Old 01-19-2007, 10:40 AM   #1  

Default A Few Questions for the Veterans!

Good morning all! I have some questions regarding phase 1. I currently have a copy of the book reserved at the libary, but I want to begin the plan now. Some questions are as follows:
1. In addition to oatmeal (1cup cooked per day) and brown rice (2 cups cooked per day), can you switch these for quona ( a grain but I don't think I spelled it correctly)?
2. Can you use oat bran instead of oatmeal?
3. As an evening snack after dinner can one snack on some fruit since it is unlimited?
4. Phase 1 permits 4 egg whites per day. I like egg beaters, so would that equal 1cup of egg beaters per day?
5. Phase 1 permits 6oz of low fat yogurt 2x per day, can I switch one of those to fat free cottage cheese?
6. I like to cook kale with some low sodium chicken broth or vegie broth, then add some spices or curry paste to make a very low calorie sauce. Are these broths allowed?

Thank you so much for allowing me to pick your brains! Have a wonderful day!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/191/136

Height: 5'6

Cool

Im not a vetran by any means--on day 2-- but as for your broth question I used veggie stock in my lentil soup last night. I know that is allowed....sorry I couldn't anwser more....I would assume that egg beaters are fine, matter of fact I meant to pick them up at the grocery store yesterday and forgot!
Old 01-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

1.probably no quona. (sp?) stick to the carbs allowed
2. same as question 1
3. YES fruit would be a perfect evening snack
4. I had the same question about the egg beaters, anyone???
5. I would say no to the cottage cheese. you would actually be switching a dairy for a protein, You don't add ricotta cheese til much later and cottage cheese is much more like that than yogurt.
6. I think only Veggie Broth right now. there is no meat in phase one. also Broth is the liquid remaining after simmering meat, but Stock is actually simmered from the bones ........... (that one came straight from Alton Brown on Good Eats, just saw it the other day. thought that was interesting!)