Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 01:33 PM   #1  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up Praise Report

I don't think I've posted in here yet, so first of all I have to say Hi Folks! I just have a quick praise report for you guys that hopefully someone will find inspirational:

The last few weeks my weight and health has really been on my mind, I just couldn't get up off my rear and get going. I've been praying and praying and praying for some strength and encouragement in this area. Well, yesterday my pastor even mentioned getting fit in the sermon, and it was really motivational. He talked about how after the 40 years of wandering Joshua only had 3 days to get everybody ready before the thing that they had all been waiting for would finally come to pass...then he outlined how WE are a Joshua generation and we have got to get ready because the things God has prepared for us are just around the corner--we need to be ready mentally, spiritually, and physically. He also mentioned a little about gluttony and threw out some facts regarding the health risks of sodas, cigarettes, etc. and how God could deliver us from all these things that we're unable to put down...it really struck a chord for me and when I went up for the alter call he was going around laying hands on different people and when he got to me something just clicked. I even almost fell out, which is something I've never done before--really interesting! When I went home and had lunch, I actually got full on the serving size for the first time in...well, I can't even remember! I normally stuff myself until I'm miserable if I'm not on a really strict diet, but this time I didn't! I have been praying about this for quite some time now, and PRAISE GOD I have received my miracle! It is all falling into place now that I've put it in the hands of God--hallelujah! Sorry, I'm rambling and it probably sounds silly to you all, but this has REALLY been a struggle for me--I'm just so excited and so full of praise I can't hold it in!

Anyway, good luck to all who are trying to get moving and get fit--with God's help, we can ALL find the will to get healthy and be leaders of this Joshua generation! He has something wonderful prepared for all of us, and if your weight is what has been holding you back, He will help you tear down that wall if you will just let Him!

I just want to shout it from the rooftops--PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD!!
Old 06-13-2005, 11:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Talking

Wow Christy! That is an awesome praise report!
I can relate to all you said, and I also beleive that God has amazing, unbelievable things coming for this generation...Iam seeing really cool stuff in my home church...people are getting ready!!
Congrats on your 'revelation'... hope things go well for you in all aspects of your life-mind body spirit
Karla
Old 07-07-2005, 03:10 PM   #3  

Wink

God is wonderful! I too want to be ready I just went through the Bible study pathway to purpose and I feel that getting this weight off needs to be my purpose right now. I appreciate your comments and need accountability and support! all
Old 07-07-2005, 04:32 PM   #4  
Going all the way!!!

Default Hi luflic!

Yes, God is VERY good! If you want a buddy, feel free to email me (my email address is in my public profile)! So, what are your goals and what is your plan? All things are possible through Him...I know you can do it!!
Old 07-08-2005, 01:52 PM   #5  

I would love a buddy I am new to this and not sure how to use anything glad I found it here again so right now can we stay here I don't know how to get to personal profiles. I am trying to figure out how to get the weight scale on. So far I have lost 11 pounds and need to loose another 115 ouch can't believe I even typed that in. That is a first! No one knows that well I am sure they do by looking at me they just haven't heard me vocalize it.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:19 PM   #6  
Going all the way!!!

Sure, we can stay here! As for the ticker--if you click "User CP" in the top left corner and go to "edit signature" it will walk you through the steps of how to create one and paste it into your signature. I've lost 10.5 lbs now and have another 69.5 to go for my goal...it seems so far, but I know I can do it!! And that 115 will be gone before you know it!

So, what kind of eating/exercise plan do you want to do? I'm just doing it the old fashioned way--counting calories and trying to get my rear moving. I'm only 5ft. 2in., currently in size 16 but they're getting loose (!), and my goal weight is 125...how 'bout you? Friday is my weigh-in day now (joined a 10 lbs in a month contest so had to conform...LOL), and I'm trying to get a minimum of 30 min exercise per day. I have a deficit right now though, so I have to get in like 2 hrs of exercise tonight!

Anyway, I'll talk to you later! In case I'm not able to get back on 'til Monday, have a blessed weekend!
Old 07-09-2005, 02:40 PM   #7  

Talking

Thanks for all the helpful info I will post this and then try your advice. I have joined WW never wanted to before I was to cheap and thought hey I know what to do it is just a matter of doing it...... But so far paying the fee is holding me accountable and this is what I need. I want my body to glorify the Lord! I am 5'4'' I too am exercising I have been working at this for a long time the exercise part is easier for me than giving up the food. I have this week increased my exercise I am riding a stationary bike for 30 min. daily and on the treadmill for thirty daily doing this six days not on Sunday. My WW meeting is Monday morning which I didn't like being after the week end but so far it is helping me to stay on program through out the week end.
You have a blessed week end and hopefully I will talk to you on Monday and I will be able to report a loss! We can do this through Christ who strengthens us!
Old 07-09-2005, 02:53 PM   #8  

sending this to see if my signature is working
Old 07-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #9  
Going all the way!!!

Sounds like a great plan! I'll be praying for your loss today!

I'm right the opposite of you...I can control the eating fine, it's just finding the time for exercise.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:46 PM   #10  

I lost 2.5 today Yippee Skippee but i can't figure out how to change my signature help Christy. How did you do? Was the week end hard for you?
Thanks for the prayers I will take all I can get. I really want to be here for the long haul!
Old 07-11-2005, 02:09 PM   #11  
Going all the way!!!

If you go back into your User CP and "edit signature" you'll see that your signature ticker is displayed as a code...there will be consecutive numbers in there: your starting weight, current weight, and goal weight (not necessarily in that order--and in your case, that's lbs lost rather than weight). Just change the current weight/lbs lost number and hit "save signature" and you should be good to go.

This weekend was pretty crappy for me...on Sat. I ate dinner at Wendy's and had the friend chicken sandwich and fries instead of the grilled chicken and baked potato. I thought "today will be my cheat day this week," so I wasn't upset about it at that point, but then last night my hubby comes home with Pizza Hut--a ton of it, which I knew would go to waste--so I had some. So, both days of my weekend were bad food days. On top of that, I am getting sick now so I know I'm not going to feel like working out for a day or two...in fact, I feel like I could just pass out right now and all I can think about is all the house cleaning I need to do and the fact that I'll have to try to get get the house cleaned and the laundry done tonight while dealing with a 1-yr-old all by myself since hubby will be working late AGAIN...sheesh.

Anyway, enough ranting ...how was your weekend? Congrats on the loss--that is AWESOME!
Old 07-11-2005, 02:57 PM   #12  

Sorry for your week end. You sound tired which with a one year old you should be. I remember those days from long ago when hubby was either out of town or putting in long hours very tough on a new mom. Don't turn to food today that was one of my favorite comforts and look at the mess I am in.

When your baby naps you nap so you will be rested and ready to do fun things like leg lifts hee hee

I can't believe it but this week end I was very good food wise pray God keeps control.
I went to cp at top and can't make it work so oh well thanks for trying I am so computer unsavy......

Christy we can do this this time! Baby steps. Move a little more each day don't beat yourself up and know God loves us!!!!
Old 07-11-2005, 03:58 PM   #13  

hope this worked
Old 07-11-2005, 04:51 PM   #14  
Going all the way!!!

WOO HOO--you did it!!
Old 07-12-2005, 01:14 PM   #15  

Hey girl I noticed your birthday is one day after my hubbys! How you doing today? I went and got my mammogram today and how does that make you feel even fatter. Are you getting any of the flooding? Hope you are fine.
Closed Thread