Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 11:03 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Charlotte, It's another rainy day here in WI. We actually got another 1.75" last night. At this rate I will never get my garden in. At least I don't feel so bad about not getting it done 2 wks ago when it was so nice. Most of the seeds would've washed away or rotted by now!!! At least I was able to get all my laundry done on the line yesterday. It was awesome yesterday! My 10 yo folded and put away all the laundry I washed, she picked up the living room, set the table, and helped her little sister with some things, and even made my bed! Go go go she did. On top of all that she brought home her mid term progress report and her lowest grade is a 98 andshe's actually carying a 101% in math, because of extra credit work she did "for fun". Some days it's really great being the mom!!!!
Have great day yourself. Your kife at a radio station sounds so exciting. I've always thought that I missed my calling. I LOVE to talk and honestly think I would be great on the radio. Not singing though!!! I do a little church choir and what not, but I'm definitely an added voice not a soloist lol

Kristi
Old 05-13-2004, 10:49 PM   #17  

Sounds like that daughter of yours is a keeper!! Seems to be good "mom" training! I miss my children being that young & helping me...or do I only remember them making the messes.
I know you're very proud of her....not just for helping, but, doing so well in her grades!

Well...it's raining for a few days, so work on the outside of the house is going to stop for awhile. DH has work on the job to get done, right now, anyway. He installs floor covering, so work comes & goes. That's going to be a plus in our floors also! The part of having the money...well, it's running out fast, I'm afraid. We'll just have to make it stretch as far as we can.

It's not a radio station I work at, it's a TV station. It's very interesting...I really enjoy it a lot. I have a website that tells a little about it, & shows some pics, if you'd like to go & look around. Just click on the "special friends" page at the top. I have about 11 or 12 pages....be sure to sign the guestbook, if you check it out. I've really enjoyed working on the website, & hopefully have encouraged people. Just click here:

http:www.charlotteborden.tvheaven.com

Getting late...gonna go. Hope you have a good evening.

Last edited by Angel-lover; 05-13-2004 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:30 PM   #18  

Oops sorry I messed up. I got called into work in the school kitchen today. I'm an emergency sub. I really like doing it, because it's from 6:30 am to 1:30 pm and I get called about once a month. Of course it's almost always on a day when I should be getting something else done, but that's the breaks. I get to see 3 of my children when I'm there and it's so rare that they think it's cool when I get called. The part I like about it is we can't get paid until after the school board meets yada yada so like a month after I've worked surprise a check in the mail for about $50 when you've allready forgotten you worked lol. Me and the hubby usually use it to go out to dinner with because it definitely was never figured into the budget. My youngest wiil go to 4 yo kindergarten this next fall 1/2 days. I'd like to get steady work, but then I worry what would happen to my many volunteer jobs that I really love. Right now I work just 14 hrs a week in the family business leaving me free to do all the community things I love to do. Luckily my husband is in no hurry for me to do more either. He likes it that his children's mother is the lady that's always involved in one way or another. When it comes to the kids he's very untrusting about who they can spend time with. Anyway, he DH and our 8 yo headed to scout camp tonight. I hope they have a ball!!!
You have a great weekend!

Kristi
Old 05-16-2004, 08:32 PM   #19  

Hi Kristi

Hope you've had a good weekend. Mine was rainy..but, pretty good. Been busy, which I guess you noticed. Sorry I haven't been back sooner.
I know you must enjoy your part time job. I know what you mean about getting unexpected money in the mail. Besides getting to see your little ones. I hope your DH & 8 yr old have a good time at camp!
I always dread Mondays.....they're so long. I enjoy going to the TV station, but, I have to stay so late, waiting for time for my program. I could come home & go back, but that would only tire me out more. Also, gas is so high! My 5 yr old granddaughter is going to be on the program with me tomorrow night & help me sing! She's so excited. Of course, I always enjoy "showing off" my grands.

Well...going to go & straighten the house & get ready for bed. Hope you have a good evening & Monday.

