowed on Extreme Fat Smash?

I've searched through my book twice and through this forum once and can't find whether olive oil is allowed on Extreme Fat Smash. I'd like to add about a tablespoon to a can of chickpeas to roast them for my dinner (I'll only eat a half cup with dinner) and also I'd like to put a drizzle on my broccoli tonight. I just started today.

Thanks for any help!

Kara
Old 01-20-2008, 08:31 AM   #2  
going, going, gone!!!!

S/C/G: 157/146.5/135

Height: 5'5"

I don't know if it is exactly allowed but it does say you are allowed a tbsp of oil so I just assumed that I could use it. I roasted sweet potatoes last night. I finish cycle 2 tonight, lost 7 lbs. the 1st cycle, 1/2 a lb. this cycle. maybe I shouldn't have been using it (I've used it the whole way through) I doubt that this is helpful, but I tried.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:51 PM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

I'm sure a tablespoon of olive oil didn't screw you up! It was probably just water weight you were losing the first cycle and now you're seeing real fat loss. Did you measure at the beginning? I forgot to yesterday but I might today so I can see if I'm losing inches.

I did see in several of the recipes that olive oil or olive oil spray was used, so I'm going to use a bit of it now and again. My chickpeas last night were SO good!

Kara
Old 01-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #4  
going, going, gone!!!!

S/C/G: 157/146.5/135

Height: 5'5"

the 7 lbs were most definitely water weight! I'm having trouble with how vague he is about somethings. for instance, tonight it says a soy, tofu or boca burger, can I have lettuce tomato some mustard, maybe a a slice of bread or is it strictly the meat and rice...I have been doing the diet to a t, so tonight I will have the patti and a 1/2 cup of rice. I'm ready for this to be done...1 more week.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:43 PM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

He is a bit vague in parts. I'm definitely thinking of this as a short-term thing and then I'll go back to calorie counting and using the South Beach principles. I just find I need to change things up a bit here and there to keep myself from getting bored and eating all the chocolate in the world!

In my book for Cycle 3, it says you can have condiments with your meals. Choose two items below per meal, or break them up over several meals:
Mustard: 1 teaspoon
Mayo: 1 teaspoon
Ketchup: 1 teaspoon
Relish: 1 teaspoon
Salsa: 1/4 cup
Hot sauce: 2 tablespoons

Personally, I'd do the veggie burger over rice with salsa on it.

I figure we'll see how these three weeks go and if it's successful (even if I just lose one or two pounds a week), then this program can be one I go to every couple months or so when I need a break from logging everything into The Daily Plate.

Good luck!

Kara