3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Thank God Daily (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/56041-thank-god-daily.html)

insekur 04-07-2005 03:46 PM

Thank God Daily

Hi everyone, i have a testimony. Last week i was struck with anxiety and panic attacks, also got hit with a nasty bout of the stomach flu. I don't think my life will ever be the same. As i was anxious and panicky all i could do was cry and walk around like a lost soul, then i got on my knees and prayed like I haven't prayed in years and years. When I did i asked Jesus to come back into my heart and give me the peace and serenity that I need in my life and to help me to follow him. I was scared and called everyone i know to pray for me, well those who are faith based. I wandered into churches seeking pastors to put there hands on me and listened intently to christian music and preachings. During this time I had to go to the hospital for dehydration and some blood work, this is when i found out i had a stomach virus. I prayed and prayed and prayed, i called my mom and dad and cried and cried and cried. I knew i couldn't make it alone. As I resumed health, problems in my relationship started to occur because my boyfriend didn't understand all the changes i was trying to bring into our home. We have been together almost three years and were on the verge of breaking up, but instead we got engaged. It will be a long engagement and we will seek premarital counseling thru church, but i really believe he is the one. I'm looking for other believers who can encourage and pray for us, and those who need encouragement and prayer. Thru this I have seen changes in my attitude with weightloss, just one week ago i was obsessed with the perfect body, i body i knew i'd never have but wanted desperately, i polluted my body with diet pills and fad diets never taking into consideration that all i have to do is nourish myself. I think i can finally see food as that, nourishment, and not the enemy.

TXGirly 04-10-2005 11:03 PM

The Lord is so amazing! We all struggle with so many things but when we can see past them to what really matters suddenly our problems start getting smaller and fading away. I think it is great that you got on your knees and prayed. Our Lord is an awesome King! I personally have changed so much since I gave my life to him. I react different than I used to. I think about things differently than I used to. I still have struggles but when I really look at him and what is important my problems fade. I will pray for you and for your boyfriend. I just encourage you to seek the Lord's will in every decision and area in your life. Read God's word daily and pray that he reveal his plans for your life to you. May God continue to bless you! May the glory be his forever!

lateralus98 04-14-2005 07:53 AM

He certainly does amazing things.

Jackay 04-14-2005 07:56 AM

Amen!

Michelle1210 04-20-2005 06:45 PM

your brokeness is precious before the lord. He does not despise such an offering.....He is quick and mighty to hear our call......what a beautiful testomony
Michelle

Psa 34:18 The LORD [is] nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.