Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 11:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Default Mom's at it again, but I'm still smiling

Things are going great! I've lost a total of 12 pounds, I've painted my bedroom and got a new bed and all new bedding, workmen were here and put in all new windows (they are wonderfull), others are coming in July to insulate and side the house. I'm just so happy. My husband and I have lived here for almost 12 yrs. and the house is paid off now it's time to do some of the stuff old farm houses need to have done to them! Anyway, I called to share with my mom that my bedroom's done and the windows are in and the date the other workmen are coming. True to form though, she wasn't happy for me, she didn't care to come over, all she could say was, "It'll be nice when you get your kitchen and bathroom done." NO mom, it's nice now! I'm not quite 40, I'm out of debt, I'm sleeping on the nicest bed I've ever owned, and I can open every window in my house. At least I'm laughing and smiling about her behavior. I can't understand being jealous of your children. I pray my children have and do more than I ever will. I'm actually learning to feel sorry for her. It must be aweful to go through life jealous of everyone around you being unable to be happy for others. I just wanted to share how far Jesus love has brought me in just the last couple weeks. That's what happens when I get lazy about my Bible study the devil can just get in and let everything irritate. I hope all of you with a mom like mine will just smile and move on when she doesn't relate to you like you want her to.

PAX, Kristi
Old 04-29-2004, 01:06 AM   #2  

Hi Kristi........

I'm soooo happy for you!! Girl, you've not only lost weight...but, getting that house fixed up! You're gonna be dancing all over that place. You know what??? We're doing the same thing! We put 9 new windows in this week & the front door! I've been so happy....like you said...I can raise my windows! We're remodeling from a housefire..Nov 2, 2002. It's been a very long journey...Insurance didn't pay enough to even hire contractors, so having to do the work ourselves. Very little help from friends or family. Our children, when they can. I'm so happy about the windows & door, though, that I took pics to post on another thread. Ok...if you insist...here it is. I think it's about the 6th post down. 5 pics. You'll see, I live in an older home, also. Love it! It's a landmark in the community. Hope you can post some pics, also. We can keep up with each other's progress! Of course yours will go faster than mine...but, we're getting there.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...t=39687&page=2

Sorry.......again......about your mother. It's so hard to understand. I'm sure there are others who are proud for you, though! I know I am....I've been through the struggle. Every thing you do...large or small...is sooo exciting!
Keep us informed how it's going...& your weightloss...you're doing great!
Old 04-29-2004, 11:48 AM   #3  

Hi Angel Lover, I'm sorry to hear about your fire. It must be devistating to go through something like that. My in-laws home burned pretty much down in Jan. 1993 when I was pregnant with our first child and that was close enough for me. They too had probems with insurance not paying near enough. I'm happy that things are coming along for you. I think it's neat that you are doing much of the work yourselves. Neither my husband or I have ever done anything more than paint as far as remodeling. If it were up to us nothing would ever get done so ours will take a long time as well, because we are not willing to go into debt again to fix the house up so things will get done as we are able to afford them. I'm thinking it'll be just about done when the children are gone! That's ok though there is light at the end of the tunnel. It's terribly windy here today, but I don't care I have nearly every window open things keeping flying off the counters Ha Ha!!! It's one of those pleasures you take for granted!
Have a great day!

Kristi
Old 05-02-2004, 05:42 PM   #4  

Hello Kristi....

Good to hear you're enjoying that breeze blowing through those new windows! So am I! Thanks for the thoughts on the fire....we'll get it finished eventually. I think you're very wise paying for things as you go. We're trying our best to get out of debt before DH has to stop working. He's only 55 (May22nd)...but, time will pass fast. So, we're trying not to buy anything with our own money...but from ins, etc. That's why it's taking so long. I think DH is going to start on the wall additions tomorrow. We're adding a den to the kitchen & a few more feet on the end of the house. Then, the roof. What's happening to your house next? We gotta keep up with each other's progress!

Hope you have a great week...keeping losing that weight!!

