3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fat Smash Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet-211/)
-   -   Anyone interested in posting on a daily thread? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet/116746-anyone-interested-posting-daily-thread.html)

chgo46 07-02-2007 07:32 PM

Anyone interested in posting on a daily thread?

Hi everyone -

I am starting FS tomorrow and was wondering if you all would like to post on a daily thread? It wouldn't matter which version you were doing just that we could all support each other, share ideas etc!

Seems like there are a lot of great, successful people here but all kind of spread around :( anyone interested?

Thanks so much -

musictchr 07-02-2007 07:39 PM

Count me in. I've just met my latest goal, and could use another reason to stay on track! Good luck with your start! :goodluck:

oldtimehockey 07-02-2007 08:23 PM

Hi!

I've been looking for a "regular" gig as well; you're right -- it seems as though everyone is all spread out!

I started the original FS back in June, and had great luck with detox, but then lost momentum and need to get back on track. I started all over again today; so far, so good!

So, hope to keep motivated with help from you guys!

Good luck!

Emily

ChristinaS 07-02-2007 08:49 PM

Sounds good to me...I also started FS today and would love to check in everyday and see the progress everyone has made. It would be a great way to keep motivated and on track!!!

ChristinaJ 07-02-2007 10:24 PM

I'd like someplace to check in too for support if I can join also. I'm new here, but started Fat Smash about 9 days ago. I've lost 6 lbs so far and it's going well enough that I think I'm going to extend the phase one for a few more days!

I'd love to hear what people are eating since I've never been much of a cook.

Nice to meet you all!

Christina J

musictchr 07-04-2007 11:36 PM

Well - how is everyone doing? :crazy: I just got back after some time at camp and found that I actually did ok.

I brought my own food, so I wasn't tempted by all of the goodies that usually appear. We even went out for dinner and I behaved myself with a julienne salad. Yeah, I know, the turkey, ham and cheese aren't exactly on program, but I've been on P1 since May 15, so I figured I deserved a treat. I stuck with FF dressing, so I think it went pretty well. :cheer2:

I don't have an exact weight, but that's another issue. As soon as I find a high capacity scale that works, I'll have an update. My digital scale has read the exact same number the last 4 days, even down to the 1/10's of a pound. I think something's up with that!

Nina 77 07-05-2007 09:55 AM

New to this web site today. I started phase 1 seven days ago and will probably extend it for a few more days than the regular nine.

Daily support can never be wrong so count me in!

/ Nina

DreaMarie 07-05-2007 04:23 PM

I'm on day 4 of FS and so far, so good. At least I think. I haven't weighed myself because my scale is inaccurate but I'm pretty proud of myself that I haven't cheated! lol Yesterday being 4th of July, I really just wanted a big hamburger but I resisted and had celery sticks instead. :) I feel like I'm eating so much but hopefully in the end of my nine days, I'll see some good results. I leave for VA beach in a couple weeks and I know we'll be eating out a lot..and there's so many good restaurants on the boardwalk I know I'll have to cheat a little but when I get back I'll get right back on track.

Snowdogs 07-05-2007 04:57 PM

This sounds great! I'm going to start on Friday or Saturday, depends on when I can get to the grocery store :-)

I do have a question - do many people do this & stick with it and keep weight off? I don't see to many success stories on here or people that have been doing it for a long time.

Thanks ! Have a great week!

Nina 77 07-06-2007 05:38 AM

Checking in

Hi again

Just wanted to know how everyone is doing?
Tried the "Homemade Lentil Soup" I found among the recipies here yesterday. It was yummy! You should try it. This eating beans and lentils is really a new thing for me, hadn't really tried it before this diet. I have a somewhat suspicious mind towards things I haven't tried before.:) Sure was a nice surprise! I've also had the "Smashing pancakes" (also found here) which were really good. I made mine with strawberry yoghurt and had sliced half a banana and some strawberries on top.

Almost skipped my exercise last night. Its been raining a lot here lately and going for walks is not an option for me then (except the ones around the block with the dog that is. When it's raining I'm glad I have a small dog who doesn't crave very much exercise!) Decided to stay in and watch the finale of "Top Chef" Season 1 (Remember this is Sweden and most TV shows are broadcast quite some time after you guys in the States have had them)
After some thought I pulled myself together and moved my excersice bike so it was in front of the TV in the living room. That really irritated my fiance who lives by the motto "everything in the house has its own place to be in". That includes no exercise bike in the livingroom. Well, we both want me to lose the weight so he just has to live with it! Right?

Was glad to see Harold win Top Chef. Seemed like he deserved it. I just love watching food shows on TV. Next week I'm looking forward to the start of ****'s Kitchen Season 2.

Well, have to go prepare lunch. See ya all later.

/ Nina

RocknRoll 07-08-2007 03:11 PM

I have been counting calories for the past month or two and I have dropped nearly 15 pounds (i'm at 14.6 lbs) and feel like starting a structured eating plan. So, I found my fat smash book and jumped right in!

I am halfway through day one of fat smash and I have the worst headache! The first time I attempted I did drink diet sodas and ate too much oatmeal so i did not get the results I wanted. Now, I am going from 5 diet cokes a day to ZERO! ow my head!

I can't wait to keep checking in!

ps- since I have been eating healthy how much weight do you think I can drop in phase one? (3-5 would make me jump for joy!)

kfreekave 07-08-2007 03:41 PM

Joining up

I would like to join up for the daily thread. My husband and I started EFS one week ago. We both had great results the first week. We are now moving into phase 2 (EFS and FS phases are different). I still have a lot of questions because the book does not do a good job explaining some things.

My first question is about Dirty Rice. We can have that as a brown rice substitute but I cannot find a recipe on here anywhere. All of the recipes that I have found contain ground beef or sausage. Does anyone know what kind of dirty rice they are talking about?

Shelly:?:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...AAc/weight.png

pageantmommyto4 07-08-2007 04:22 PM

Don't know about daily

But I would be interested in keeping track with someone on a regular basis. I started the fat smash plan almost a year ago and didn't keep up with it because my life got hectic (you know all the excuses, won't bore you).

Anyway, I wanted to start again since I'm working full time now and back on a regular schedule but can't find my book! So I need to make a grocery list and about all I can remember is

fresh fruit
fresh vegetables
nasty brown rice lol
plain yogurt

Can someone post a list or e-mail me with a list of phase one foods until i can find my book?