Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 09:38 AM   #31  

Default Hi there!

I did have a great time with the kids, we have another practice scheduled after church on Sunday. Love the pics of your babies Sunny- they look quite content. We have two cats at work. Taz- a long haired grey/White's favorite place is on top of the clean laundry, in the laundry room. Prayers for healing still coming your way. Sun is shinning beautiful today but open the door and b-u-r-r-rr-r-r. It is in the 20's. Gotta work today! off the weekend. Have a great day everyone. Gotta go brave the cold!
Old 03-10-2005, 12:27 PM   #32  
Walking Off The Pounds

Talking Back Again!

Hello friends. I am really feeling at home with each of you. The lines of communication are going so smoothly I feel like I'm talking with my neighbors.

SUNNYD Needed a bright color for you to help you with the dreary day. We just don't realize the blessing we have with just good health! My mom has IBS and my dad also suffers from diverticulitis, so much the same suffering. If you have to have surgery, I suggest you get in there and get it over with as soon as your health allows. That way you won't be dreading it and putting it off. Summer is around the corner and you want to be on amends by then. I'll also give you a big AMEN, we are ALL God's people and each special, not only to Him but should be to each other. I hadn't seen anything on the 'Maker's Diet' but will check out the website and see if I can get the book at the library, looks legit.

I do know where Geauga County is, was there last year with my daughter's 6th grade safety patrol to the lake, then to Hard Rock Cafe in Cleveland and to the Zoo, then down to Canton (President McKinley's memorial is awesome, lots of history stuff), suppose to go to Longerberger but ran out of time. Did go by an ice cream factory (Velvet), needless to say that was a big hit with everyone.

I'm in the very southern point of Ohio, Lawrence County, where Kentucky and West Virginia meet with us, but sounds like our weather is just about the same. We've had a lot of wind (which I hate) but temps have been in the low/mid 30's. Our normal this time of year is usually low 50's. I have noticed my spring bulbs coming up, crocus' blooming and my forsythia is about ready to burst, all we need is a good warm day or two. Can't believe WILMA still has 2 feet of snow! We had, maybe 4 inches accumulation total this year, not much, only one snow day from school thus far.

MITCHYPOO unfortunately don't have an LA Weightloss around here so guess I'm outta luck on that one for now. Get that snow out of Minnesota too, I'm bringing my daughter and two girlfriends to the Mall of America over spring break and don't want to run into any blizzards. Have you been to MOA? Is it huge? Nice? I try to do something with my daughter, Sara, every spring break for the past 3 or 4 years, so this year we're hitting the Mall - weather permitting of course! :sball2:

MNEWTON My Gazelle doesn't have the resistance straps, or whatever you call them, it's a little older model than that. Any other ideas, maybe stay on longer? Anyone had any success with the Gazelle that you know of. I like it because it's low impact and basically noiseless, so I can 'ride' while we're watching TV and the neighbors aren't hearing our show also.

doitforme I'm thinking of trying some time on the Gazelle with my coffee??? Sounds like you keep quite busy with the youth group. I wish our church was more successful in that endeavor, unfortunately we got a new preacher a year ago and he likes 'change' which isn't a good word in church. A lot of the older members have left and so have most of the youth, - don't know what the solution is at this point, - just have to leave it up to Him, He knows where we're going with all this and I'm sure will make it clear in His time. The up side of the new pastor is his wife, she is very music-oriented, (as am I) and has started a handbell choir and an ensemble, both of which I'm part of, and are a real blessing, not only to the participants but those in attendance as well, well - - at least I hope the ensemble will be, our first 'test' is Easter Sunday, we have two songs ready so we'll see. . . .

SPROUT Just wanted to know how you log all those walking miles? Are you with a group, or mall walkers, or regular at the Y? That's a lot and I'm impressed! I think if I make it a couple laps around the park (2.5 mi total) that I've done something but I do pale in comparison to you

"O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; because his mercy endureth for ever. " -love the Psalms, so full of praise-

Have a wonderful day
Margie
Old 03-10-2005, 01:08 PM   #33  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi Margie, what a nice long post from you. Yes, i've been to the MOA, many times. It is huge, it's wonderful, it's fun! I've been to many first dates there. You can find a good place to eat, go to the movies, there's lots to do there. Let me know if you can spare a half hour and we could meet for a cup of coffee! It'd be great to actually meet someone from our thread. We've talked of a few of us in the midwest meeting in Chicago sometime but not sure if that'll happen. We have to get our dear Sunny back to her old self first.

Old 03-10-2005, 01:13 PM   #34  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 235/198/170

Height: 5ft 6in

Smile God is Good ALL the Time!!

Good Morning All!! It is such a wonderful day! I have received great news last night! My sister-in-law says that my 12 week old neice will be coming home from the hospital next week! She has been at Childrens Hospital for the last 2 months, and has had 9 surgeries. My sister-in-law will be giving her part of her chemotherapy at home and then she will need to be in the hospital for only 3 days a month. So we are thanking our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and still believing Him for her total and complete healing! AMEN! I just had to share that praise report!