Old 05-03-2004, 09:57 AM   #5  

Adding on! Thats sounds great. I would love to add another room on. We're planning to enclose one of our porches. Right now my entry way is also my laundry room so if we were to enclose the porch people could then enter there and not have to see my dirty laundry. It's ok if you know guests are coming, but sometimes it's a little embarrasing when surprise company shows up and all the laundry is in piles all right where they have to walk through!! I try to remember if it bothers them they are here for the wrong reasons, right!? I'd like to do my bathroom next, but I think this year it's just going to get painted, because I NEED plumbing done in my kitchen. This week I plan to plant the veg. seeds in my garden and then next week I'll paint the bath. Right now I need to get busy and just plain clean. My house looks like a twister hit after the weekend. I normally get more done on Sun., but I have a friend whos' mother ( is living with her ) has an inoperable brain tumor. She suffered a seisure on Fri. and things are just not good. We live 100 miles from each other so yesterday we were on the phone for 2 hrs. It was much more important than do the dishes!! SAy a little prayer for Martha if you would.
Have a great day.

Kristi
Old 05-05-2004, 08:37 AM   #6  

Hi Lovnmom....
Yes, I will be praying for Martha...also for you, as her friend. The role of a friend is invaluable at times as this. She's fortunate to have you by her side.

My back porch is closed in & also the laundry room...or was before the fire. Now, we're extending it out...to make a den, & moving the back door to the other side of the house (where the kitchen is) going to the garage,we're adding on. So, there will be a den-kitchen combo, with counter separating. DH & DS started up with the walls this week. Looking good. The washer & dryer will be in the garage. Yayyy!

We had just finished the bathroom remodeling..but, it only got smoked up really bad, & cleaned fairly good. We're putting in a master bath & walk-in closet where the dining room used to be, though. So DH gets to dread another bathroom installation. I'm not able to do the painting, etc., due to RA & OA....but, I have 3 daughters that love to paint, so I'll supervise them! We have 11 grandchildren that have been very upset about the housefire. The oldest (step) is 23, but the others are 15 & under to 2 yrs. This is the only house they remember us living in. They were ok with the remodeling, but the sudden "change" was really rough on them. We've been trying to include all of them to help make things easier. The little ones have been begging to help paint the rooms. I came up with an idea one day....Everyone was over here last Labor Day working on the houe & grilling. I called all the grands to me & told them they would each get to paint anything they wanted on the walk-in closet walls & it wouldn't be painted over...It would be called "The GRAND Room"! They were soooo excited! Now, they talk about it all the time, & don't seem so upset about the house.

Well....gotta go for now...tell me more...looks like I'm telling you a lot!

Last edited by Angel-lover; 05-05-2004 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:55 AM   #7  

Hi Angel Lover, Thanks for the prayers. It sounds as though you are making magor changes. Turning your house all around. It's wonderful that your DH and DS are talented at that sort of thing. Help me out with RA and OA I don't know what they stand for? I love your idea of allowing the children to paint in the walk in closet. My children 10, 8, 7, and 4 have been begging to help and we have 3 walk in closets that could use a new paint job. Thanks for the idea. They will be so excited. My oldest was chosen to represent her scholl at the Heritage Fair yesterday. She made me so proud. She had to present a WI and a family timeline in 3 different rooms. She had put all of it into a lap top and even had two movies mixed in. Her second presentation was by far the best. She was past the nerves of the 1st, but by the 3rd you could tell she was bored with it!! Of course I overate by stopping at DQ on the way home. Overeating is something I've been doing a lot the past few days. I don't even have TOM to blame for it or anything. I think I'm just tired of being so careful for right now. Thanks to the walking thread I'm at least keeping up my exercises though. Well, happy remodeling. Have a good day!

Kristi
Old 05-05-2004, 07:55 PM   #8  

Hi Kristi....
OA is Osteo arthritis & RA is Rheumatoid arthritis. I'm sorry I wasn't clearer. In '83 I was in a car accident that put me on disability with my back. Then, two yrs ago, Rheumatoid started in my hands & spread through my whole body very quickly. I take Methotrexate (chemo) shots once a week at home, then Remicade intraveneous treatments every 5 weeks. I didn't know RA was so devastating! I was like most other people...thought it was just a different form of arthritis...but, it's much worse.