Old 05-17-2004, 09:06 AM   #20  

Hi Charlotte, How wonderful that your GD can join you on the program. You must have a beautiful voice. I so wish I could view your show! How old is the GD who will be performing with you? I'm sure it will be just terrific. I'm sorry to hear that you had rain. We finally had a Sat. and Sun. without rain. I totally blew off housework all weekend. Sat. I took the 3 children I had at home out to brkfst. It's kind of special. The place we went is where my dad always took my children before he passed. ( 4 yrs ago ) so reall only the 2 oldest remember, but even the 2 youngest like to hear the stories and know that they were there with him too. After brkfst we were off to K-Mart for a little shopping, then to the park where my 10 yo and I played tennis together for the first time. It was so awesome Charlotte, I haven't played except for in our driveway since I was 14. It's wonderful to have my children finally reaching an age at which I can share my interests. After the park wecame home and built a bigger fire ring from cement blocks zoomed the 5 wheeler into the woods and found loads of downed branches. By the time I had them the size I wanted the boys were home from a super fun time at camp. I built a big fire while my DH hauled a couple loads of feed out and then we cooked everything for dinner on the open fire. I ate way too much for someone who's trying to lose, but whatever. Right? Sun. I was so exhausted that teaching my SS class was about all I could manage, but my little honeys thought they had an awesome time and that's what counts! Thanks for your lovely letters and have a terrific Mon. ( I'm spending mine cleaning, but it's suppose to rain so what else would I do?

PAX
Kristi
Old 05-18-2004, 08:07 AM   #21  

Hi Kristi
So good to hear you had such a good time! Sounds like a wonderful weekend! You seem to be such a good, loving mom, & devoted to giving attention to them all. I'm sure it was nice going back to childhood places & telling your children about them. You must really miss your dad. I miss mine a lot. I lost him to cancer when he was only 52...I was 21. I was a "daddy's girl". I've taught my children everything I can think of about him, as I'm sure you're doing. That evening by the fire sounds great, too! Don't worry about the housework....family is more important!

The program went well. I was afraid my granddaughter (she's 5 yrs old) would be too shy...but, not so! She sang loudly & between songs, she was a motor mouth. We got several phone calls. Her dad said her 2 yr old sister got excited, & tried to get into the TV to her! They are something else.
No, I'm not a beautiful singer, Kristi...but, I do enjoy it, & my heart is in it. I think that's what reaches the viewers...they know I'm sincere & care for them. I've never found anything more rewarding, on earth, other than my family. I'm working on a new sountrack...hope it comes out soon. Although I'm recording it at our station, it still costs quite a bit of money....so, it's taking time. I'll post a pic for you to click on to see the cover. I put one out a few years ago, that did pretty well.

Gonna go....trying to cook breakfast & post at the same time. Have a great day!

Old 05-18-2004, 11:56 AM   #22  

Hi Charlotte, I'm so glad your program went well. I didn't realize your DGD was so young. I bet the audiance just couldn't get enough of her. I'ts so cute that her little sister was able to recognize her on tv and everything. It wouldn't surprise me if she even remembers seeing her. The things my children recall out of the blue sometimes knocks my socks off! You're a recording star on top of it as well. I know it wasn't your intention, but I'm totally impressed now. I listen to alot of christian music (yes even christian rock) there is nothing better to exercise too. I'm working my way to a better me while the lyrics are telling me I'm loved just the way I am right now!! I'm glad you're sending a guardian angel my Mon. was nothing like the plan. I started with a bang and then everything interupted me. Saddest part though 10 y/o DD had to come home from school, because she was sick and she is still home today as well. Slight fever, sore throat, headache. I feel so bad for her. Well, i better get something done.

Kristi
Old 05-18-2004, 12:48 PM   #23  

Hi Kristi

Sorry your day started bad, & so sorry your DD is sick today. It always hurt me so bad for my children to be sick. It's the same with my grands. We have 3 daughters & a son. The first was a set of twins....got pregnant on my honeymoon...then, they came 2 months early! Back in those days people really talked about you if they thought you were pregnant before marriage. I went through that, even though I was innocent. I wouldn't have taken anything in the whole world for my babies, though...& the Lord knew...that's all that really mattered. They were real tomboys! Every day was a new adventure! When my next daughter came along...she was very quiet. I didn't know it could be so easy to raise a child! Then, with my son, it was like having the twins again! We feel the Lord really blessed us.
Here's something for your DD...hope she gets better soon.
I'm not a big recording artist, Kristy. I didn't mean for it to sound that way. I just talk about the few things I have around me. My life right now, other than family, is this house construction, & the TV station. I'm there a lot, so that's a lot of my life. I DO love to sing....whether it's at nursing homes, churches, or the TV station. But, I give God the glory, not myself. I've found that the RA is getting worse as time goes by...& it effects my voice a lot, sometimes. I decided I wanted to do a couple of things, before I got to where I wasn't able. Not that I'm dying, or anything like that....but, RA can really get bad. If it wasn't for the treatments I take, I'd probably be bedfast, or in a wheelchair...so, I'm blessed again. I ended up giving most of my tapes away from the first that I made. Someone else sponsored it for me, so I wasn't out any money....felt like that's what I should do. I forgot to put in the cover...I'll do it this time. If you want to check out the TV station's website, it's...
http://www.unitybroadcasting.net Have a great evening!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tapec 2.jpg (43.7 KB, 25 views)
Old 05-19-2004, 05:16 PM   #24  

