Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 09:40 AM   #91  
Southern Belle

Talking Thursday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!

Well, here my coffee and I sit reading all the posts and trying to post ourselves.

I am off today but have a lot to get done. I have to go grocery shopping, finish packing the camper and have a ballgame tonight. But I do plan on getting some rest.

Prayers please, got a call this morning from BIL in Tennessee and my SIL is in the hospital and on admission had fluid on her lungs, (which they haven't gotten off yet), sleep apnea and a too much carbon dioxide in her blood. She is also anemic and will be given blood but gotta get her better first they said. She has been having lots of problems this last year but thought she might be doing better, guess not. Things aren't so we can go up there right now although we probably need to.

~Wilma~
Please forgive me for not posting to you. Your post wasn't there when I started posting and then I got interupted and came back later and "sent" it and didn't look to see if anyone had posted while I was gone. I would never intentionally overlook you. That's good exercise working those flower beds! I did a soso job on mine this year but redid them all last year and planted lots of perennials so I wouldn't have to do much. Thank goodness!!! Your bedroom colors sounds very nice.

~Gary~
I bet you had your hands full with both the dogs! Sorry to hear DD's team lost but sounds like they gave their all and had some fun.

~Sunny~
Don't worry about telling us you would be back to post, we all know how that happens. Just look forward to hearing from you when we can.

~DeenieM!!!~
So good to hear from you!!! I am very impressed with your increased ability to walk and run You are definitely stronger. Hang in there! In my personal opinion, even if you don't make your weight goal, you are so much healthier now than January, you are still a winner!!

~Bluekitty~Sarah~ WELCOME!!!!
Wow, that is really a hard question. We have had a hard time with that issue for years. My only advise, is to visit different churches and see how the people act, if they greet you friendly, or if they just sit like a bump on a log, etc... I have found "most" of the time, if we don't get a really good greeting and have a really good impression on the first visit, then we MAY NOT be happy there. There's no one perfect church for everyone. But before you do any of this, you need to have a long talk or several with the Father. Ask him to guide you to the church HE wants you to be at and where you can be happy. Of course, HE may have plans for you to go to a church you may not be happy with at first but HE will make you happy there. Ask God to prepare your heart. Ask God to help you be open minded and not judgemental when you go. It's very hard and I won't tell you isn't. But you have to have FAITH that God will guide you and place you where you need to be. Does that make any sense?? Our prayers are going up just for you!!! Glad to have you here. Hope you will stay around and post. It's a GREAT bunch of wonderful supporters and encouragers!!!

Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT day!!!!!

Old 05-20-2004, 10:01 AM   #92  

Default Hi there!

Sorry I have been MIA but camping Monday and Tuesday and back to work Wed. Going camping Fri-Mon. am so away from my computer alot. Tried to catch up, but there was alot to read, will finish next week, just know your all in my thoughts and prayers.
Sherry- Glad to hear dd had a great time in Florida. Thanks! I love camping it is so relaxing, congrats on winning the game!
Wilma- that is a bad 4-letter word this time of year S-N-O-W hOPE THE SUN IS SHINNING NOW.
Angel- Glad to hear ds is doing better, still in my thoughts and prayers
Judy- Sorry to hear a gentleman from your sunday school passed away, there is peace in knowing He knew the Lord.
Mitchy- Pray your feeling better, and all is well.
Sami- Great job down 15 lbs pray all test come back well.
E.Z. Praying for d-stepd and dw hope situation is better
Sunny- I have had my A.c. on for awhilecan't stand getting sticky especially at work, unless of course near a beach or pool,
Sorry I missed several, got read only part way through will catch eventually love to all. Hi to all missed- not intentional just no time to post.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:12 AM   #93  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

A very GOOD Morning CER's

I held off my exercise this morning so I can try and catch up with you all

*~*~*

Hi DEENIE M ~
I know the feeling, summer is not even here yet and it brings us allot of family outings and fun activities outdoors.
Enjoy! And just post when you can - we'll be here

As far as weighing-in... I weigh myself one time a week and it helps me to stay focused - I usually weigh in on Monday's but this week I waited till Wednesday... I had a very food-filled weekend if you know what I mean If I weigh-in daily I find that I become obsessed about it ~ and then I feel defeated if it doesn't move or goes up a lb or two. Once a week is perfect for me. Looks like you are doing a wonderful job on your T-Mill (thumbs up!). June 25th is a great day it's my hubbies birthday. You will make it to 199 by then... just keep on truckin'

Hi CHARLOTTE ~
I did go and look at your pictures before they were gone and it looks as if your home is coming along just beautifully!!! Love your new front door!! Who was the model standing next to it Do share some pics here with us when you have a chance to post some ~ we'd love to see 'em!

