Old 08-07-2007, 08:34 PM   #1  

Default chicken question

i had a question about chicken....i have worked out a good amount of time (ie: weight training, sports) and one of the best sources of protein was chicken...reason being...it was proably the leanest form of meat possible....with that said...how much of a difference is there between eating beans or chicken?...fat content....caloric content....sodium content...etc....im in phase 3 right now and i havent really added sirloin or chicken except for one or two times here and there....but its always cause i fear that if i add them...they are going to have a huge impact on my body....but i just cant fathom how chicken would have a bad effect....especially since "people" everywhere go with chicken as the healthiest source of meat....why only 4oz? 5oz?....why not more?....
Old 08-08-2007, 06:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/230/175

Height: 5'9"

I think the whole 4 oz or 5 oz thing is about portion size, not necessarily about the fat and calories of the chicken. And portion size, I'm finding, is a huge part of eating right and something, admittedly, I have severe issues with. I'm not sure how much of a "difference" there is calorie-wise between beans and chicken. While chicken is great for protein, it can't beat beans in the fiber department. I really don't think it would have a bad impact on your body to add more chicken into your daily eating routine. Our bodies need the protein, just as they need the fiber from beans and veggies!