Smile

Rachel...
Check your PM too

*Smiles*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 07-13-2005, 08:36 AM   #124  

Default Hi there

I got a minute well waiting on the dryer with last minute packing, so popped in again, Sunny so glad you are doing good, and that you got to spend some quality time with Joe. Thanks! For praying for me- I am a little nervous about going to China, and all. But it will be worth it. E.Z.- so glad Washington is working out for you, it will be so hard being away from yuour kids, like Sunny I knew you would have a hard time being that far from them. They are fortuinate to have such a good dad, God blessed me with one too! For which I will always be thankfull. Well gotta run! Prayers Please! Thanks ! God Bless- see ya all in Aug.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:21 AM   #125  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Yeah! Sunny's back! Thank you dear for the cute siggy. I LOVE IT!!! And i see we are all getting quite spoiled by our dear Sunny. Way cool.

I got up early and walked again this a.m. And i didn't have a panic attack doing it.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:50 AM   #126  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning CEr's!

Sue... you put your mind at rest now, God will take good care of you my friend and my prayers for your safety will not cease! (((Sue)))

Michele, you tickle me with how excited you get over these sigs I love to bring happiness into the lives of others... she looks good on you in your walk today!!!!

*Enjoy*

*Smiles*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 07-13-2005, 06:14 PM   #127  

Default I'm back ! !

It has been some time since I have posted - have not been feeling to well at all and just have not spent much time on the computer - and then with homeschooling my special needs daughter, the stress and concern about my son, IBS flare ups, acid reflux flare ups and just generally sick (worried that with all this stress the cancer will become active again) but think I am on the way out of all of this mess.

Had a scare at the beginning of June - I feel out of bed if you can imagine and had to go to the emergency - was concerned I might have broke a rib. But x-rays showed a very badly bruised ches (corner of night table caught me just underneath the breast causing a HUGE bruise and the worst pain I had every felt) But they said no broken ribs - but when the emergency doctor looked at the x-ray - with his back to hubby and me he said - 'oh my gosh do you ever have an enlarged heart' -- we paniced! ! He then turned to us and in a calmer voice said 'no broken ribs but should should be concerned about your heart - you are terribly overweight and are killing yourself - but I am not your regular doctor so I shouldn't talk or lecture you about this' and he left.

We went home and I immediately changed my eating patterns and started walking again even though I was hurting from the fall and still feeling rather sick. This all happened over a weekend - and at the beginning of the week I went in to see my regular doctor (a wonder Christian man) and I broke down and told him how scared I was because of what the x-ray said. He brought up my file, re read it and turned to me and said 'Do not believe what the doctor at the emergency told you - he was not the doctor that reads the x-rays and he did not get a full accurate picture of it. Your heart is not enlarged and there is no damage to it at all - but of course damage could happen if you stay on the course you have been on - but it is not enlarged at all at this time. The doctor that reads the x-rays takes into account how a person is standing when the x-ray is taken - whether they might be stopped over somewhat, whether they are overweight - and a lot of other considerations - the report from the x-ray doctor said that my heart was in normal range.' He then turned to me and again said 'Please do not worry and frest about this - there is no damage as of today'.

I felt so much better but turned to him and said 'Well I guess this is the wake up call I have gotten from the Lord because I had asked for help' - so since then with the help of this doctor I have been making changes in my life style.

I must say it has not been easy - June went fairly well for the weight. I lost 8 pounds in June - best ever in a long time - but have slowed down some for July - have only lost 1 more pound - so from begining of June I have lost 8.9 pounds - but I am going in the right direction - was praying that I would have another loss of min. 4 pounds in July - and this still could happen as it is only the middle of the month. I have been keeping a record of all that I eat and have noticed that even with all the changes I have made that the last week or so I have been a bit slack - ok in the food department but on the portion size it has gone up a bit again - so am back on track as of today re portion size so end of July should see a further reduction - am looking to have a total of 12 pounds lost by the end of July - but it this doesn't happen I will just continue working away at it till it does.

Now to go back and read all the posts I have missed -

Marilyn
Old 07-13-2005, 06:17 PM   #128  

Default Very funny story

Just received this funny story from a wonderful Christian lady who is in her 60's and is working on regaining her health by losing weight - I could relate to the story and laughed so much when I read it - especially the ending - now no peeking for the end until you have read the entire story - I shared this story with my hubby and I thought he was never going to stop laughing.

So here goes - read and enjoy

I got this in my email today and just thought I might share it.

This is a heads-up to those friends who haven't experienced it yet,
and an explanation to those friends and family who have. Most of you
have read the scare-mail about the person whose kidneys were stolen
while he was passed out. Well, read on. While the kidney story was
an urban legend, this one is not. It's happening every day.