How have you been feeling these days??

I read that all went well with your DS's testing --- how is it going for him these days? How are your little grandbabies faring up with all that has happened and IS still happening
Continued *prayers* for you all!

Hi JUDY ~
How's your DS doing? And DD!!? Boy! Did you have a day on Monday or what!?! What a way to begin the week! How did the rest of your week go? Hope it was much better

Hi SPROUT ~
I too continue to enjoy your devotionals

Hi GARY ~
How are you feeling these days? Sorry to hear that you had a bad spell there for a bit.

A marathon!???!!!! I don't think so!! I am so far from ever doing those, but have come a long way Thanks for your encouragement!! Hope that Angie's back is better... I have thought of her much these days.

DD's team is doing very well - YEAHHHHH!!!!! Love the picture of she and the team! She is a cutie-patutie like her father Angie is not blind

***Congrats*** to you and Angie on your Newest family member!!! Love the name Reba too! Okay... where is her picture??? Thought for sure we would have seen one by now I have heard that it's very good for your pet to have a sibling/friend... they live longer, healthier & happier lives. I am sure that you will all be so happy together! Waiting for that pic

Hi MICHELE ~
Sorry I missed you! I see that you left for your trip to Des Moines this morning at 8am... I sure do hope you have a wonderful trip!! You really do need a get-away... hopefully you will come back refreshed and ready for the week ahead.

Thanks for the scripture from Mark - I always like to see scriptures posted.

I am so very sorry to hear that things didn't work out with Charlie... I know you had allot of emotions involved and it must have hurt. But you are strong and have bounced back quickly... it just wasn't meant to be. Keep your chin up and *that someone* will come into your life when you least expect him... you'll see Patience... {{{Hugs}}}

As far as your mother... I am 47 years old and still look forward to my mother's love and attentions. I hope she lives a good long life - I love her dearly! I am so happy for you that you have such a supportive & loving mom. You are never too old for mom

Hi SHERRY ~
Glad to hear that you are doing a little bit better - bet you are looking forward to Monday and the sleep test, huh. This way you will get the help you need to help you feel better. I will be thinking of you! You sure have gone through allot... I think that this camping weekend is just what the Dr. ordered a perfect stress relieve ~ well... ... ... that is if it doesn't rain. I will tug on the Lord's robe with thoughts of only good weather

I cannot wait to get my flats planted, but alas we have another day of rain... yesterday began rainy, but cleared up beautifully! But by then my day had been planned and I wasn't able to get into the gardens.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh for your team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are doing so well!!!

Hi WILMA ~
The yellow Pansies and pink Impations sound beautiful!!! I too bought some Impations... multi colored - love 'em. And your bedroom colors sound *rich in colors* -
I am sure that it will turn out beautifully!

Thanx Wilma, I have lost another pound and now only have 40 to go to reach my goal I am so excited about it. It feels good to feel good again... I have muscle aches, but I can easily cope with them. Good for you in resisting the cake! That is something I find so hard to resist too... I love cake! White, moist cake or the German Choc... sorry - my mouth began to water, didn't mean to drool on you

*~*~*

Well gang... I really must be getting on with my day today... I have bills to pay and my exercise to get in. Tomorrow is my weigh-in and measure day at Curves... I get so anxious when that day comes!

