Old 01-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Default Fat Smashers Weekly Support: 1/15-1/21

Good Morning Smashers!!!

I hope you all had a great weekend. I for one.. am sick of the rain!! The temps have been close to 70 all weekend. HELLO!! Isn't this JANUARY??? LOL!

Dh is thinking about changing jobs. Not a definite decision yet... but we are both tired of him working off all of the time. He took a personal day today to see what other jobs were hiring right now. I sure hope he gets something else soon. We miss him so bad when he is gone for weeks at a time.

I have been fighting a virus of some sort the last few days. So.. eating has not been so good. I just haven't felt like eating much of anything. I sure hope this "crud" goes away soon.

Well... looking back, this post seems so depressing!!! SORRY!! LOL!! I am just not in a very uplifting mood this morning. BUT... I do wish you all luck with your fat smashing today!!!

Talk to you later,
Sherry
Old 01-15-2007, 10:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

70's here too, sherry! I hope you get to feeling better soon. Good luck on your husband finding a new job.

The weekend went great! Very nice weather. I dropped 2 more pounds! My DH has decided to not try as hard on the diet. He ate some cheese and crackers yesterday. I don't think it will hurt him much though. He is still eating healthy and supporting me. I'm taking online courses through a comm. college nearby and they have a brand new gym that just opened last semester. It's free for all students so I'm going to start going on my lunch break. Have a good week everyone!!
Old 01-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #3  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Hello Sherry, Sorry been mia lately. Work has been the pits and other things .
So sorry you are fighting a virus. Ihope you start feeling better soon.lol
How is Joshua doing? I hope he want get the bug!! lol YOu and your dh will
be in my prayers. I know from my dd , it is realy hard for my sil to travel
But for not It is nessary.I hope you dd finds something sweetie.
Iam off today due to the fact that the boss closed the office , due to
icey weather here in Texas. lol I have missed you and all of you ladies.
Iam working phase 3 , doing good so far. I gained over the holidays
Not going to weigh in just once a month. Will post in feb. lol Take care
and hope to see you and all later.

to all the newbies. I see some new names here. Will try to read
all the post later. This is a awesome place to be. lol

Hugs To all LInda
w
Old 01-15-2007, 08:55 PM   #4  

HI Linda!

Good to see ya! Sorry about work being the pits. ): Joshua is doing great. I hope he doesn't get sick, too. DH decided to stay with the job he has for a while longer. We really do need the money now... so I guess I am okay with it. Hopefully it won't be past May or so. He hopes to be at a new job by the summer.

I can relate to gaining during the holidays. I am still not back to where I was before Christmas. I have good days and some not so good days. But, I am still plugging away. I am going back to detox in a few days. I need to stock up on phase one foods. But, I have to eat all of the phase 2 foods first. LOL. I don't do well with foods that I am not supposed to eat being in the house. At least I know my weaknesses. (:

Good luck on phase 3!

Shauna~ CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS!!! You are doing great! That is so good that you are gonna be able to go to a free gym!!! That is so awesome!! It is good that your dh is still supporting you. That is so important.

Talk to you all later,
Sherry
Old 01-16-2007, 09:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 151

Height: 5'4

first congrats on all that are doing so great!!!. I dont want to be the depressing post but I really need to vent. I gained two pounds. I have seriously only gone off program one night and just a couple of items. I am on day 9 of my phase one and have now only lost 2 pounds total. this is a common problem for me and losing weight. I have a very difficult time. it goes sooooo slow and the worse is gaining. If i would just stay the same it would be better. I am committed to not give up this time. I will continue on this journey and have to make a breakthrough. I even went to the drs. last year thinking I had a thyroid issue,/ Good news is I am perfectly healthy, bad news is i dont know why it is sooooo difficult. Ok so i have cried half the morning, but now i am done. Thank you all so much for letting me vent. I am off to go jogging. I will not quit, I will not quit, I will not quit.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 145/137/125

Height: 5"4

Default Just Keep on Going

Don't be discouraged. It will work....I am now on day 10, and too have cheated, but here is the catch when I cheated I made a promise to myself start again with the detox (so the day after cheating means day 1). Also, be sure to work out. I try to do Tae-bo five days a week (but I don't always get there, so sometimes I jog, walk, or play tennis).

Before the Fat Smashers I was jogging 6 miles in an hour each day, but was still only maintaining between 140-145, but now I am heading towards my goal. Oh yeah, and now one of my New Year's Resolutions is to only have water (no soda, juice, or flavored drinks), with the exception of an occasional cocktail.

