Old 10-27-2007, 01:16 PM   #31  

Dear Fat Smashers,
It makes me happy to hear about all of your successes in the fat smash diet. It is because of these forums that I have decided to go on the fat smash myself but no successes yet ! I have completed phase 1 going on to phase 2 and i have NOT lost a POUND! I followed all of the rules but nothing....does anyone have any advice on what I should do?? I was considering redoing phase 1......since u all seem like experts I would really appreciate ur advice.
thankes a lot,

bridge
Old 01-16-2008, 12:19 PM   #32  
Just Starting Out...

S/C/G: 185/180/145

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm on Day 3, Phase 1...i haven't weighed myself or anything
I'm kind of just hoping that by the end of this week, something will have changed!!
I am following the diet to the "T" except that I didn't exercise on day two

anyways i'm on the morning of day 3, and i'm about to do my workout. Guess i have to make up for yesterday and push it!!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:54 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

HOpe you were able to get the exercise in! Even if you can't do it one day , just stick to the diet and try to do a little extra on another day. Good luck!
Old 01-19-2008, 10:17 AM   #34  
going, going, gone!!!!

S/C/G: 157/146.5/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Help! Extreme Fat Smashers Needed!

I am doing the extreme fat smash and getting a little discouraged!!! Cycle 1 I lost 7 lbs. tomorrow is day 7 of cycle 2 and I cheated, I weighed this a.m....I have lost a 1/2 of a lb. I admit that I dont follow his exact exercise requirements but I do a bootcamp 4 days a week, and 1 hour of cardio 2 days a week, 30 on my rest day. I guess maybe I am a beta and need to switch it up. I am thinking that I am going to stick with it through cycle 3 and then when I go back to cycle 2 I'll follow the beta plan. Any thoughts or words of wisdom ????
Old 01-19-2008, 09:15 PM   #35  
maryb

S/C/G: 158/150/128/

Height: 5'

Default uh huh

You and I are in the same boat. I started about 10 days ago, and lost 6 pounds on the first week. yippee, I was psyched. Then week 2...I had the food prepared, exercised as suggested (I'm proud of me~) and expanded my "snacks" to include peanut butter with saltines, which went all right, and Wheat Thins. Now there was a dumb move on my part. Those babies are too much for me, and are no longer an option.

My weight lose stalled even before the wheat thins, when I started wk. 2....I think the larger choices of food, bread, beef...it made a difference. I am hoping, now that I'm back on track that I can see some results. Its a plateau...and I didn't help myself. But I learned something. Have oranges on hand! My favorite snack. Or pears. No processed food...or little.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:48 AM   #36  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hey gals! I'm starting up Extreme Fat Smash today. I like the meal plans in the book - sometimes I get tired of logging my stuff into The Daily Plate so this will give me the ease of having my meals pre-planned. Here's my plan for today. Does it look OK?

Meal 1 - 1 hard boiled egg and a pear
Snack 1 - 12 almonds
Meal 2 - 1 cup fruit salad (strawberries, apple, kiwi)
Meal 3 - salad with romaine, tomatoes, cucumber and three tablespoons of Hidden Valley Light Buttermilk Ranch
Meal 4 - 1/2 cup of chickpeas and a double serving of broccoli
Snack - 1 cup strawberries

Exercise - 3 miles run plus the remainder of 55 minutes walked (about another two miles); I also walked an additional six miles today.

I'm not expecting to lose the four pounds a week since I know I don't have a lot of water weight to lose, but I'm still hoping for some good results. If I get two pounds a week, I'll be ecstatic!

Kara
Old 01-20-2008, 08:38 AM   #37  
going, going, gone!!!!

well I went back to look at day 1 and it looks great!!! good luck! I'm finishing up cycle 2 and even though I haven't lost alot I feel and look soooooo much better. Late last night I was getting the itch to cheat though...I hope I can make it another week, then I'm going to allow myself to have Mexican food one meal and then I'll start again. I too like this plan, with 3 kids I just don't have time to plan, it really has mad changing my bad habits much easier! Good Luck!
Old 01-20-2008, 06:46 PM   #38  
Visualizing the Goal

I've got three kids, too! How old are yours? Mine are 6, 3, and 1.

I had to combine my Meal 3 with my Meal 4 yesterday because we had guests over and I didn't feel comfortable saying, "Excuse me, I need to go eat my salad now. Would you like any?" I just served a salad with dinner and figured I'd try to get in the four separate meals today.

It's crazy, but I feel like I lost ten pounds yesterday! I don't know if I feel good about myself for doing something good with food for once (I've been slacking on my diet the last couple weeks) or if I'm really feeling a difference, but either way it feels great! I'm not going to weigh until I finish the week, or maybe two weeks, but this is a terrific feeling! I did have a headache last night but I am 100% positive it's because I ate clean all day. The same thing happened to me on South Beach (which this is REALLY similar to) - just the body detoxing. Yay for detoxing!