" Hello's to SAMI (Hope you are all right!!!??? SUE, AGGIE, CEEJAY, VALERIE, POOKEY & ANN
and anyone else lurking "
Have a Wonderful OP Day people!!!!
Luvs,
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 05-20-2004 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:30 AM   #94  

Smile

Morning SHERRY & SUE ~
You two posted while I was writing... I cannot catch up

Quote:
Post by Sherry: Prayers please, got a call this morning from BIL in Tennessee and my SIL is in the hospital and on admission had fluid on her lungs, (which they haven't gotten off yet), sleep apnea and a too much carbon dioxide in her blood. She is also anemic and will be given blood but gotta get her better first they said. She has been having lots of problems this last year but thought she might be doing better, guess not. Things aren't so we can go up there right now although we probably need to.
Thanks SHERRY ~
You have my *prayers* for sure!

Hope you have a good day off today in preparing for your camping weekend

Hi SUE ~
WoW You too are doing allot of camping... don't worry about catching up... as I stated to Deenie - it's that time of year and I know I don't expect people to be sitting at their computers on nice wawrm days - at least I hope not! Go and enjoy your camping weekend... rest, rest, rest up for the week ahead

{{{Hugs}}} for you both...
Me <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-20-2004, 10:42 AM   #95  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Running Late

Hi Ladies

Not a lot of time..what's new.

Just wanted to share with SARAH in case she "came back". SUNNYD and SHERRY sure shared some great advice-- I would only add to that this thought....Listen to what is being preached from the pulpit...if the messages are ALWAYS the same as the what is in the BIBLE and only the BIBLE --then you are in a great place! Churches are full of sinners...mine is...in fact I think everyone there but me is a sinner One person can do a lot to change the attitude of a group of people. It is very hard to have negative thoughts IF you keep YOUR MIND on POSITIVE ONES in fact it is impossible!!

Well gotta go-- have to cook hot dogs for school musical tonight at church-- if I get home early I will CATCH -UP!!
Old 05-20-2004, 10:43 AM   #96  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Sherry-- my prayers!
Old 05-20-2004, 11:33 AM   #97  

Talking Michele...

I thought it was FRIDAY today!!!
Tells you where my head is at... I am a day ahead of myself
I hope you have a great time on your weekend if you read this
before you leave tomorrow morning

Luvs,
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-20-2004, 11:45 AM   #98  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sunny~Glad to see you dear. So proud of you for not giving up and always striving to do better. Wow, up to 4 miles! I'm still here, i leave tomorrow a.m.

As far as Charlie goes, there were emotions involved but i'm glad i know early before i got anymore involved. I feel good that i know myself better and am not willing to accept being treated badly. He isn't a bad guy, i'm not trying to condemn him, but he wasn't right for me and i'm grateful to realize this now.

John called me last night! We had a nice talk. Still not asking me out.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:58 PM   #99  

Default Dieters devotions for May 20, 2004

May 20

John 15:7
'If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.'

'I don't really believe in God. I keep asking him for things, and I never get them. I want new clothes, a decent car, and I'm tired of working. I go to church regularly, and I pray all the time. The Bible says that if I ask for anything in God's name I'll get it. I think it's a bunch of hogwash.' Too many people think all they have to do is ask, and God will shower them with wealth and luxuries of life. God does indeed want us to have good things, but He tells us that we must ask for things with a Christlike mind. We need to ask ourselves, 'Would Christ ask for this?' Ask in the Spirit of Jesus Christ, and God will bless you richly.
Today's thought: I need God's help to ask for the right things.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:51 PM   #100  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sarah~I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier. I meant to but couldn't find the time and i kept getting kicked off. I just wanted to mention that Church is not about the attendees, or shouldn't be. It's about your relationship with the Lord. I agree, it should be that you have a nice warm welcoming church family, but no matter where you go, there will be people who irritate and bother you or you think are hypocritical maybe. I will keep you in prayer and pray that you find the church family you are looking for, but more importantly, grow in your relationship with the Lord.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:57 PM   #101  

Smile

Hey there...

Just popping in to make a correction in my May Miles -
I have walked 39.50 miles so far and the month ain't over yet

MICHELE ~
Have a great weekend!!

