Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 09:02 AM   #61  
Southern Belle

Smile Tuesday continued

Sunny~

Thanks for the "food for thought". Always great to read! Thank you posting about the graphics and helping Michele get going with it. Looking good!!!!! Great speed on that walking!!!!!

Michele~

WTG with all the graphics!!!! Looking so good!!!! If Charlie is thinking what you think he's thinking, he's not the man for you!!!! Hang in there sweet friend!!!!

standnngrace~

Thanks for the wonderful words!!! Post when you can!

doitforme~Sue~

Boy, have you been busy!!! I'm packing now, be there soon to check out your campsites, I love the pines and we don't have them here in central Texas. We do have needles, but they belong on the cactus.

Hello to EVERYONE ELSE!!!! Gotta run, I'm off today but have another out of town meeting. And it's potluck, so I have to go fix a dish. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY!!!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 09:08 AM   #62  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Yeah Sherry!

So Happy for you SHERRY!!!!
Wonderful to hear that both teams did soooo well!!
They have some great leaders

Have fun at practice tonight and
Get some rest today if you can

Later...
SunnyD

Old 04-27-2004, 09:15 AM   #63  
Southern Belle

Smile Tuesday continued

Sunny~

Thanks for the "food for thought". Always great to read! Thank you posting about the graphics and helping Michele get going with it. Looking good!!!!! Great speed on that walking!!!!!

Michele~

WTG with all the graphics!!!! Looking so good!!!! If Charlie is thinking what you think he's thinking, he's not the man for you!!!! Hang in there sweet friend!!!!

standnngrace~

Thanks for the wonderful words!!! Post when you can!

doitforme~Sue~

Boy, have you been busy!!! I'm packing now, be there soon to check out your campsites, I love the pines and we don't have them here in central Texas. We do have needles, but they belong on the cactus.

Hello to EVERYONE ELSE!!!! Gotta run, I'm off today but have another out of town meeting. And it's potluck, so I have to go fix a dish. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY!!!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 10:23 AM   #64  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I LOVE being able to do these graphics, they are so cool!

Sherry~way to go on the game, sorry DH had to miss it. But please take care of yourself...

Sunny! You are so sweet, don't know what i'd do without you.....I'm going to try and get my computer at home up again and then i'll do the pics. I want you all to see my Tom and Simba!

Have to get busy today!
Old 04-27-2004, 06:09 PM   #65  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default Where'd everyone go?

Where'd you all go? I've had a fairly long day at work but the plan is to do a little grocery shopping and stop by the meat store. Then i'm going to make my broccoli/cauliflower salad and maybe some quacamole if i can find some ripe tomatoes. I'm craving avacadoes for some reason. But i'm also feeling tired tonight.......

Still no Charlie......i'm almost going to call, just because i'm curious what the heck happened. But then i've decided not to, i don't want to be with someone like that. Unless he's laid up in bed w/the flu or in a cast?.....what kind of excuse could he have? I am also very disappointed. You see, you just never know. He seemed a little too good to be true, and maybe he was.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:30 PM   #66  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Sorry

HI GALS

So sorry I haven't been here! I tried this week-end but with the change it didn't happen, then last night I posted AND ERASED it somehow--didn't have time to do it again. Don't have much time tonight either.

Quickly-- I have read all the posts and am so proud of you all! I have been so busy at work and working late too. I had the week-end off but Angie and I spent all day Saturday shopping and all day Sunday in the yard weeding, mowing etc. We just finished putting an arch together we bought yesterday for the yard.

Went to puppy school Saturday and RYLEE was on her best behavior! Angie said it was because her daddy was there and she was just showing off

With all the stuff going on here -- AND IT IS HOT!!-- I am so exhausted at the end of the day. I have had busy days at work and side jobs...it should ease a little soon though.

Brother in-law still having heart problems that the dr. can't figure out...has had to go off work..long story, but no medical or disability so he and my sis are moving back to Illinois to stay with my mom and grandma-- they can all help each other out.

Going to the Navy base on Thursday-- my goddaughter's ship comes home from Iraq.

Well I have to go-- Ron needs the pc for school-- I will catch up soon!

