Old 05-07-2007, 08:57 PM   #1  
Chillin w/ Prof. HoneyDew

S/C/G: 244/244/145

Height: 5'7"

Angry Does this really work? Long term?

Hi All! I am 29 years old, 244 miserable pounds and just frustrated to **** with it all. I jog 5-6 times a week, 3 miles a pop (10-11min miles), do callanetics and lunges/squats 6 days a week. Not matter how little or lot I eat, I either don't lose a pound, or end up gaining. I am not eating differently. For instance, I upped the intensity of my workouts the past 2 weeks and have gained 4 pounds. And it AIN'T muscle. At 90 pounds overweight and decent muscle current muscle tone, I fail to believe I am gaining more muscle instead of dipping into my fat reserves. I have tried TONS of diets, I have taken in as little as 900 calories in a diet, and also tried to reverse, more calories and eating 5-6 small meals a day to see if that worked. Believe me, I have tried it all. Its so damn disheartening, since I am NOT an overeater. I literally have some kinda mechanism in my stomach that stops me from overeating at each meal. Example is when I DO visit a mcdonalds, wendys, etc, I usually cannot choke down more than a happy meal. I don't smoke, don't drink AT ALL, don't drink anything but water. So. Now that I have bored you all to tears with my issues, here are my questions:

1: The only diet I had moderate success with, years ago was Michael Thurmonds 6 week body makeover. I can see where this is a bit identical.
How brutal is the firsr 9 days? Meaning, cravings, headaches, weakness. Be honest now gals, who has experienced what and was it tolerable? Working out like I do, weakness from consuming barely anything is a concern.

2: Who is actually in phase 4 and beyond, keeping off the weight and living on the plan successfully?

3: Who here besides me hates to cook/does not have time to cook or prepare and does this diet not following recipes?

4: What was your weight loss per week, and have you experienced any slowness, plateaus or complete weightloss halts?

naturally, I can understand that not giving your body enuff calories messes with the metab and promotes slow or no weightloss, I am just wondering if this is the right plan for the long haul

Any responses would be greatly appreciated! I need to start losing weight like, yesterday. I'm a pissy non-loser.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

HI!

I started FS back in Sept. of last year. I did really good until the holidays. then I just lost all of my motivation. I lost 25 lbs from Sept. to Dec. I am back again to give it another shot.

Phase 1: I had horrible caffeine withdrawl headaches for the first 3 days. After that... I felt much better. Also, since there are lots of veggies and fruits.... gas is a problem. Drinking water (lots) is necessary to keep everything moving in the right direction. lol. For me... I found that cooking was essential. I hate to cook, too. lol. But, I have a hubby and a son... so I have to. What made it easier for me was to cook things up in advance and have them ready when it was time to eat. If I get hungry and have to wait... I am going to eat the wrong things. You will experience a slow down in your weight loss after phase 1. That is to be expected. I lost 6 lbs in phase 1.

Phase 2: I loved being able to add meat! lol. I continued to lose 1 to 2 lbs per week in this phase. Exercise has to be increased due to more calories consumed.

I never made it to phase 3. *sigh*

I start phase 1 again Thursday.

Good luck to you!

Sherry
Old 05-08-2007, 10:42 AM   #3  
*~HONEY BUN~*

S/C/G: 151/150/130

Height: 5'5

The first phase was so hard for me! I only lastsed six days! I am now starting over from phase one day one today. So I couldn't handle it. Maybe this time around I can handle it. But even though I cheated I lost 2 pounds. If that counts for anything. And I have almost no time to cook. I am 21 years old in the Navy so that's way more then 40 hours a week job. Then I have a 9 month old and my husband is getting ready to join the Navy so he'll be out the house for four months plus! So I know what you mean when you say you have no time to cook! But with phase one there is barley any cooking. My rice cooker is my best friend! So that's all the advice I can give you......if I even gave you any but good luck to you if you decide to do this plan. It sounds ot me like you will be bale to handle this plan. You already ahve good excerise and eating habits so I think you should give this diet a try
Old 05-10-2007, 07:30 AM   #4  
Making it happen

S/C/G: 160/130/128

Height: 5' 4"

First thing that comes to my mind is, have you seen your dr? Had your thyroid tested? With low calorie consumption and that much cardio, you should be dropping some lbs.

I started back in November (Hi Sherry!). I lost 24 lbs very rapidly on the plan but after the holidays lost my motivation and just couldn't stick with it. I gained back 14 lbs over the next three months and finally found a happy medium with an adopted version of the plan. Weekdays I stay on the diet and weekends I go off. At first I would gain back what I lost from the week by overeating on the weekend, but as time went by I began to slowly keep the weight off and now I have dropped 9 of the 14 lbs I had gained back and gained significant muscle in my legs.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:17 PM   #5  
NatKyle79

S/C/G: 222/222/125

Height: 5ft2in

Please Please Please Get Your Thyroid Checked!!!!! Go To The Dr And Have Them Run A Lipid Panel, T3, T4, Tsh, Cbc And Cmp... Then You Will Know Just How Healthy You Are, What Your Cholestorol And Trigylcerides Are (very Important). You Might Find The Problem Right There In Your Blood...