SunnyD - I had no idea you were ill. You have such a wonderful disposition. Well I have been praying for you and your healing. I also go walking with my friend every day at lunch time and we decided that we are going on a "Prayer Walk" today. We have so much to pray for so we decided to walk and agree. We will be praying for you and all of you that are not feeling well.

It is about 45 degrees right now and they say its going to be about 67 degress by this afternoon. I cant believe spring is here! I will be praying for wonderful weather for you all!
Old 03-10-2005, 01:26 PM   #35  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

MNewton~Wow, what wonderful news about Channon!!
Old 03-10-2005, 01:44 PM   #36  
Walking Off The Pounds

Thumbs up God STILL answers prayer

MNEWTON Praise the Lord, Channon is getting better. She will be such a blessing to you all. I knew from previous posts that she was your neice but didn't realize she was so little. Aren't babies just little miracles? They are so wonderful and so loved and so innocent. I could go on and on but you understand I know, babies are a very beautiful part of life. Will continue prayers on Channon's behalf and for her mommy's too in assisting in her treatment and recovery.

MitcheyPoo Would LOVE to get together at MOA. We're planning on the week after Easter, actually we're leaving here Easter Sunday after church. The MOA is the only thing on our agenda, just enjoy the Mall, the shops, the restaurants and the new environment. I guess I should warn you, I'll have 3- 13 year olds in tow

"God is good "
Margie
Old 03-10-2005, 02:10 PM   #37  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile What a difference a DAY makes!

Good Afternoon Everyone

I cannot believe how much better I feel today!! It's cold outside (25* right now), but the sun is beaming into our home - what a wonderful feeling! I have gotten so much done already... I walked 30 minutes this morning on my T-Mill listening to Steve Green's *Hide 'em in Your Heart Songs* (that CD just makes me smile! I just love his music with kids), I got some paperwork done that had to be finished today & the laundry almost finished. And after I finish here... I'm gonna go wash the kitchen floor, clean the bathrooms & then run the vacuum while I still feel so good. Day's like this give me such hope to be well again and I feel like I am well on my way

*~*~*

Hi Michele, I am sorry... I didn't realize that you back was hurting you again. Fall? I must have missed something when you posted. I hope you feel better soon!

About LA Wt-loss ~ Are you buying their vitamins and food at LA Wt-Loss? Or are you just following their plan?

Hi Margie B Both, You and MNewton have just fit right in It's so nice that you both have joined us

I am sorry to say that our weather IS very different! We had 19 inches of snow here just 10 days ago!! I only wish we could see bulbs coming up right now... but alas we are still covered in snow here... we got another inch last night and are in for another system coming tonight and into tomorrow --- I only hope that it doesn't drop as much snow as they are predicting. I WISH we had temps in the 30's, but at the moment it's 25* and this morning we woke up to 15*. So you are much warmer then we are, we have colder temps because of how close we are to Lake Erie

As for my health, I am determined not to let this continue to take days away from me... and I will go for that surgery just as soon as I can find a Dr. that I work well with The Dr. I have now is good for my hubby, but not for me. I have to tell myself everyday to be patient... that it takes time for the body to heal after being ill for so long, but I think I am well on my way

Hi MNewton, What wonderful news!!!! I am thrilled to hear that Channon is doing so well!!! 9 surgeries!?!!! Bless her little heart

Thank you... I really try not to let it get me down... each day I say this morning healing prayer:

* Morning Prayer for Healing*
Father God, I thank you for creating me in Your image.
I praise You that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
I confess that You are the God that heals, my Great Physician.
I ask You to heal my body from the top of my head to the soles
of my feet. I pray that You would regenerate every bone, joint,
tendon, ligament, tissue, organ, and cell of my body. This is the
day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it. Amen.

and try to do my best to look to the bright-side of life. There is so much here on this planet to be enjoyed

45*!!!!! I so wish!!!!!!

*~*~*

Gotta get back to my chores
{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 03-10-2005, 02:22 PM   #38  

Wink Hi Sue...

I'm sorry... ... I didn't see your post I am so glad that you had sucha good time with your kids... like you wouldn't

Yeah... my boys do get very spoiled I love 'em to pieces!!!

So... what are your plans for the weekend?? Doing anything special?

I bet that you cannot wait for the warmer temps either, gotta get that camping gear ready

Later...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 03-10-2005, 03:07 PM   #39  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sunny, so happy you are better today! I have a house to clean and floor to wash if you are up to it! ... I forgot to answer your earlier question. I am not buying any of the LAWL products. I was taking a good multi-vitamin/antioxidant (had to let it go cuz of finances) and i buy a different kind of bar, the LAWL ones are really expensive and i found one that is very similar in nutrition at a fraction of the cost (Luna bars). So it's really just real food, although there are frozen meal choices you can have to. Which is convenient for me.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:30 PM   #40  

Default Another nice day here

Weather here has been so nice - best winter I have seen in years - and for us up here in Canada not to get a lot of snow - feels good - but not so good for the water situation during the summer.