Oh Charlotte, Please don't misunderstand. I didn't think that you were bragging or anything like that. I'm just truly impressed whenever I hear about seemingly ordinary people doing extra ordinary things. I spent so much of my life being so afraid of what people thought of mr that I took very few risks and ended up not doing a lot of things that I now think I would've been darn good at if only I'd been brave enough. I'm right out front all the time now. I believe that God has given me a purpose and hiding in self doubt is not what it is!! Anyway, DD has strep throat, but is taking zithromax and feeling much better now. I got to work at school again today and have to go in for a couple hrs tomorrow as well. Before long the check will be big enough for a hotel room rather than just dinner. Yippee! This Sun. will be the last day of Sun. school until next fall. I love doing it, but I'm always glad to have the summer off as well. I've invited my class (12) to go bowling Sun. it should be a blast. A bowling alley just 4 miles down the road is going to open 1 1/2 hrs early for me so we can have the place to ourselves. Can you believe that. I haven't even been in the place in like 10 yrs. so it's not like I'm a great customer or anything. God just loves me and some days he likes to make easy for me!
Have a great day!

Kristi
Old 05-20-2004, 09:16 PM   #25  

Hi Kristi,

Looks like God is smiling down on you & the work you're doing! I hope you enjoy the day with your group Sunday. Also, hope your daughter is better. I know she has been terribly sick.

I was in my 40's before I really started doing things like I should, for the Lord. I hadn't even tried singing until then. I really thought my abilities were taken away to do anything in life, when I had that car wreck in '83. Little did I know, that because of that, I would end up singing & working in a TV station! I'm so blessed. Although I'm in bad health, & hurt every day....I wouldn't trade one minute of when I was healthy.

My work, like yours, is blessed of God. When he calls us to do something, he qualifies us!

I had a day out with my granddaughter (12) today. We went to get our nails done, eat, & shop. Then, I locked my keys up in my car! Oh well....I got a small lecture from my DH, but he sent DS to my rescue.

I'm very tired, so I'll go for now. Hope your day goes well Friday, & daughter is better. Praying for her.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:47 PM   #26  

Hi Charlotte, Sorry to seem like such a sloucher, but our weather here has been so bad that over the past two days I've lost 3 different posts. My garden looks like a sm pond, we have flooded roads, my children had to go into the tornado safe zones at school yesterday because there was a funnel cloud spotted directly above the school, if it were'nt for the sump pump my basement would be an indoor swimming pool!! Boy was that a pain last night. Our pump quit working at 11pm and we had to go out in the dark searching the underground gas tanks (we have a gas station, etc. ) for another one. Long story short my FIL had removed it and it was just in by the car hoist. This one though had no float and had to be manualy turned off and on every hr on the hr all night long. I shouldn't complain, because DH was the one who kept getting up, but neither of us got any sleep. It's sunshiny and lovely right now, but they are saying more rain for tonight!!! I had said in my lost post how nice it is that you take the time to share special days with your grandchildren. My mom has no interests other than gambling, from bingo to slots to penny cards with friends. She babysits once every couple months and does keep my children one at a time over night when they ask, but she would never think to invite them to do something with her. It really warms my heart to read your tellings of the wonderful times you share. They may not know it at their ages, but some day they'll no how truly blessed they are to have a grandma like you. Take care and have a terrific weekend.

Kristi
Old 05-23-2004, 09:16 PM   #27  

Hi Kristi,
Hope you've had a couple of better days. Gee,you went through a lot with all that water! I'm sorry...hopefully all is well, now.

