3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fat Smash Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet-211/)
-   -   FAT SMASHERS Weekly Support 2/5-2/11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fat-smash-diet/103933-fat-smashers-weekly-support-2-5-2-11-a.html)

shae8230 02-05-2007 05:13 AM

FAT SMASHERS Weekly Support 2/5-2/11

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...gatherhere.gif

Good Morning!

I had a great day yesterday. It is amazing how easy something can be when you set your mind to it. :)

Looks like I am the only one using the support thread now days. Oh well... I will just continue to post. Maybe someone will decide to join me. :)

I feel lighter already.. just after one day of FS. lol. I do feel like drinking water yesterday helped get rid of some fluid.

Dh and I started FS back in Sept. of 2006. He lost 56 lbs. and I lost 20. I have since gained (holidays) a few back.. But, I know that I lost before so I know I can lose again. FS really works.

I am looking forward to another day of SMASHING!

Have a great day!!

Sherry

P.S. LEM... Where are ya?

Looks like we lost a few since I stopped posting a few weeks ago.

Linda, Ladean, Judy and a few more... if you are out there lurking, join us! ;)

dawnj 02-05-2007 09:39 AM

My day yesterday wasn't so good, well, during the Super Bowl. But I know it's only one day and I'm back on track today.

shae8230 02-05-2007 09:45 AM

Hi Dawn~ I was glad to see the Colts win. I would have preferred to see the Patriots win. lol. But, this wasn't their year. It is good that you got yourself back on track. How long have you been fat smashing? I am on day 2 of phase one. AGAIN! lol. I actually started back in Sept of last year and lost weight. But, the holidays did me in. I don't see any problems in the future. I usually only PIGOUT at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hopefully I will have lost so much by the next round of holidays that I won't want to eat like that anymore.

Sherry

dawnj 02-05-2007 09:56 AM

Hi Sherry,
I actually just finished phase I last Thursday, but I kind of messed up. My husband has been an avid juicer for 2 years and in my dense mind, thinking I could have lots of fruits and veggies, started juicing around day 3 of phase I. I'm drinking 16-20 oz of fresh carrot/apple juice. Couldn't figure out why I stalled at 2 lb weight loss but came here, put out a sample menu and I was able to see that the juice is too much sugar. But I feel so good that I'm going to continue and try to adjust around it. I actually feel so much better without all the meat (hubby is mostly vegan so it's been a good thing for him) so don't even think I'll be adding meat back in, just using beans and tofu for my protein. I just went a bit crazy yesterday with the bread sticks and brownies! LOL I'm not a football fan but for some reason wanted the Colts to win so I was happy. And it was a very exciting game!!

juggernaut113 02-05-2007 10:56 AM

Enough

I finished phase 1 at the end of December and felt really good with the results, but didn't follow through and have gained it all back. I've just had enough with going back and forth with this 10-15 lbs. all the time. It's not easy for me to make a lifetime commitment to a healthy eating lifestyle. I tend to wait until I'm fed up with my weight, then fix it, and then regress back to eating unconsciously (whatever comes across my path). I have proven time and again my power to change, but failed consistently at maintaining success... and it is getting harder each and every time. If I am to acheive balance in this area of my life, I need to make a daily effort - every day for the rest of my life - to make healthy and conscious eating a top priority, even when it seems like I've got the situation under control and can afford to let loose and eat junk. The voice in my head is very good at coming up with reasons that I should fail at the lifestyle I truly want for myself - the big ones are "you look OK, it's not like you're THAT overweight," and "OK, just this time, and after that, no more cheating."

A much more inspiring thought for me is to make healthy, light eating a way of life for me today and for the rest of my life.

Today the possibility I am creating is the possibility of being light and healthy every day for the rest of my life. The way I will measure success is acheiving and maintaining a weight of 175 or less. This is a big and exciting possibility for me. The place I normally start to feel comfortable is 180, but I really feel awesome at 175, so why should I settle for less than what I truly want in this life? I think there are a lot of diets out there that work just fine as a way to get me down to 175, but this one is healthy and just as good so why not? I started Phase 1 this morning. I am enjoying being light and healthy already.

shae8230 02-05-2007 11:03 AM

Hi Juggernaut!

When I read your post... it felt like I was reading something I would write. I SOOOO understand about that little voice. I also tend to lose and then think it is okay to eat junk because I have lost a little bit. UGH!