I love all of you!! Gary

KEEP COACHING-WORKING OUT-EATING RIGHT-WHATEVER IT IS YOU ALL ARE DOING...and tell CHARLIE ADIOS
Old 04-28-2004, 08:12 AM   #67  
Southern Belle

Smile Wednesday morning

"Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your Heavenly Father feedeth them. Are they not much better than they?" Matthew 6:26

Good Morning CEers!!!!

Well, it's a cloudy morning in central Texas with a 20% chance of rain. Coffee, is good this morning, of course, it always is, isn't that right Gary? Wasn't able to talk with dh last night (out of town) because they had some "party", I called this morning and talked for a few minutes though. My dh is not a partyer by any means and was ready to come home 10 minutes after it started but was riding with others so he couldn't.
But he will be home tonight!!!! We have missed him so much!! Mocha, the dog, is driving me crazy!!!! I will be glad when he gets home so I can get a good night's sleep. The dog wondered all night looking for him last night and then whined to get back on the bed each time.

One of my patients died yesterday with a severe case of CHF, (congestive heart failure) he had gained close to 40 lbs of fluid and the Drs couldn't pull it off. It was a very sad time for me. I have known him for 17 years and taken care of him for the past 3 years. I will continue to take care of his wife.

Dh's uncle is about the same, no worse. His different family members are trying to come in to see him, from all over the states. Thank you for your prayers!!! You are so sweet and supportive, all of you!!!!

Gary~

Good to hear from you!!! The days have been getting hotter here too. Prayers for your bil. Wow, glad to hear your goddaughter is coming home!!!! Rylee, just keeping showing off!!!!!

Michele~
Sorry, you haven't heard from Charlie, what is that boy thinking? Hope you got some tasty things while grocery shopping. Yum! Congratulations on doing the graphics!!! It's fun isn't it???

HELLO everyone else!!!!
Hope you can check in soon. I hope you aren't having the same trouble I have had with losing your posts! It's very frustrating!!! UGH!!! Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT Wednesday!!!!! Talk atcha soon!
Old 04-28-2004, 08:44 AM   #68  
Southern Belle

Smile Sunny

Sunny~

Sorry, I missed your post!!! I usually reply back until I get to my post and then I know I have posted to everyone this go round, but your post was between my two yesterday. I am sooooooo sorry!!!
Thanks for the encouragement! I hope this finds you doing well. Haven't heard from you this morning . . . . . . . . . . I hope everything is ok. {{HUGS}} Have a GOOD one!!!! Sorry, none of the graphics I tried would do anything but red x's!!
Old 04-28-2004, 11:36 AM   #69  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Peace is seeing a sunrise or a sunset and knowing Whom to thank.

Father, help me to see the beauty of today and to be thankful for what You have provided. Amen
This is from a calendar i have. Thought it was a nice prayer for today.

Sherry~Sorry about your patient. 17 years is a long time, i'm sure you were attached to him. Good that you'll still be there for the wife.

Gary~Wow, you sound busy with work and family and of course that RYLEE!! She sounds like a typical Golden, what fun!

It's going to be in the 80's today! I'm itching to get outside and enjoy it. But tomorrow we're back to maybe some rain and high in the 50's. The weather is so fickle here right now. I love the rain though too.

The produce is so beautiful right now and there's some sales i found last night. Got some really nice asparagus last night. Going to make a saute, kind of like what Charlie made for me, but no brandy!

Need direction today.......i just don't feel like working. Isn't that horrible?

Old 04-28-2004, 02:27 PM   #70  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

This was on a list, from a friend. I wanted to pass it on, incase any of you are quilters or inclined to help.
This message was on one of my quilt lists this morning:

A member of our local guild (Waldorf, Maryland) started a
"quilts for soldiers" program. These quilts are given to
wounded soldiers, when they come back from Iraq.
Due to the escalation in Iraq, there are approximately 40-48
wounded soldiers coming back almost daily. The need has
become overwhelming for our local guild. Because of this,
they have had to cut back and give quilts to only the most
seriously injured, which means they pass by some of the
wounded on the plane. So...if you would like to help out and
donate a quilt here's what you need to know:

The quilts should be no smaller than 36" x 36" (wheelchair)
or lap size (stretcher) and preferably in red, white and
blue. One of the soldiers visited the guild last month and
was moved to tears by the quilt he received. The quilts
should be mailed to me at the address below:

Carol Mitchell
9815 Hope Acres Rd
White Plains, MD 20695

I will pass the quilts on to the coordinator of the project,
who delivers them to Andrews Air Force Base.