Your children will enjoy the painting of the closets...I'm sure! I may have just started a new trend! Your oldest daughter sounds very intelligent. I'm scared to try to make a movie...afraid of crashing the pc. I know you're proud of her...with good reason. I LOVE DQ!!!

Well, DH put up another wall today...in the garage. DS had a bad headache all day, & couldn't help. So, didn't get a lot done. Don't think DH felt well, either. We'll have to show pics of our houses!

Are you a stay at home mom, or do you work outside the home? I'm sure you have plenty to do with those sweeties, of yours. I worked for 18 yrs, until the injury. For the past 10 yrs I've been doing volunteer work at a christian TV station nearby. I'm the secretary....& do other things where needed. I help on the evening program of News, Weather, Announcements, etc...also have a program where I sing on Monday nights. It's very interesting & I really enjoy it. They understand my health & I can rest any time I need to.

Well...I'll stop boring you with my life, & go cook a little supper. Have a good evening.

Old 05-06-2004, 10:38 AM   #9  

I'm going to try this again. My post got lost in cyber space!
I had written that your life sounds anything other than boring AngelLover. I'm sorry to hear about your accident and that fact that you suffer from arthritis. I know how devistating daily pain can be. My DH suffered from terrible back problems this past winter. His job requires him to lift 100# many times a day and suddenly he was unable to do it. Of course a PA misdiagnosed him and gave hime nothing but strong Aleve and wanted him to take valium to sleep at night. Living with the pain turned him into someone else. He's normally the easy going one of us, but over time he turned short tempered easily angered by things that he normally wouldn't have even noticed. You can't have 2 short fuses living in the same house. I finally laid it out to him that he needed to seek a second opinion. Luckily my SIL's SIL worked for a chiropracter and she was able to convince him to come in. In 3 appointments he had him almost back to normal. It turned out his hip was out of allignment causing him to overcompensate and hurting his back in the process. He's been in for one adjusment since and now rarely even mentions aches and pains! Niether of us had ever been to a chiropracter before, but he's now a firm believer. DH and I have plans for dinner out tonight. We haven't been out alone in like 2 months so we are really looking forward to it. I've been lazy so I have no progress to report on my house. I don't even have my garden in yet!
Have a great day!

Kristi
Old 05-07-2004, 09:01 PM   #10  

Hi Kristi...
Been pretty busy...so took awhile to get back to you. I've posted those long posts before, & lost them...don't know why!
My husband definitely believes in chiropractors. He goes with every ache he has & it always helps!
I hope you enjoyed your evening out with DH!Sounds romantic!
DH & I go out to eat most Friday nights & then Sundays after church. Hardly a night out...but, it's a little time away from his TV & my PC.
Got 2 walls up on garage this week...could have had more, but, son pulled a "lazy" spell on us. I gave him my opinion of it this morning. They have a lot of work on the regular job (installing floor covering) next week...so guess it's tabled for now.
Well...need to go...hope you have a great Saturday!! If something happens I can't post before Sunday....Happy Mother's Day!!
Old 05-08-2004, 10:45 AM   #11  

Hi ANgelLover, We did have a really nice night out and we did so need it. You don't realize just how much you need to get away alone until you have a plan. Then it's like, "yippee we're going out without the kids, why'd we waite so long!" Of course what's very important too is that my food was delicious. That's always VERY important! We're attending our 8th mother daughter banquet at church tonight. We always make it special with my DDs, DM, DMI, and my SIL. Now since she's married my SIL's MIL and step DD attend with us well. It's always very nice and my mother seems to love it. We've gotten 1.5 inches of rain this morning so now I'm kicking my own butt for not having my garden seeds in. I'm such a procrastinator. If it doesn't need to be done right now you will not catch me doing it!! Everyone thinks I work so well under pressure. HaHa! If they only knew it's the only way I work! The jokes on them! You have a great Mother's Day as well. I'm hoping my DH has something planned, but I highly doubt it. Not that he's not wonderful, but planning nice surprises for me is not at the top of his priority list. In his defence I don't do so well at planning terrific occasions for him. Alas, we are parents 1st a couple 2nd.
TaTa for now!

