Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 09:52 PM   #1  

Post Newbie introduction

Hi Everyone,
I just joined 3fatchicks tonight and would like to introduce myself and hopefully meet some nice Christian people in here that need to lose weight and love our Lord.

I'm going to be 60 years old tomorrow. I can't believe that, but that's what the calendar says. I sure don't feel like it! My hubby and I retired 2 1/2 years ago and moved to the Tampa area from northwest Illinois. We love the warm, sunny weather and have been enjoying our life here. We've joined a great church and made so many new friends. Enjoyed everything toooooo much in fact! I had lost over 80 pounds just before moving down here. We took 1 month of traveling and visiting family and friends before coming down here. Then, our house wasn't finished so we lived with very dear friends in a condo on the beach in Siesta Key, FL. I know...it was a tough life, but someone had to do it! Well, let's just say the weight began creeping on and then more walking on, and finally just raced on it seems. I now need to loose over 40 pounds to get me back to my goal weight of 170. I'm 5'7", large boned and weigh 209. I went to a Weight Loss Doctor March 31st weighing in at 213. I had lost 4 or 5 pounds before going to her. She started me on a 1200 calorie diet and gave me Phenterine Diet pills. I am down to 209 now but seems to me the weight is coming off slowly for what I'm eating. I've also been walking on the treadmill about 3 times a week for 30 minutes.

That's about all there is to say. Hope to encourage and be encouraged. Thanks for reading!
Old 04-09-2005, 01:51 PM   #2  

Default Hello from a newbie to a newbie :)

Hello ! I am another newbie, I have joined 3fc a few weeks ago, but dont get a lot of time to post, unfortunately I would love the support of fellow Christian people, because I know the Lord has helped me get started again, and I sure couldn't do it without Him !

I have recently started back, last month have lost about 13 lbs, weight in tomorrow so PLEASE pray for me! LOL! I lost about 70 lbs back a couple of years ago, and it all just creeps back up so easy! So I understand where you're coming from ! My athritis and diabetes came back again, and that old sick and tired feeling came back along with them, so I am determined, this time with the Lord's help, I KNOW I CAN DO IT!!

How are the diet pills coming?? I have seriously thought about trying to get a prescription for those same pills. My regular doc is a nurse practioner, but is WONDERFUL. But not when it comes to weight issues, he wouldn't give them to me, but I know I can find a doc that would. I just dont like to be that low, I feel like I'm 'cheating' on him! LOL

Hope to see you around again, it sounds like you know what you're doing, I know together, and especially with the Lord, we can get rid of this fat once and for all, because I promised the Lord, if he would help me, I would KEEP it off!

God Bless you !! I wish I could be with you in sunny Florida !!!! I usually get down to Florida every year, but I probably wont make it this year, but thats okay, I live in Ky, and sometimes the trip just wears me out too much anyway! Hope you are having a great week!!

Kimmie
Old 04-10-2005, 07:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

Default Good morning!

Good morning! I'm in SE GA...and in between the rain, we are enjoying the warm spring-like weather.

Isn't it amazing how the weight creeps back on so much easier than it falls off?

I've been a luke warm member here for quite some time. I'm afraid my weight loss efforts have been just as luke warm But, I'm back on track...slow and steady wins the race, or so they say.

I have a friend that I get up with at 5:30 am most mornings and walk for about 30 min. On weekends, we kick it up a notch to an hr or an hr and a half. (I am a mother of two young kids, so at the buttcrack of dawn is the only time I have time to myself--but I feel blessed and wouldn't have it any other way)

Good luck ladies in your weight loss goals. Just by walking, I've seen a difference in my stomach and how my clothes fit. I step on the scale the other day and I think I've lost 3 lbs. (I say 'think' because my scales isn't the most accurate of machines... )

Have a terrific Sunday Morning~

GBU
Old 04-12-2005, 10:41 AM   #4  

Hi Kim and Frugal,
Thanks for the nice posts. I appreciate the response. The weight sure does creep on fast, lots faster than it comes off for sure. I guess God is teaching us lessons that we all need to learn. Guess I'm a very slow learner!

The pills are working great. I've lost another 2 pounds since last Thursday without going hungry. I do get hungry and when I eat it takes about half of what I used to eat to satisfy me. I guess the most important help it has given me is I don't need to snack during the evenings at all. Hubby fixes 94% Fat Free Popcorn, which I could have and a cup or so fills me up and satisfies me. I believe God led me to this doctor to give me help. I have such a big appetite and this is really helping me. You can buy them online without a prescription. Go to phentermine.com and check it out. My doctor says they have been on the market for many years with no problems at all.

God is Good...All the Time!!

Saturday was my 60th birthday. Really wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Don't feel any older anyway....YET! lol People say I don't look it and I choose to believe them! lolol

I need to go and get some things done here. Nice to meet you both and let's keep in touch. "In Christ, I can do all things". Let's make that our verse to repeat when it gets tough.

Bye for now,
Old 04-12-2005, 07:45 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI LADIES...feel free to join us at Christian Encouragers!
Closed Thread