So keep it going.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:09 AM   #7  

Shyia thanks for the support. I am still in phase one detox and also only drink water. I jog pretty slow, but I go for an hour 5 days a week. But here is my day As i said earlier i was off to go jogging when my new ipod just broke. ughhhhhhh. more tears. But i am only giving myself 15 mins to try and fix it and then i will still jog without music ughhhhhhh. When it rains it pours. Man I am feeling awful. But IWILLNOTQUITTHISTIME!Thanks again everyone. vent vent vent.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:54 AM   #8  

Madiwy~ I know how hard it is to admit that you have gained. I have had to do it a couple of times, too. BUT.... admitting it always helped me get back on track. I know you will get back on track, too. You are commited to not giving up!! That is a great attitude. You slipped... but you are not defeated. Good for you! I only lost 6 lbs on detox the first time. And I didn't cheat once. I was a bit disappointed because dh lost 11. But.. then I just started thinking that 6 lbs is better than none. I did detox again and lost only 3 lbs. With no cheating. I just lose slower. UGH! It is frustrating.

ANYWAY.... Keep on keeping on! We are here for you. And you can vent whenever you need to. We are all in this together!

Sherry
Old 01-17-2007, 03:11 PM   #9  

Hey all thanks again for all the support. Well my day yesterday got somewhat better. I ended up jogging for 60min without any music. It was dreadful, but i did it. Yea!!! Today has been sooo much better. My husband fixed my ipod and put in new songs for me. I jogged today for 60min and have decided to continue on with phase 1 for awhile. All you guys are sooo great. I have been checking out other parts of this forum and some are really great like you all and some are just down right angry. glad I found you all. Thanks again
Old 01-17-2007, 03:18 PM   #10  

Madiwy~ glad your day got better.

Dh left yesterday to go to work in Ohio for 10 days. He will be working like that until April. Guess I am getting used to it. It is nice to be able to pay our bills and still have a little left over.

I am doing good today. I have drank a butt load of water, exercised and stayed on track with my meals. Yeah.. Some days it is hard to get it all to come together. But... no problems today.

I hope you all have a great afternoon!
Sherry
Old 01-17-2007, 03:31 PM   #11  

That's great, madiwy! Keep up the good work! Glad you are doing well, sherry!

I was going to go to the gym today but I left my ID card, so I went walking instead...it was coooooold!, but I made it and did a little bit of jogging myself, just to warm me up...I thought I was gonna die..LOL. I'm definately going to keep on truckin' and getting this weight off. I'm supposed to start Phase II today, but looks like I'm going to have to wait until Friday (payday) to buy some meats.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #12  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone,

I know I have been missing for a few days but work has been busy, the gym has kicked my butt and my food choices have been out of control! I have eaten cookies, cheese & crackers and about everything in site. I am not sure what is wrong with me. I think the stress of work and some stress at home has me out of whack. I am seriously detoxing for the next 9 days. It is so weird that each time I try P2, I am ok for a few days and then I go nuts. I have some important events coming up in Feb and I really would like to get 5 more lbs off by then. Hopefully I can. The good news is that I am now up to 30 minutes of running and I am still alive. I hope to be at an hour within the next few weeks.

Madiwy - glad you are feeling beeter. Feel free to vent here anytime. I had a crying melt down last week and the first thing I did was come here to let it all out

Hi Sherry - I am really missing those warm days now, aren't you? I would take the rain over the cold anyday.

I hope everyone is having a super week. I am dreading weigh in this week but I WILL get on track tomorrow and I WILL stay on track!!! Good luck everyone! Lem
Old 01-18-2007, 08:28 AM   #13  
Making it happen

S/C/G: 160/130/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone. I have been down for the count with pneumonia but have been lurking to see how everyone has been. Welcome to the newbies and it's great to hear everyone else is doing well. I am totally off plan right now.

I developed pneumonia for the first time last winter so I never expected a cold to turn into it again, I was wrong. I knew I just wasn't feeling like myself and my cough never went away. I have been bummed out because all through the fat smash I felt so healthy and the fact that I am really sick again got to me.
I am starting to feel better and with some relatives helping me with the children, I am hoping that resting this week will get me some strength and energy by next week. I have gained back another pound but it feels like ten pounds. I feel flabby and my legs are not as firm as they were three weeks ago. Might be in my head, but bottom line I feel fat again and the confidence I had about my body three weeks ago is no longer. Alright. I am done venting.

Hope to rejoin everyone soon!
Sarah
Old 01-18-2007, 10:01 AM   #14  

Sorry you've been down, Sarah. You will be up on your feet in no time!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:38 PM   #15  

hey Lem, great job on the 30 min.
Sarah sorry about being sick. It is so hard to stay on track when you feel lousy. Hope you are feeling better.