Kristi
Old 05-10-2004, 09:53 PM   #12  

Kristi! I hope you had a good Mother's Day. Mine was pretty good. It would have been nice to see all of my children. Two daughter's & their family lives in other states...so not possible, but I did hear from them.

Mondays are very long for me...I stay at the station after I normally would come home at 5pm. My program comes on at 6pm...so, I stay for that. Then, I had to go to the grocery store. I'm pooped!

I'm glad you & DH had a good night out. Every couple should go out alone, sometimes. Keep those flames burning! We were so poor, when our children were little, we couldn't go out. We make up for it now, though.

We've got the walls up for the garage now. The trussels for the roof were delivered this morning. I'm almost excited! I'm scared to get too excited, afraid it will all stop. Money is tight....but, we're being careful.

Well, I'm tired....hope you have a good evening.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:10 PM   #13  

Hi Charlotte, I have to admit I had the best Mother's Day I have had in my almost 11 yrs. of mothering. My children are finally at an age where they actually tried to be on their best behavior. My husband who for whatever reason, tries very hard to make me happy succeeded as well. Oddly I'm kind of a vampire buff and wanted to see the new movie VanHelsing. My DH knew after going out this past week the movie would be long gone before we get to go out again so he took the 3 youngest children shopping for me and out for lunch while my oldest DD and I saw the movie. They bought me new tiny dangling heart shaped earrings made out of black onyx. I just love them. My DD really enjoyed going to the movie just me and her. At Sun. school the 3 younger children's teachers had them plant flowers for me, but her teacher didn't do anything for her students mothers. My DD felt so bad when all of her siblings were giving me flowers and home made cards in church!!! I'm the SS co-ordinator for our church and next year it's just going to be an all SS project, because I'm sure other children felt bad as well. Anyway, my day was great as long as you don't mention the whole huge bag of buttered popcorn I ate all by myself!!!! I'll have to be so good this week to make up for everything I ate over this past weekend. It sounds like you had a good day as well and that your house is still moving forward. That's a whole lot more than I can say for mine lol.
Have a great day!

Kristi
Old 05-12-2004, 09:36 AM   #14  

How are you this morning, Kristi? It's a beautiful day, here. The meteorologists, (including our own at my TV station!) has said rain all week...but, not happened yet. I know we need it sometimes...but, it really makes me blue when it rains. Also, makes my OA act up!

Well...the trussells for the remaining roof was delivered this morning. That's cutting into our account around $6,000!! That's what the money is for, though. Just hurts me to write a check that large. DH said to not worry, he would write it for me.

That was sweet of your youngest to make those things for you in church. You're right, though....a new plan sounds good for next year. My church is so small, we don't do anything...except personal for each other. I took a pretty pic I found on pc & put in "Happy Mother's Day....David & Charlotte". Printed it out & framed it, for the mothers. They thought I had really done a lot for them! Wish I could....just can't always do what we want. I guess those with no pc's are amazed at what we can do, sometimes, though. I know I used to be. Now, it seems so easy. Well....most things, anyway.

I gotta go get ready for work. Hope you have a good day.

Old 05-12-2004, 11:29 AM   #15  

I am having a good day, thanks. I took some time away from housework (really hard to do!!) this morning and my youngest DS (4) went with DH on a delivery. he didn't need our help today, but sometimes we like to just ride along. We've had rain for many a day now. Fri, Sat, and Sun. eve were all more than an inch each day. I'm such a cheapskate that my laundry is just piling up. I hate to pay for the dryer this time of year. Thankfully the sun is shining and the wind is blowing right now. My lines are full of towels and DH work clothes are going next. They are predicting sever weather for my area again today. Late afternoon early eve. I'm hoping to have tons of stuff dry by then. I know what you mean not liking to write those big checks. Our windows were $3900 and that was bad enough. At least you have the funds and you don't have to borrow. ( bright side). My washer's done spinning. T T F N

Kristi
Closed Thread