Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 08:58 PM   #61  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Tgif

HI LOOOOOOOSERS

Have to be quick here, well...nothing is quick when I type Waiting for dinner to finish...bow tie pasta, cheddar cheese, peas, onions and ham pieces in a casserole dish, then pour whipping cream over it...warm up for 45 minutes and ya got dinner!

Went to my daughter's tennis banquet last night, actually I went down earlier in the day and repaired some walls, took down some shelves and visited with her. My wife and ex-wife road down together after they got off work. the banquet was very nice...chicken, rice and veggies as usual. My daughter got 4 plaques, for scholar athlete conference, scholar athlete school, team regional champ, and one with the team picture on it. We had a great time, my daughter gave a very emotional speech honoring 1 of our seniors, the one my dauhgter beat out in the rotation...to hard to explain but the speech showed the CLASS of my kiddo and the other girl (of course I already knew that ) This was the final banquet for my daughter's boyfriend too...although he still has another semester next year to graduate.
My daughter applied for an internship yesterday, don't know many details..and probably won't until she returns from Alabama...but it is near campus, it involves the United States Navy and it has something to do with the G force on necks...my daughter is into research on the human body and how it works etc. as far as physical fitness...details later..if she gets the job.

The weather here has been super the last few days..not too hot...almost summer weather...sure can feel it coming.

Nephew causing some trouble..not real bad but enough to concern his teacher. Getting close to the end of the year attitude I think. He has been on TV restriction...getting used to that..so now if he misbehaves it is no 8th grade graduation party and no "DITCH DAY" (sponsored by the 8th grade PTA) to Magic Mountain....I talked to his teacher today and she said he has been "almost" an Angel.

Well the oven buzzer is going...later

IN HIS LOVE---Gary
Old 05-15-2004, 08:15 AM   #62  
Southern Belle

Talking Saturday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!!!

Sitting here sipping and trying to wake up. I'm pretty tired this morning. It was a super long day but ended in another victory:
The Diamond Divas WON 4-0!!!! Yay!!!!!

I am working this weekend but hopefully it will be a quite one so I can get some rest. I got my next week's schedule yesterday and they are giving me my Tuesday and Thursday off but totally loading my M-W-F schedule down!!! Kinda makes me mad, but it may be the last week I work like that. I still don't know when I can go in for the testing. I tried all day Friday and part of Thursday to get in touch with the scheduler and kept missing her and she kept missing me. But maybe I can set it up for Wednesday night and then I will have all day Thursday to get all the testing done.

~Gary~
Wow!!! Proud of that DD of yours!!! She seems like quite the athlete and person!! Good luck to her going to Alabama!!!! And of course, traveling safety!!!! Prayers going up. Her internship sounds very interesting!!!! Sorry to hear about the nephew, but I know the kiddos around here are pretty hyped up too. One more week of school here and they're out for the summer!!! Hey, you sound like the a great

~Michele~
Your farmer's market sounds GREAT!!! The day I went to the Dr I passed a fruit and veggie stand and turned around and went back. I ended up getting two honeydews, a watermelon and a couple lbs of beautiful tomatoes and only spent $7, which I thought was very reasonable. The first honeydew isn't as sweet as I like but the rest is great! But it's a little early for some of that.
~Sprout~
Thanks for those words of wisdom! If we could all be happy that way!

~EVERYONE~
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!

Old 05-15-2004, 12:19 PM   #63  

Default Dieters devotions for May 15, 2004

May 15

Matthew 14:31
And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, 'O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?'

Peter asked the Lord to allow him to walk on the water. Seeing his Master walking on the waves caused Peter to wish to do likewise. However, once he began his walk, he found himself sinking and afraid. What did the Lord do at this sign of unbelief? Did He allow Peter to sink? Of course not! So long as Jesus is nearby, we need never fear for our lives. Jesus Christ reaches out His hand to us when we get in over our heads. Though He wants us to develop unshakable faith, He is forgiving and loving, and He lifts us up when we are too weak to stand up on our own.
Today's thought: Thank the Lord that Christ holds me up when I'm most down!
Old 05-15-2004, 12:29 PM   #64  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Happy Saturday!

Well, Charlie called last night from the golf-course. Said he guess i knew he was upset about our last conversation, i told him i did not know, because he didn't call me back. Asked if he got my messages. Wouldn't answer me, would go onto something else. Mentioned he got the message where I apologized if I was hard on him, but mysteriously didn't get any of the other ones and didn't feel it was worth calling back. Then he asked if I wanted to come over today.......Um, I said no I didn't think i did. I told him that if he couldn't even call me back, and he said he was BUSY. He then went into this tyrade about how he's BUSY, but I can have his weekends. I told him I deserved more than that. Then he got kind of pissy (sorry to use the word) and he ended up hanging up on me after he told me to have a nice life. I noticed this a.m. he already put up his personal ad...