Kara
Old 01-20-2008, 10:50 PM   #39  
Visualizing the Goal

Here's my menu for today:

Meal 1 - 3/4 cup of Stonyfield Farms low-fat vanilla yogurt with 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries and 5 sliced strawberries

Meal 2 - salad (romaine, cucumbers, tomatoes) with 3 tablespoons (this was a lot!) of Hidden Valley Light Buttermilk Ranch

Meal 3 - 4 ounces Morningstar Farms Steak Strips (I substituted this vegetarian option for the 4 ounces of lean protein) (moved to Meal 4 because we had friends over and I didn't have time to eat the steak strips while they were here) and 1/2 cup of roasted chickpeas

Snack 1 - 10 cashews

Meal 4 - steak strips from Meal 3, 1 cup of skim milk, 1 cup of boiled brown rice, and 2 red peppers, roasted; baby carrots while I was waiting for the rice to cook and the peppers to roast

Snack 2 - 100 calorie chocolate Jell-O pudding cup

I drank 96 ounces of water today and 1 cup of decaffinated green tea sweetened with Equal.

Exercise - Walk Away the Pounds Super Fat Burn (3 miles - 45 minutes) and The Firm Stability Ball DVD (30 minutes toning) in the morning; 60 minutes on the elliptical in the afternoon (7 hours between exercise sessions)

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-21-2008 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Changes in meals
Old 01-21-2008, 08:21 AM   #40  

I have found that when I have the snacks with carbs, I don't lose weight on EFs, or I lose very little. This week (week2, rotation 1), I am going to do fruit or nuts for snacks and hopefully see a bigger loss.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:48 PM   #41  
going, going, gone!!!!

I'm going to remember that...no carb, but I really like the rice cakes!!! I haven't touched the peanut butter or the crackers ( does having a nibble of DS crust from his pb&j count????) my favorite snacks are the 12 almonds, rice cakes, sugar free jello, sugar free pudding-i'm a sugar addict-1ozcheese 1/2 apple. If I touch the pb and crackers it will be all over, you'll find me in a corner with the pb all over my 2 fingers and face that's all I can think of...

my kiddos are 6-dd, 4 ds (18 mos apart) and my baby girl is 2 on the 30th. if it isn't laid out for me what to eat I grab what is fast and processed! so far so good, I lost 1.5 last week, 7 the 1st cycle, so 8.5 in 2 weeks isn't too shabby. this site it helping tremendously & I was dying from a migraine on days 1 &2 now I feel like I could take on the world (Maybe a bit much, but I feel really good)
Old 01-22-2008, 07:38 AM   #42  
Visualizing the Goal

I had a really bad headache the night of Day 1. I'm sure it was all the gunk leaving my system. Same thing happens to me when I do the South Beach detox phase.

I'd say eight and a half pounds is incredible in two weeks! I'm hoping for two a week.

Here's what I ate today:

Meal 1 - 1 cup cooked oatmeal with a half cup of raspberries and a splash of sugar-free DaVinci vanilla syrup
Meal 2 - 6 ounces milk mixed with one scoop of protein powder
Snack 1 - 10 cashews
Meal 3 - baby carrots while the rice cooked, 1 cup brown rice, about 1 cup of steamed spinach, 1/2 cup roasted chickpeas (I could've had a cup but I thought it was just half a cup - )
Meal 4 - 4 ounces Morningstar Farms (soy)steak strips (substituted for the 4 ounces lean protein), about 2 cups of steamed green beans, about half of a sweet potato
Snack 2 - 100 calorie chocolate Jell-O pudding

I drank 64 ounces of water and 32 ounces of Crystal Light Peach Iced Tea.

Exercise - 3 miles run, 1 hour yoga/pilates fusion class, 7 miles walked

Kara
Old 01-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #43  

I ended up losing 8 on week 1! Just weighed myself this morning. I am hoping to lose 2 a week until I hit my goal of 120.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:26 PM   #44  
going, going, gone!!!!

wow thunderbegone!!! that is awesome! Good Luck!

tomandkara....I want to know how you have time to work out that much with 3 small kids!!! I have to go at the crack of dawn and that only gives me 1 hour????
Old 01-22-2008, 07:32 PM   #45  
going, going, gone!!!!

today got in 1 hour cadio-30 on treadmill-running, and 30 on the elliptical. meals are as follows:

1 c Kashi puffed rice cereal and a splash of skim milk and a splash of splenda,
1 c fresh oj

2 clementine oranges

1/2 chickapeas and small spinach salad with veggies and 2 tbsp lite ranch

1 90 cal bag of rice cakes

1 boca burger and 1 serv of mixed steamed veggies

1 sugar free pudding

48 oz water, not my best day

I had 1 sour cherry yesterday and now I am CRAVING sweets!!! help it is poison!!!