Old 08-30-2007, 05:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/170/120

Red face First Day Fat Smashing

This is my first day on FSD (or any diet in general for quite some time) so I figured I would post how it is going and see if I am on the right track.

I weighed in at 169.6 (a net gain of 27 pounds in the past 3 years).

Breakfast at 8: 4oz skim milk, 4oz actica lt. vanilla, 3/4cup pineapple, 5 frozen strawberries, 1 tsp omega oil

Lunch at 1130: 1 cup brown rice with onion, scallion, 2 egg whites (egg beaters), garlic, basil, and a bunch of seasonings.

Snack at 330: 1 cup grapes, 1 cup grape tomatos, 1/2 cup crunchy chickpeas (baked with curry, cayanne, cumin, garlic and braggs)

Snack 6pm: mango

Dinner 9pm: Field green salad with wish-bone spritzer and a pickle. Wanted to make baked yam or oatmeal cookies from the forum, but ran out of time.

I am a little nervous how all of this is going to go as I work 7p-7a 3 nights a week and we are always ordering out and snacking (part of the reason for the weight gain). I am making a big batch of bruchetta that should help though.

I think I only ate 900 calories but I am having such a headache I couldn't eat anything else with dinner. I had plenty of water though so I know it is not dehydration - I think it is coming off sugar cold turkey.

Advise is always welcome!

Last edited by Jaxprat; 08-30-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/230/175

Height: 5'9"

I know what you mean about the headache - but it sounds like you're doing wonderfully! I didn't feel well for the first two days. Kind of achy and blah, like I was coming down with the flu. Then the third day hit and I felt like a new person. It's such a turn around from the way I was eating that as soon as my body got used to it, I love it.

I've found that even when I cheat a bit on the diet, I simply can't eat the quantity of food that I used to be able to. That's huge for me. When faced with a whole plate of french fries, I am honestly *stuffed* after eating half of them. Before, I would eat the whole plate and then any leftover fries from my friend's plate!

Stick with it, you'll be able to figure out how to keep it in line with your life-schedule. I've found it to be really worth it and I'm not even onto phase 3 yet!
Old 08-31-2007, 06:49 PM   #3  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

Jaxprat, you sound like you're on the right track!

I agree with Spacy Stacy. I had a headache and felt sick the first three days, but after that it was smooth sailing. (It's like your body is going through an actual detox.)

How's your water intake?
Old 08-31-2007, 11:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/170/120

Default Day Two

Today I only had a little headache in the morning and I woke up in the middle of the night with a mouth drier than Arizona - but overall it was better.

I meant to do exercise but it is my "transition" day to night shift so I couldn't manage it. Here is what I ate:

930 breakfast: smoothie with dannon LF, skim milk, frozen blueberries and strawberries, and half a banana (289).

1pm lunch: 2 eggbeaters with mushrooms, tomato, onion, pineapple, a tsp of katchup (allowed?), pickle, and adora calcium (170)

(nap time)

6pm snack: cup grapes (114)

7:30 snack: 1 cup homemade bruchetta and 1.5 cup homemade clear mushroom soup (202)

1030 dinner: 1 cup veggie fried rice, ginger salad, cup egg drop soup (the rice was supposed to be brown but I think it was white) (620)

Total calories 1395