The farmer's market was pretty good today. Not a lot of veggies, but i got a nice bunch of asparagus for $1! What a deal! And i got my organic cream and butter ($5/lb for butter, but worth it!). Got a candle for a co-worker's bday next week. They had buffalo meat too! Didn't try that, but i may. Also, a lady there makes authentic tamales and salsa! YUM!

I'm going to be very productive today at home, think this thing with Charlie is going to fuel me. I clean better when I'm angry/upset. Well maybe just disappointed. Thinking of writing him a letter, but not sure it's even worth it. Atleast i could tell him how i feel. He can then do what he wants with it.

Sherry! Glad to hear the Diva's won again. They are doing so good. Hope it all works out with your dr. appt's and health.

Gary! you've got a great bunch of kids there. Really cool to hear some good stories about our youth these days. Hope Angie is handling the ex as well as possible. Has to be very stressful for her. Why can't her ex be like yours? How's Rylee these days? What has she demolished lately?

Have a potluck at church tomorrow with the past Alpha people, should be fun, hoping John is there. He's not calling lately. We emailed a bit this week, but not much.

Have a great weekend!
Old 05-15-2004, 01:33 PM   #65  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Not too much time right now...just checking in before chores. I took Rylee to puppy school by myself today. Angie took her daughter to a "session" at a local church on eating disorders. Rylee was really fisty today, more than usual...not a good puppy! Angie and I were walking her thru the neighborhood last night and a lady came running out of her house.."OH, hey..your the ones with the golden retriever puppy my neighbor told me about--want another one?" we were "like what??"..she has an AKC golden that is 3 to 4 weeks older than Rylee...BUT...A whole bunch bigger...we...now can you believe this??? from me??? are considering it.....she has to get rid of her because she is just too big for her other dogs.

Well, off to chores.

MICHELE...sure seems like Charlie really wants you..." when--HE--wants you"...I wouldn't waste much time there if I was you...speaking from experience here, dear!
Old 05-15-2004, 01:41 PM   #66  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Yes, Rylee needs some companionship. It really may be a good thing Gary. Twice the fun!
Old 05-15-2004, 06:20 PM   #67  

Default Quote for May 15, 2004

I've arrived at this outermost edge of my life by my own actions. Where I am is thoroughly unacceptable. Therefore, I must stop doing what I've been doing.
Alice Killer, An Unknown Woman, 1982
Old 05-16-2004, 08:38 AM   #68  
Southern Belle

Talking The Lord's Day

Good Morning CEers!!!!

Hope this finds everyone well this morning. It's a beautiful day here in central TX with the sun carassing the buds and blooms of life to come. I'm so thankful to be alive!!!! I had a bad day all day yesterday with chest pains and feeling like I couldn't go on. But the other nurse is out of town so I did the best I could. It took me all day to do my 3 visits! : I pray that I am better today.

~Gary~
Prayers for DD going to "Bama" today. Wow, to get another lab or not? Will the new pup be a companion or a partner in crime??? Only you can decide.

~Sprout~
Thanks for the words of inspiration.

~Michele~
Wow, asparus for $1 that's really good!!! Sorry about Charlie, but I think you handled it well. Probably better than I would have. Good luck with your potluck dinner and John. Have fun!

~Everyone~ Hope you have a GREAT SUNDAY!!!!!

~EVERYONE MIA~ ~Sami~Sue~Ceejay~DeenieM~Charlotte~Sunny~Everyone else
Look forward to hearing from ya'll soon.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:39 PM   #69  

Default Quote for May 16, 2004

Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.
William James (1842 - 1910)
Old 05-16-2004, 12:46 PM   #70  

Default Dieters devotions for May 16, 2004

May 16

James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

The group began every week by admitting all their transgressions. Having to admit all the wrongs that were done really helped act as a deterrent during the week. It was embarrassing to tell people about the things you shouldn't have eaten, even though they were all friends. What really made a difference was the period of prayer that ended each session. What a source of strength and courage! The group was the best thing Janet had ever gotten into. Dieting was almost a joy when it was done with such good friends. Shar-ing the experience helped Janet make her diet a success.
Today's thought: Confession is good for the soul and for the diet!
Old 05-17-2004, 07:35 AM   #71  
Southern Belle

Red face Monday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!

Just wanted to check in. I don't have enough time this morning to do individual posts. I have a very busy day with patients, Kaci has her awards ceremony and we have a game tonight. So, I may not be around any today. It really makes me mad how my work is treating me. I told them I needed a lighter schedule this week and could only work M-W-F. Well, I'm only scheduled M-W-F but have 8-9 patients those days and some of them are out of town. UGH!!! The BEST THOUGHT I have right now is. . . . we are going camping this weekend. I can get some rest then, if I can make it that long.

Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT MONDAY!!!!!!

Old 05-17-2004, 09:56 AM   #72  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Truly I tell you, whoever says to this mountain,
Be lifted up and thrown into the sea!
and does not doubt at all in his heart but believes
that what he says will take place, it will be done for him.
-Mark 11:23 AMP
Hi all!

Today i plan to move mountains! It's going to be a good day, because it's Monday, the beginning of a new week and because the Lord has given us this day!

Woke up with a migraine yesterday a.m. and it was a bad one. Couldn't sleep it off, took migraine medicine, took a nap for 1.5 hours and it was much better. Was able to go to the potluck (John wasn't there ) . We had a nice turnout and it was fun. Still felt a little shaky from the medicine but was a lot better. I did talk to John last night for quite a while. Really nice guy.

My Dad's great Aunt asked me to go with her to Des Moines this Friday-Sun. She's almost 90 and drives by herself. There are many reasons not to go, but something is telling me to go. I'm trying to work it out. I'd do the driving for her which i love to drive. And i've never been to Des Moines, so it could be fun.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:16 AM   #73  

Sherry

Your posts are always so cheerful & encouraging. I look forward to reading them everyday! Just wanted you to know that I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to make such delightful posts!

Gary

Hard to imagine why anyone would want a second puppy! My son got his daughters a puppy. He drags up everything in the world & leaves it at my front door! Of course, unless it's something he can tear apart all over the yard. I try not to fuss...want him to know that he & the girls are welcome to make this their home, also, as long as he needs to. One thing I AM going to put a stop to, though...he loves to nibble my feet! With RA, I can't stand it.

Michelle
Thanks for your encouragement & prayers. We really need them. We're still waiting for a decision. Will be glad when this all is settled.
I'm sorry about Charlie...I'm afraid I feel the same as Gary. Seems like he wants you only on his terms. I'll be praying.

Sunny

Hope you had a good weekend. How's your eye doing?
You asked about my house. It's coming along a little faster now. We have a new front door, new windows, the garage walls are up, the den walls are up, & the extension to the back of the house is up. The trusses are delivered for the roof, so hopefully the weather will agree this next week to take care of the roof. I'll try to put in some pics soon. I put some on another thread a few weeks ago, but, can't find them now. Thanks for asking.

Sprout
I really enjoy your daily quotes. Hope you're feeling well these days.

Sami, Sue, Ceejay, DeenieM, & all others

Old 05-17-2004, 10:42 AM   #74  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS-- REAL QUICK BEFORE WORK...I WAS SICK THIS WEEK-END WITH STOMACH FLU(?) I THINK, FEELING A LITTLE BETTER TODAY. LOOOOONG WEEK-END WITH 2 PUPPIES...LONG STORY-WILL DETAIL LATER...BUT...MY SON AND I (both of us didn't want a puppy- remember?) WANT TO KEEP THE NEW PUPPY...AND ANGIE...SAYS IT IS TOO MUCH TROUBLE...NOT SURE WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN HERE..SHE HAS ALREADY MADE CALLS TO POTENTIAL OWNERS...AH GALS, YOU SHOULD SEE THE NEW ONE...SOOOO SWEET..NOTHIN' LIKE RYLEE! LOL.....GOTTA GO...LATER
Old 05-17-2004, 11:32 AM   #75  

Hi friends,

I had an interesting end of week. My son Matt was messing around at school on Thursday and has a buckled fracture on his right arm. I spent Thursday evening in the emergency room. When he got in the car after school he said he thought he broke his arm. He had a trombone audition for high school in forty min. I got him tynol and an ace bandage to support the arm. He passed the test with flying colors and will be studing under his favorite teacher. The hospital wraped his arm up well and gave him an arm sling. we have an appointment with the orthopedic doctor tuesday. Friday he went to Charleston with his class to see Fort Moultrie and Pariots Point. He was suppose to go on a backpack trip with the boy scouts saturday but I canceled his trip. This week is exam week I have no clue how he is going to be able to take the tests. If he is determand to take a trombone audition then I guess taking exams is not much different.
Laura performed at Relay for Life Friday evening . My husband and I had a nice evening out. We went out with our neighbors for dinner and a play. They are a retired couple. He worked for the FBI and has some great stories to tell. They lived all over the world. It was a great evening.
Saturday Laura had her recital . I was at the school from 1pm till 8:30. They had two performances to do. When she took off her stage make-up she scratched her cornia. I patched the eye and put ontment in it. Pray that it heals. She has a driving class tuesday for two hours.
And life goes on
Closed Thread