Old 03-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 196/190/130

Height: 5'6"

Default Stay at Home Mom who Needs Support

Hi everyone,

I am a new user and was wondering if it would be ok for me to join in on your discussions.

I am a 32-year-old mom of a two year old little boy. I have been having a hard time controlling my hunger since staying home with my son. I do fine as long as I keep myself busy, but the minute I sit down I find myself eating things I don't even like. I would really like to get down to 125 lbs. from my current 190 lbs. Does anyone out there feel embarassed to go out in public because of their weight? I feel so uncomfortable in my own skin.

Thanks for listening...
Tkimberlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:10 AM   #47  

Hi everyone,

I'd like to join your group too. I am a stay at home mom and I homeschool. I'm looking for some support to help me gain the confidence that I CAN lose this weight. Higherfaith, I'm really impressed at your weight loss. I hope you share with us a bit more on the details of your weight loss journey. I haven't signed in in months so if you have maybe you can post the thread?

*sigh* I think I can... I think I can... I think I can....
:-)
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:43 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 159/159/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Let's get this thread going again!

Good Morning,

Of course I should be sleeping right now, but I am new to this forum and am very excited about meeting you guys.

For the past 2 weeks I have been saying "This is the day I start paying attention to my eating" and that same day, find myself saying "I'll start tomorrow." Well, this time I really mean it I just need to know that there are others praying for me and holding me accountable.

As a mother of 5 I am the same way with my eating. When I'm busy I sometimes don't have time to eat. But as soon as I get home, start the homework and fixing dinner, I eat, eat, eat. Little bits, but it all adds up.
I don't like to deny myself anything and of course I always really feel "hungry"!

Anyway, I should stop for now and go to bed. I do have church in the morning. Have a Happy Sunday!
sports mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 161/161/125

Height: 5' 1"

Smile newbie here

Hi,

I did a post reply, I hope it goes through correctly. I am a 36-year-old Christian SAHM. I homeschool my 4th grade DD and have a 2 1/2 year-old son. I have an 8th grade son at the local Christian school and a married DD who is expecting my first grandchild/son in August whom I will get to babysit a little each day while she and hubby finish college. I have tried different diets and working out at Curves and have not kept off any of the few lost pounds for more than a week or so. What diets are people using? I was looking at an ad for a place called Metabolic Research Center in Shreveport (I am not there, but in the north part of Louisiana). I do believe that over eating is a sin like anything that we do that is not part of God's desire for us, but I have to say I am not doing very well at licking it. I know that God loves me no matter what weight I am, but I know that His plan for my body is better than the way I am taking care of it. I would have more energy, be happier with my appearance, and live a more health-filled life if I was not carrying 35 extra pounds.

Please take a moment and say hello.

In His love and mercy,

Marie
MarieM4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:26 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 159/159/130

Height: 5'7"

I have just started reading The Weigh Down Diet. I believe that God wants us to be healthy too! I am hoping that by putting my focus on Him and not on the food, I can make some lifestyle changes.

We all know it's not easy. I will be praying for you.

God bless!
sports mom is offline   Reply With Quote