Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 01:59 PM   #121  

Default Dieters devotions for May 24, 2004

May 24

Hebrews 10:38
Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Helen lamented that she couldn't lose weight, but she hardly ever tried. Oh, she would spend time with her friends talking about diets, and she would go to exercise class and sit on the side of the gym while her friends exercised, and she would buy diet sodas and TV dinners, but she would also buy coffee cakes and ice cream. The saddest thing about Helen was that she couldn't understand why her friends weren't sympathetic to her. Everyone, including God, will sympathize with us when we are giving it our best efforts. However, if we deal with losing weight like Helen, even God will have little patience with us.
Today's thought: Only fools think they fool God!
Old 05-25-2004, 09:49 AM   #122  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sure is quiet around here??....... Busy in the gardens? Busy with your families? On vacation?

I left my digital camera in Iowa! I was almost to the MN border when I remembered. They'll send it to me, but i can't believe i did that.

Hope you are all well.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:22 AM   #123  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Tuesday

HI EVERYONE-

Been busy here with these two puppies--at least they NEVER get in trouble Well-maybe Angie's dog Rylee, but my dog Reba is a saint

Had birthday party at my brother's house last night for my niece-9, Ron's sister. Sunday was the banquet for confirmation for Ron, he is confirmed on this Sunday--has big test today and tomorrow to see if he passes "GOD 101"

Made taco casserole last night, easy: Warm up corn tortillas, put pinto beans in blender (Angie and I don't buy refried beans, we just blend pinto) cook onion and hamburger, add a pack of taco seasoning and can of diced tomatoes after draining. Layer corn tortillas-beans-meat then cheese- bake for 30 minutes at 300. easy and my kids love it.

Looking at new trucks-boy I hate spending the money, and I love my Ranger...we shall see..this is the week-end to buy one though with the traditional Memorial Day sales.

Have a great day everyone--gotta go...
Old 05-25-2004, 12:27 PM   #124  

Hello It is the end of the year rush around here. I have a lot going on with all the kids and then work is adding to my work load also. Jessi birthday is Wens and she also gets confirmed in two weeks. We are going to have a birthday party for her after the confirmation party or vice versa. So please forgive me for not being around as much. I am trying to peek in and keep up. so my posts have to be quick. Sunny thanks for all your prayers I can feel the power of the prayers. God has answered many in the past few weeks. I am still working out but the post sprout posted about Helen makes me stop and think. What should I be doing diffrent if I want to reach my goal? Maybe I take to many days off inbetween so I am going to start next week (kids are out of school and I will have me time in the morning) and do even a 15 stretch. And work my way up. It is day by day with the fibro.
Well sorry I have to run. Mitchy I pray your camera gets home safe and sound.
Sami
Old 05-25-2004, 12:47 PM   #125  

Default Dieters devotions for May 25, 2004

May 25

1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

The Lord wants us to develop strong convictions. The best Chris-tians are the ones who are unwavering in their faith. God will help us develop a lot of iron so we might become totally committed to whatever we set our minds to. As dieters, we need that kind of con-viction. If we can stand firm in our resolve to lose weight, we can become examples of the power of God to change lives, physically as well as spiritually. When we commit our endeavors to the Lord, we raise them above personal goals and make them a part of our faith walk; a walk we never make alone.
Today's thought: Let my spirit be immovable, not my body!
Old 05-25-2004, 04:38 PM   #126  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation *Stop*

STOP!
DO NOT POST HERE...
TIME TO BEGIN A NEW THREAD

Here is the LINK to the New Thread:

Closed Thread