You are going to lose. You have a great attitude. That is half the battle!!

Welcome to phase 1. I started it yesterday. AGAIN! lol.

Good luck to you. I have found that when I don't post on here daily.. I tend to cheat. It starts out small and then before you know it... I am eating enough to choke a horse!

Anyway.. Glad you are here.

Sherry

shae8230 02-05-2007 12:57 PM

Bump!

aspiringyp 02-05-2007 01:00 PM

you guys are all so motivating! I love this board. Super bowl sunday why is it so difficult and why do peple feel the need to bring cookies ....agh! oh well today is a new day and it seems to be going well....

Tinky009 02-05-2007 01:08 PM

Hi All,
I just started today, and feel a whole new sense of confidence in it. I'm just tired of being the cute chubby girl! LOL My wake up call was when my Dr. told me I was borderline High Blood Pressure, and might need to take medication everyday, which I DESPISE! I'm not even 30 yet! So I set out to make a difference. I knew I have to lose weight. I did do South Beach but it didn't last. I wasn't serious enough. I checked on the chart, it said that my ideal weight is 130, but I find that 150 works for me. I remember how I used to be at 150 and it looked pretty good. LOL I feel your pain Juggernaut, most of my friends are all, you look great, there is no way you weigh what you claim! It's pretty aggravating at times!
Well here's to Day 1 of Phase 1!!!

shae8230 02-05-2007 02:32 PM

Jessica~ Why does it feel like everyone is conspiring against you when you decide to start eating better?? lol.. I just make sure that I bring something that I can eat to get togethers. So I won't be as tempted to eat the cookies. ;) Glad your day is going well. Don't look back at yesterday. Focus on today. You can do it! :)

Tinky~ I tried SB, but I honestly couldn't stick to it. It seemed way to restrictive. I like the way FS is set up. I don't feel like I am missing anything. Well.. maybe cheese. lol. But, I don't have to stay away from it forever. I am facing some weight related health issues now. I so wish that I had gotten my weight under control when I was your age. Good for you for making the right step towards a healthy you! :)

Sherry

4DOXIEMOM 02-05-2007 02:56 PM

Brand New to FS

I just started FS today and am sitting here reading your posts eating my brown rice and black beans. :^: I am hoping to make this work for me, my sister went on it and loved it. I'm am really looking forward to getting my weight under control!!!

I'm glad there is a place where I can share my ups and downs!! :dizzy:

lem 02-05-2007 03:05 PM

Hi Sherry -

I am here!

Glad to have you back! YEAH! Are you staying warm? I am HATING this cold weather. It is miserable.

Everyone seems to have disappeared but I still use the weekly support thread so thanks for puting it up there today along with the weigh in.

I am struggling a bit, I tried to go to P2 after a 4lb loss from detoxing and I went overboard like I do each time I try to move to P2. So, i am back to P1 today and I think I will be fine. I am still holding out at 139 lbs and am happy with that but I really hope to see 135 (my goal) by the end of Feb. Surely I can do that?

I am still jazzercising, running & going to step aerobics twice a week so I am having no trouble working out.

I am getting married Fri so I have a hectic week coming up. No one know but you guys, my boyfriend, the priest and my boyfriends 2 best friends. I am glad to be able to tell someone :)

Glad to see so many new people around. Have a great week everyone! Lem

Tinky009 02-05-2007 04:00 PM

Sherry- Yeah the SB was restrictive especially the no fruit part in the beggining,and on top of that he was very selective on what fruit we consumed!
I figured I'm 25 so I gotta get on top of things. Especially if I want to have kids later in the future.

Lem- Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! I wish you nothing but happiness and lots of joy!!

Angihas2 02-05-2007 04:03 PM

Today was officially day 1. So far, so good. I'm using Fitday as I adjust everything to the right portions. I'm sitting at 770 calories today and I don't feel hungry. So, I'll sautee some tofu and veggies in a bit of olive oil to up the calories and fat grams, I'm only at 9% fat today and thats WAY to low. Hope everyones day is going well. So far the only thing I miss is coffee, but I took last week to wean myself from it, so hopefully, I'll avoid the bad headaches.

aspiringyp 02-05-2007 04:26 PM

Lem-Congrats on your wedding! How exciting! I hope you have a wonderful marriage full of joyous memories and happiness!