Please feel free to share this with your local guild or
quilting buddies. Thank you in advance.

Carol Mitchell
[email protected]
Old 04-28-2004, 02:59 PM   #71  

Default Hello

Hello all I have lost two more lbs!
I really want to know how to insert graphics if you could help me out.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:10 AM   #72  

Hi VALERIE -
I posted how to do graphics the other day...
but here it is again for you (I saved the directions just in case )
Congrats on another 2# lost!!!!

I hope you see this...

*~*~*

POSTING IMAGES ~

Here we go --- (maybe you will want to print this up to follow)
Well, what I do is this...

FIRST - you will OPEN A SEPARATE WINDOW from
the window you are in at 3FATCICKS --- by going to your START & then click on your INTERNET EXPLORER another window should open up for you then...

SECOND - you use that second window to go do a search with GOOGLE or EXCITE (whatever you choose) and type in FREE GRAPHICS, or GIFS or ANIMATIONS; then once you have found a site and the graphic you want...

THIRD - you will RIGHT CLICK ON THE IMAGE and then go to PROPERTIES at the BOTTOM; then you will click on PROPERTIES... when you do you will see a box come up with an ADDRESS ~ HIGHLIGHT the address and then RIGHT CLICK on the HIGHLIGHTED AREA and then click on COPY and then OK.

FOURTH - go back to where you are now posting -in the REPLY BOX- and RIGHT CLICK where you want the image to be and PASTE IT in. Now you want to make sure you surround it with the IMG CODE in the same way you do the BOLD or COLORS, SIZE, etc. i.e.: [IMG][/IMG]

Now some web-sites will not permit you to use their images even if they are free and may block you with a code of their own... so just keep playing till you find one that will show and stay on the post. I always save my favorite sites to my FAVORITES when I find one I can use. This way when you open a separate window it is easier to go to your FAVORITES or BOOKMARK and get to the site.

That's it!

**Something else I thought I would mention...
I write my whole post as I mentioned to SHERRY earlier and then once I paste what I have written into the REPLY BOX --- I go the where I want the BOLD, SIZE, ( COLORS or IMAGES, etc.) and HIGHLIGHT the word or paragraph and then while it's highlighted, just go click on the B, I, U SIZE, or the IMG - to easily add the bracketed code I want when I want it. This way you aren't spending all your time adding them on to the beginning or the end /or/ adding it to the beginning (as VALERIE did) and not add the end code, therefore making it incomplete. Just HIGHLIGHT and CLICK it all. I frame each post in a color just by highlighting the whole paragraph or paragraph's I have written to you and then going to the color chart and clicking on the color I want... volia! So easy with this new format that the 3FATCHICKS have chosen

I wish you all the best of "LUCK"
Happy imaging

SunnyD

PS>>> Here is a great site to begin with ---
http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/index.html

Once it comes up just SAVE that page to your FAVORITES or BOOKMARK it in a way you will be able to find it again.
There are thousands of smilies here!
Enjoy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-29-2004, 08:22 AM   #73  

Hello so I once again have been MIA but I have been under some stress at work. And then I became so ill I had to go to the hospital. And my colon is inflamed. I know it is because I have been so stessed I took double dose of IBS meds and it opp. effect. I am really upset about how I have been treated by a couple of co-workers. It is a long story but the just of it is I work in a postion where I count on others to give me my breaks and lunch. Latley I am luckey if I have a lunch at 2:00 and forget breaks. I can't go to the bathroom or anything and it is starting to get to me. I am a diabetic and need to eat on time. A lot of times I eat at my desk but I still need to got to the bathroom. So I am going to sit down and talk to my boss today.

