3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fat Smash Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet-211/)
-   -   tough 2 nights coming up (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet/118353-tough-2-nights-coming-up.html)

dee68 07-19-2007 03:04 PM

tough 2 nights coming up

hiya all,

Tonight we have a rehearsal dinner to go to...and tomorrow is the wedding (my fiance's brother)

I am stressing about what I can eat & don't want to be..."oh, I can't have that...blah blah blah) tomorrow will be day 9...although I would like to extend phase 1 because I am enjoying it so much.

has anyone been faced with "special occasions" during detox & how did you deal with it??

if I stay away from any meats and breads, I think I should be ok, and won't undo all of the progress I have made...then I can get right back into it on Saturday.

maryblu 07-19-2007 03:52 PM

dee,

Here is what I know from experience:

If you have been really compliant for 7 or 8 days, go easy on things tonight and you will be fine.

Bread is something you don't "have" to eat, so don't.

If it is a lean meat and you have a few bites, it won't cause you to gain a bunch of weight, or throw you off too much.

Enjoy these nights, don't eat it all, don't eat the sweets (wedding cake is disgusting anyway, and no one will be looking at you eating it..or not) Then get back on plan when you can.

We fall into that "perfect" trap way too easily.....it doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Good luck and enjoy.

dee68 07-19-2007 03:55 PM

thanks so much !

I have always watched my bread intake anyway because I am type 2 diabetic, so the bread & cake is not a big deal. I guess SOME lean meat is ok, but to tell you the truth, the thought of it doesn't interest me....lol....
so I may be ok !!!! :)...oh and I lost 1/2 a lb. !!...so its 6 1/2 !

thanks again !
Dee

Spacy Stacy 07-19-2007 04:19 PM

And remember - it's about the event, the celebration and the people involved ... not about the food! Just try to stick the best you can to what you know you can eat and simply enjoy the celebrations!

dee68 07-20-2007 02:34 PM

thanks !

last night was the rehearsal dinner, I did have some chicken breast, tossed salad,and lean beef & ice water with lemon. no bread, no sweets. and let me tell you, my system did NOT appreciate the meat!!!
Tonight is the wedding, I am staying away from meat,chicken!!!

I'll let you know how I do !
thanks everyone!!!!!

GoalDown50 07-20-2007 03:54 PM

wow it really didn't like the meat? hmm...mayb our bodies are getting used to not having it...im still 4 days away from weighing in! im nervous bout the weekend being around ppl all day and them tempting me with food!! oh well ive done good this far i can do good all weekend!!