Margie B you asked about my walking. I have put on a lot of miles but it has been slow going - haven't done much lately - need to get back at it. We have a new Rec Center (it is called The Rec Plex) and the concourse around the hockey rink is open for walkers. On the entrance door it tells how many laps you need to complete 1 mile (6 1/2 laps will do it). When I started walking I could only do 1 lap and that took forever. Then as time went along I got up to doing 3 miles at a time - but have been rather slack for awhile - I put it to the 2nd time around with the cancer setting me back - but that could just be a cop out too. Anyway, when I do go walking everyday that I do I make a not of the day and the miles and at the end of every month just total them up for the month and then for the grand total. As for a group no not really. There are a number of people that do go walking there (it is in door so weather is not an excuse for not going) but when I go it is usually hubby, my daughter and another couple (there others there also) but that is who we walk with. Then after the walk we go out for 1/2 hour for coffee before returning home. Makes it a nice way to start off the day - and this couple that we walk with are very very close friends.

But like I said, the total miles I have walked is over a period of time with most of it done prior to 2005. But things are going to change as I am wanting to hit that 1,000 mile mark as soon as possible so I have to get back on track and doing the walks each day.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:06 AM   #41  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's been a crazy week for me. I have a situation I would like to ask prayer for. My supervisor at work got a promotion and now her job will be vacant. She has asked me to apply for her position. The problem is that I don't know whether I have the experience and the knowledge to do what she does. She is an amazing supervisor and would be a really hard act to follow. I also have the problem that I would be supervisor over people who have become my friends. It's a tough situation for me. The promotion would mean a big raise and a desk job but I'm not sure if I can do the job. Please pray that I make the right decision. I am really torn up about this.
Thanks.

Other than that I am doing great. I'm eating well and exercising regularly again. I hope to report another loss on Sunday.

It's snowing here again!! We usually have a couple of storms in March and then spring begins but they don't want to stop. I am so ready to see some green grass.

Well, gotta go to work. We'll see what happens there!! Thanks for all your support.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:00 AM   #42  

Thumbs up

Hi there Wilma, I think you should go for it!! You have the talent and what it takes to do the job or she would not have offered you the promotion, Wilma I will keep you in my prayers each morning and evening till you let us know what you have decided But I think "You can do it"

Awesome!!

*God's Blessings*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 03-11-2005, 10:21 AM   #43  

Smile Hi Michele!

I have heard of those Luna Bars... I think it's great that you are not relying on their foods all that much, this way when you get down to your goal, you will be able to keep it going to stay at the weight you want. Now won't that be cool

Thanks! I had a really good day yesterday and today hasn't started off too badly either Joe stayed home today, because he was so tired from his late practice at church and it's snowing like the dickens out there right now - accidents everywhere and he didn't want to deal with the traffic - cannot say that I blame him one bit. So he' s in the diningroom right now working out his music and I will be doing the bill's just as soon as I finish here.

I got everything done I planned on doing yesterday Yeah! If you lived closer... I'd come over and lend you that helping hand or two When I feel well... it's wonderful, I get so much done! I sure do hope that these are the beginning days of many to come! I feel real good today too I have already gotten in my 30 minutes on the T-Mill and taken all my supplements as I am to do and had a great breakfast! Too bad the weather is much to be desired... what are ya gonna do I think that Joe and I will go do a little shopping later this afternoon... I really need a new pair of walking shoes

*~*~*

Hope that everyone has a *Beautiful Day* today
(in spite of dreary weather) I know I will
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 03-11-2005 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:22 AM   #44  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Wilma~Go for it girl! Remember, you already have everything you need. Maybe this came up because you are up for the challenge and what better way to go into a position like that, than to have friends as coworkers.

Well, i called Bruce and left a message, he suddenly stopped calling and i think i told you that he was suppose to see dr. re: some tests he took right before we met. He send me an email saying that he had tried to call, but he isn't ready to talk and he had bad news and has to talk to his mom and family. That doesn't sound good. He said it's not contagious, but it sounds bad. I just told him that i understood if he didn't want to talk now, but that i was here and i do care.

Gary~I know you are away building your mansion, but what is happening to my Vikings! Can you believe it! Losing Moss (are the Raiders your team? If so, you lucky guy, or maybe not depending on your attitude of his antics), and now with Coach Tice and the scalping problems... A man who makes $1M a year, and he's doing stuff like that?
Old 03-11-2005, 10:29 AM   #45  

Red face

Awe Michele, I'll keep Bruce in my prayes, okay... sounds like he got hit right between the eyes with some bad health news I am so sorry to hear that I hope you are able to get in touch with him soon... in the meantime, I will pray for him.

{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 03-11-2005 at 10:33 AM.
Closed Thread