Later...
Me <><

Old 05-20-2004, 10:11 PM   #102  

Hello Everyone

I'm very tired tonight...but, wanted to post & thank you all once more for the prayers & encouragement. DS is up one minute & down the other. The girls are faring pretty well. Only downer, is their mom & family trying to turn the 5 yr old against all of us. That's something we don't believe in doing, & won't do with her. After a few remarks from her..I sat her down & explained that her mom & dad both loved her & her sister. That they should not say bad things about each other. She said her mom did about her dad all the time, & she was mad at him. After our discussion, seemed to calm her down some, & she was more loving with him. They go back to them tomorrow evening for a week though, so it'll probably be the same thing. Although they didn't my son talk to the 5 yr old (they'd always make her hang up after about 30 seconds.), we put her on the phone each night, when mom called, & left her alone in the bedroom to talk as long as she wanted. She's now pushing for expenses. They got the house rent-free, ( it is her grandmother's house) just power & water is all the bills she has. Other than baby sitter. Well, he pays a baby sitter when he has his weeks with them. I'm so tired, & depressed........

Sunny...thanks for the compliments on the house (& me). You're very kind. We're getting more done on the house now. The trusses have been delivered for the roof. Hopefully it will be put on next week. Sometimes I think I'll have a house again...then, sometimes I don't. Right now....there's other things on my mind, anyway.

I'm enjoying all of the posts & the graphics....I receive here, much more than I give. Maybe, some day, I'll be to where I can be more attentive. I AM praying for all of your needs. God Bless You.

**For Sarah...I want to welcome you to the thread. It sounds like you have been hurt by people somewhere at some time. I'm sorry. I've been in your shoes. I've had some of the deepest hurts I've ever had in my life from so-called "christians". Just remember, when you face God in the judgement, you'll face him alone. The only one you will answer for is yourself (unless, of course, you deliberately caused someone else to fail.) Be asured, if someone has done wrong, they will answer for it. The Bible speaks of people hurting one of his "little ones". Just pray, & get victory over it. Live the best life you can. DO find you a church to go to. No, there's not perfect ones, but there ARE good ones! Remember, if you keep dwelling on this....you will be miserable. We're here for you. I'm praying for peace in your heart.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:39 PM   #103  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

It's Angie here-
Sending the most recent pictures of Rylee and Reba.
Reba is the bigger pup. She'll be 5 months old on May 28. Rylee was 4 months old on May 19. Right now they're rough-housing in the kitchen and I am ready to drop-kick them both to the moon!!!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:31 AM   #104  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Gary, they are both so adorable! Gosh, almos makes you want a puppy again! ALMOST........!!

Just checking in quick before I get in the shower and get final things ready for my trip. Was up late (after midnight) doing stuff and also.....on the phone with John! Got up extra early this a.m. to get things done too. I'm tired already and we're getting storms and it's worse the farther south we go. Please say a prayer we have a safe journey. I'm not too worried and I like the rain. We'll take it slow.

Praying for all of you! Especially those grandbabes of yours Charlotte.

Talk to you later!
Old 05-21-2004, 07:38 AM   #105  
Southern Belle

Default TGIF morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!

Well, the girls played really hard last night but lost 4-5. But that's ok 'cause this team is #1 in a different league than us. It doesn't change our #1 position and we are still going to the tournament in July. But I totally dread the heat But I hope to practice last few weeks of June and work on a few weak areas.

I have a very busy day and we are leaving to go to the lake so I probably won't be back in until Sunday evening or Monday morning. School gets out here today and all the kids around are very excited. Kelli, as you know has been looking for a job. Well, funny thing happened on the way to lunch yesterday. She ran into some friends (mother of the owner of the restaurant she used to work for). And they asked her to work yesterday, today and Saturday. The daughter has opened a Fashion Barn where the restaurant used to be and is going to open one here (in our town) in the next few weeks. So, it looks like Kelli will be working in the warehouse which is suppose to relocate here and the store that is to open here in June. This Fashion Barn has new clothes that are very discounted. Nothing in the store is over $9.99 and they leave the previous price tags on the items and so far have had up to $36 on those tags. Pretty good huh?? Prayers answered!!! Plus Kelli already has a babysitting job one day a week until July then several days. She will be one busy girl!!!

Sorry I don't have time to post individually this morning. Just know that I will be thinking and praying about you this weekend at the lake.
Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT Friday and a GREAT weekend!!!!!

Cya soon!!

Closed Thread