My thighs were stolen from me during the night a few years ago. It
was just that quick. I went to sleep in my body and woke up with
someone else's thighs. The new ones had the texture of cooked
oatmeal. Who would have done such a cruel thing to legs that had
been mine for years? Whose thighs were these and what happened to
mine? I spent the entire summer looking for my thighs. Finally, hurt
and angry, I resigned myself to living out my life in jeans and
Sheer Energy pantyhose.

Then, just when my guard was down, the thieves struck again. My butt
was next. I knew it was the same gang, because they took pains to
match my new rear end (although badly attached at least three inches
lower than my original) to the thighs they stuck me with earlier.
Now, my rear complemented my legs, lump for lump. Frantic, I prayed
that long skirts would stay in fashion.

It was two years ago when I realized my arms had been switched. One
morning I was fixing my hair and I watched horrified but fascinated
as the flesh of my upper arms swung to and fro with the motion of
the hairbrush. This was really getting scary. My body was being
replaced one section at a time.

How clever and fiendish.

Age? Age had nothing to do with it. Age is supposed to creep up,
unnoticed, something like maturity. NO, I was being attacked
repeatedly and without warning. In despair, I gave up my T-shirts.
What could they do to me next? My poor neck disappeared more quickly
than the Thanksgiving turkey it now resembled.

That's why I decided to tell my story. I can't take on the medical
profession by myself. Women of the world, wake up and smell the
coffee.

That really isn't plastic that those surgeons are using. You KNOW
where they are getting those replacement parts, don't you?

The next time you suspect someone has had a face "lifted", look
again. Was it lifted from you?

I think I finally found my thighs .. and I hope that Cindy
Crawford paid a really good price for them!

This is not a hoax. This is happening to women in every town every
night.

WARN YOUR FRIENDS.

P.S. I must say that last year I thought someone had stolen my
breasts. I was lying in bed and they were gone! As I jumped out of
bed I was relieved to see that they had just been hiding in my
armpits as I slept. Now I keep them hidden in my waistband.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:05 PM   #129  
Quit counting at 45!

Sunny: Thank you so much for the siggy. I love them both. One is such a peaceful scene and the one I picked to use right now is adorable. I got a real kick out of it. Thanks again.

Sprout: So good to hear from you again. I'm sorry that you're struggling health wise. We're here praying for you.

Michele: WTG on the walking. The more you do it the more you'll love it.

doitforme: Have an awesome time. We'll miss you and look forward to hearing how your time was.

Have a great evening!
Old 07-14-2005, 01:14 AM   #130  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Wednesday

HI GALS

I hope all is well with everyone tonight. We just got home from bowling with the high school youth for teen night with the new church..Angie and Ron bowled, I love to bowl but with my shoulder tear I thought better of it tonight.

MY KIDS JUST CALLED....FREE MINUTES!!! after 9 of course. We finally got a phone so the cell phone won't be too bad for the 4 of us...last month it was the only phone service we had so the cell bill was a little over $100...usually it runs us $83 a month..for us though California~Washington is not roaming.

SUE ALL MY PRAYERS FOR YOUR TRIP!!! You have a great time...give that baby a kiss from his Uncle Gary too

GRAPHIC GODDESS Thanks so much for the PM...I really missed everyone too! I should be able to get on the computer more because we fianlly got our high speed cable service today. THEY HAVE HAD TROUBLE WITH THE OUTSIDE LINE THEY PUT INTO MY HOME BUT ALL IS WELL NOW. I am so glad you and Joe are having a busy summer...there are those times when you just wonder when will I ever get a break...I remember with the kids and their sports...going weeks at a time without catching my breath...but we always do don't we. Gotta keep moving.

Well I need to let the nephew on so he can chat with his new friends up here..

I will try to catch up a little each day!!

Have a great Thursday.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:41 PM   #131  

Smile

Hi!

I see that my ROMPER ROOM MIRROR worked!!!!

It's GREAT to see you again Sprout and I enjoyed the read I look forward to seeing you posted your Dailies again... you will won't you? I have missed you very much! Although, I am sorry to hear of all tough times that you have been enduring... all I can offer you is my *prayer* and a little tid-bit that I hold onto when times get rough ---> Gold becomes pure though fire... after you endure your fire, you too will see that you are closer to God and as pure as Gold... (((Marilyn)))

in your 8.9lbs lost!!! That's awesome girl!!! I haven't budged... grrrrr.... but I keep trying...

Hi Wilma, I was so tickled to see you wearing your siggy today --- she looks really cute on you! I knew you'd love her - she's in RED!

Gary, I am so glad you got your DSL back... looking forward to hearing from you and Angie again We all would sure would LOVE to see some pictures of your new home when you get a moment

I am so happy for you that your kids called & that they are well --- you sounded thrilled

*~*~*

I think I will begin a NEW THREAD as this one has gotten guite long...
See you on the new thread!!!

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 07-14-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:45 PM   #132  

Exclamation Stop!!!

STOP POSTING HERE!!

I HAVE BEGUN A NEW THREAD...
*CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS #206*

CLICK on LINK BELOW:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...595#post900595

SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!!