Speaking of my boss I sat down and wrote her a truthful e-mail while I was upset. I do like my boss but she has a bad habit of totaly tuning you out if she doesn't want to hear what you said. And Monday she refused to take her calls and made me be the bad guy. And then called me at home late at night to ask me about someone whom she should listened and she would have known the answer to her question. She was really hateful about it and being in that mood she got it back.....

I do have a prayer request. A 19 yr old Mike who worked at my Target jumped from 9th story dorm. He was very well liked and will be sadly missed by everyone. Please pray for his family.

Well got to run I will get caught up and post to each of you maybe friday.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:41 AM   #74  

Smile

Good Morning CER's...
I had a GYN appointment yesterday morning that was very important. The Dr. was going to lower my estrogen dose and I was a very concerned about it. I am blessed that my hubby, Joe, takes it as serious as I do and he took the day off to come with me to meet my Dr. and speak with her. It all turned out very well! She was thrilled to see a husband so involved in his wife's care and was very attentive to both of us. I am not going to be lowered again and am feeling wonderful about that! Another hurtle jumped successfully I just have to get another mammo. done and I should be fine... I feel so blessed to have a good Dr. not to mention a good husband who really cares about me!

*~*~*

Hi MICHELE -
Thanks for sharing the wonderful information about the Quilting!!
And you are so very Welcome ~ so glad you enjoy adding graphics
It's fun

I am so very tired today... much like you felt yesterday. We had quite a day yesterday after we left the Dr's office. Yesterday after my Dr's appointment my girlfriend, Peg, Joe (my hubby) & I spent the whole day out! We had lunch out went shopping at Costco and then went out for an early dinner... I hardly drank water (I am so puffy this morning!) and ate all the wrong foods! So today I begin again! I cannot believe how TIRED I feel!!!!! I will get in my walk on the T-Mill today - I didn't even get that in yesterday and I missed it! I love how good I feel when I get in my exercise and try to remember that when I don't feel like exercising... like this morning

We will both get back on track today, okay Michele?

Oh... our weather is going to be about the same as yours... we are suppose to get into the 80's today too, but then cool down again by Sunday. Well, that's to be seen, it changes so quickly around here! Very unpredictable weather in N.E. Ohio!

Hi SHERRY -
That's okay... I know you didn't forget me, you just had allot on your mind. I too am sorry to hear about the loss of your patient of 17 years... I am sure his wife appreciates your care and 'friendship'!

Hi GARY & ANGIE -
Bet you are so excited to see your God-daughter!!!! I am so glad that she is able to come home! I find myself in tears all the time over this war!! I am so happy for you!

Continued *Prayers* for your D-BIL!!!

Hi SAMI -
So good to hear from you!!!! So sorry to hear that you had a bad bout again with your gut! Ouch!!! I KNOW how that pain feels! I think you speaking to your boss about your health and well-being is very important!!! If you don't speak up for yourself, who will?!? I will hold you in prayer that all goes well today... as far as your co-workers, I wouldn't take them to heart. Most people are so full of their problems they have little compassion for others. Thank the Lord for exceptions... You just take care of YOU!

Special *Prayers* for you & for the family & friends of the 19 yr old, Mike. Oh my goodness... how very, very, very hopeless some of our kids feel today. My heart aches for them! *Prayers!*

*~*~*

Well gang, I have to get off and get a bite to eat and
then get in my T-Mill this morning...

*God Bless you all!*
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-29-2004, 08:46 AM   #75  

Post "Our Daily Bread"

Zechariah 4:6
"Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit," says the Lord of hosts.

*~*~*

It needs to be said again and again: It's not what we do for the Lord, but what He does through us that enlightens and enriches others. We must be satisfied to be a bright and shining lamp, drawing from the hidden resources of the indwelling Spirit of Christ. Our role is to help others see the glory of His light. And we must remember daily that every demand placed upon us is a demand placed upon Him.

*~*~*

Help me, dear Lord, to be honest and true
In all that I say and all that I do;
Give me the courage to do what is right,
To bring to the world a glimpse of YOUR Light.

*~*~*

Let your light shine --- whether you're a candle in a corner
or a lighthouse on a hill.

*God Bless your Day*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Closed Thread