I had a great time with my granddaughter. Even if I DID lock my keys in my car! I don't know what we ever did before the invention of cell phones! I just called DH ( he was very nice about it, although it took him 2 hours to get the keys to me.), & we got our nails done & shopped.
I'm sorry your mother doesn't spend more time with her grandchildren. She's missing so much! You DO give me too much credit, though. I've had back problems since '83, so I wasn't able to baby sit much when they were small. I couldn't lift them. My children would get angry sometimes, I know, but, I couldn't help it. As soon as they got old enough, though, I tried to make up for some lost time. I think my children have matured, also, & understand more. I have a daughter coming in tonight from South Alabama. She is going to be working close by for a week, so she's going to stay here. She's bringing the 7 yr old daughter with her....I haven't seen then since Christmas. There's another daughter that's 4 and a son who's 15. The son can't come because of football practice, & the 4 yr old said it's too far. She hates to ride. She wants us to come see her!

Well....I've got to go....they'll be here soon.

Pray for family. My husband's first cousin died of a heart attack yesterday. He was only in his 40's. We're going to have a couple of rough days. It was also my husband's 55th birthday...poor thing. Bad birthday.

Take care......
Old 05-25-2004, 02:24 PM   #28  

Charlotte, Thanks for your caring words. Things are getting brighter here. It did not rain at all yesterday. Finally! and the sun is trying very hard to peek through the clouds at this very moment. I am praying for your family. That is such a young age to lose someone and a sad news to receive on your b-day. I had a nice day Sun. saying good-bye to my SS class. We boweled three games and all went well. Last night we had our finally scout party for the season. Good food on the grill, baseball, and a wonderful advancement ceremonie complete with significant candles and a tiny bridge for the boys to cross over to their next level. We have a wonderful Cubmaster who's son is a grown man, but she still hangs in there for us. I bought her a beautiful plant and had everyone sign a card of thanks. She was so moved by such a small thing. Makes me wonder if she doesn't realize the wonderful good she is doing. It's on to preparing for soccer tonight. We have to get the news letter put together so we can get it to 4 different schools to be distributed. (saves us the postage) Tomorrow I have a field trip with 2 of my children and a wake. My best friend of 26 yrs. lost her mother Sun. She had suffered since Christmas with an inoperable brain tumor. Radiation and an experimental drug didn't even slow it down. My friend lovingly cared for her mother all but the last 6 days of her life. Those she spent in a hospice center. My friend has lived 90 miles from me for the past 22 yrs. It felt awful to not be of more help to her, but luckily she does have a wonderful friend who lives close by that helped her in every way possible. Anyway, so glad to hear your DD and GD are both going to be visiting for a little while. What does your daughter do that she travels for her work? Well, I need to accomplish something yet today. Take care and remember my prayers are with you.

Kristi
Old 05-27-2004, 09:03 PM   #29  

Hi Kristi...Thank you for your prayers. All has settled down now. The funeral was hard on the family. He was the first of that family out of ten siblings to go.
Sorry about your friend's mother. That must have been terrible for her. Also, hard on you wanting to be with her more. You are a very caring person, though, & I'm sure she felt, & still feels your love. You can always be there for her in the future. There are going to be times when she needs strength from your friendship. I'm also praying for you & your friends.

Well...I got my Remicade treatment today. So I feel at the moment! They have to drug me pretty heavily for the treatments. I'm so sensitive to the meds. I'll be better in a couple of days, & again!

I'm glad you had such a good time with your SS class. That was a very sweet gesture for the Cubmaster. Memories are being made!

Oh yeah....I remember those field trips! Enjoyed them sooo much. The last one I went on, though, was with 2 granddaughters. Somehow, riding a hot, bouncy schoolbus, & running around at an indian camp just wasn't as exciting as when I was younger! I DID enjoy being with the grands, though, & watching their excited little faces. I had to cut out the school bus riding after that, though. Saw my back wasn't going to allow it.

Well, I've yakked enough. Hope I remember I posted this tomorrow, & that it makes sense, after the treatment. Have a good evening.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:55 PM   #30  

Hi Charlotte, My field trip was alot of fun. I got to participate in the "children's circus". They dress children up like ponies, dogs, elephants, etc... and they get them to perform tricks and stuff. The kids just loved it. I was asked to be the elephant trainer. I waited all through the "elephant's" tricks and the circus people just left me sitting on the bench. I was thinking yippee they forgot about me. Not so, when the children were just about done they put a red jacket and white cap on me and sent me out behind the exiting "elephants" WITH A BROOM. I got to clean up the imaginary poo!!! Every body got a big kick out of it!!! Thanks once again for your prayers. I did survive the funeral and all. The family has mentioned getting together over the weekend, but I'm going to waite for them to call me. They may need it to be just family. Her siblings live in LasVegas and much has to be done. I hope your treatment helps you to live more comfortably!!! Have a great holiday weekend!

Kristi
Closed Thread