Old 12-02-2007, 06:10 PM   #1  

Default Fat Smash Questions

I am in Phase I- are we allowed to have green olives?
Also can someone tell me why we can't have raisins during this phase?
Thanks and hope everyone is having a smashing day!
Old 12-02-2007, 09:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Hey, JC,

I only know the answer to one of your questions, and I am far from very knowledgable on this...never did even buy the book, just followed what I read on the 3FC book review of the diet, but this thread isn't always very active, so I will tell you what I know and then take a SWAG....

Raisins have a high sugar content...natural to be sure, but you will notice that Phase I only allows carbohydrates that have a high fiber content, too....oatmeal and brown rice, and no dried fruit.

The olive question would be: how many green olives are we talking about? I have no idea if they are allowed or not, but if you only had four or so, I wouldn't be afraid to do that at all. If you are talking about 1/3 of a small jar, then I would warn that they are very high in sodium and this detox phase really limits sodium.

This first phase is such a healthy way to eat; you will feel great! You will get all the fruits and vegetables we are all supposed to make the foundation of our diet.

Good luck!
Old 12-02-2007, 09:34 PM   #3  

Default Thanks

Thanks Mary- Ok, no more raisins for me!! As far as the olives go, yeah, I only had three before. My friend and I are loving fat smash, we are looking to extend our detox a couple of days before we begin on Phase II because our eating had been so off kilter. The fruits and veggies are making us feel great!
Thanks for the reply and lots of success to you too!
Old 12-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #4  
juicinjudy

S/C/G: 133 currently/goal 115

Height: 5'3

Welcome JC I'm new too .I have a question for Phase1 I'm restarting tomorrow MON I've been on it before Phase 1 & liked it Does anyone know how many beans are allowed for a day? I have the book & can't find the portion size I don't want to eat too many Thanks for your help My DS did my avatar & my weight ticker for me because I'm not computer savvy but I.m trying to learn My other posts looked so drab I'll try to post often& wish everyone great success!! Have a great Fat Smashing WEEK The hardest part for me is the exercising & not weighing tll day 10 I'm used to getting on the scale everyday I hope to at least make it to day 5 not the diet the weighting everyone keep up the good & thanks for the motivation Judy
Old 01-01-2008, 06:08 AM   #5  
Awesome Super Cool Member

S/C/G: 305/251/204.5

No raisins because maybe they're pure sugar? ****, I know of dentist offices that recomend that a child has NO raisins because it's worse on the teeth then regular candy.