Old 03-10-2015, 10:16 AM   #1  

Default Feeding the Flesh = Lean Spirit, Fat Body

Feeding the Flesh = Lean Spirit, Fat Body

Day _____________________________ Date _______________________________

In the last study, we learned what the Bible means when it talks about the flesh. We learned how our flesh can come between us and our relationship with God. Now that we have defined the word “flesh,” how do we keep it under control? The answer is to simply quit feeding it!

What happens when you feed something? ___________________________________

It grows! When I am tempted to overeat or worry about my weight, the temptation begins as a thought, a smell, or a small suggestion. Then I start feeling sorry for myself, imagining that the food will never be that tasty again, or that I will never be skinny! I think, “I just can’t do it! It’s too hard. I was born with less willpower than most.” Then I start seeing myself eating. I can smell it, feel it in my mouth, and imagine how it feels when it slides down my throat. Before I know it, the flesh covering my heart has developed into a full-fledged lust. I start to ache for it; I need the food, and I think that I will die if I don’t get it. I can’t get if off my mind. If something happens to thwart my plans for eating what I want, I get very annoyed.

James 1:14, 15 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

This is what happens when we feed the temptation. It grows and grows, until it’s unmanageable; and the sad thing is, the more that you feed it, the emptier you feel.

In the paragraph above, I have described what happens to my thoughts when I get tempted, and I feed the flesh covering my heart. Use the space provided below: Be honest, think about, and describe what goes on in your mind when you are being tempted to overeat or worry about your weight.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

If you need it, use more paper.

Look back over what you wrote, and circle all of the negative words that you used. I bet most of them were. The next time that you are feeling tempted, try the following exercise: Think of Jesus being right next to you. Now, personally thank Him for making this temptation so easy to resist; and for strengthening you. Tell Him that you know, when He says in His Word, “Our weapons can demolish strongholds,” you believe it. Use your rich imagination; instead of thinking about how good the food will be, look off into the distance of your mind and see a big cement wall. Imagine that the wall is your stronghold (stronghold means: vice-like grip or an iron grip), or you can imagine your stronghold as chains around your body. Think about you and Jesus looking at the stronghold. Suddenly, it is smashed to smithereens; you and Jesus laugh together, because it feels so good to be free. Thank Him for your freedom and your time of fellowship.

If you were to replace the negative images that you felt and wrote about above with this new, positive picture, would it be easier to resist? I think sometimes when we pray, we feel that it doesn’t go any further than to the back of our lips; and we don’t believe that God will really help us right now; maybe later. But prayer is so powerful; actually, I am going to rephrase that and say that believing that God will answer your prayers is very powerful.

2 Corinthians 10:3-6 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

When you allow your mind to wander to forbidden places, you are asking for trouble. That’s why Jesus said that even thinking about lusting is a sin, because that’s where sin begins.

The children of Israel allowed gossip and bad attitudes to rub off on them. They forgot to count their blessings, and to trust God. They fed their discontent and made sure their neighbors were fed big, healthy portions of negativity, too. If you are only looking at what is wrong with the situation, and you’re allowing negative thoughts to overwhelm you, it’s like a vacuum; it sucks the life out of you.

READ: Numbers 11:1-15 & 31-35

The People Complain

Now when the people complained, it displeased the LORD; for the LORD heard it, and His anger was aroused. So the fire of the LORD burned among them, and consumed some in the outskirts of the camp. 2 Then the people cried out to Moses, and when Moses prayed to the LORD, the fire was quenched. 3 So he called the name of the place Taberah, because the fire of the LORD had burned among them.

4 Now the mixed multitude who were among them yielded to intense craving; so the children of Israel also wept again and said: “Who will give us meat to eat? 5 We remember the fish which we ate freely in Egypt, the cucumbers, the melons, the leeks, the onions, and the garlic; 6 but now our whole being is dried up; there is nothing at all except this manna before our eyes!”

7 Now the manna was like coriander seed, and its color like the color of bdellium. 8 The people went about and gathered it, ground it on millstones or beat it in the mortar, cooked it in pans, and made cakes of it; and its taste was like the taste of pastry prepared with oil. 9 And when the dew fell on the camp in the night, the manna fell on it.

10 Then Moses heard the people weeping throughout their families, everyone at the door of his tent; and the anger of the LORD was greatly aroused; Moses also was displeased. 11 So Moses said to the LORD, “Why have You afflicted Your servant? And why have I not found favor in Your sight, that You have laid the burden of all these people on me? 12 Did I conceive all these people? Did I beget them, that You should say to me, ‘Carry them in your bosom, as a guardian carries a nursing child,’ to the land which You swore to their fathers? 13 Where am I to get meat to give to all these people? For they weep all over me, saying, ‘Give us meat, that we may eat.’ 14 I am not able to bear all these people alone, because the burden is too heavy for me. 15 If You treat me like this, please kill me here and now --- if I have found favor in Your sight --- and do not let me see my wretchedness!”

The LORD Sends Quail

31 Now a wind went out from the LORD, and it brought quail from the sea and left them fluttering near the camp, about a day’s journey on this side and about a day’s journey on the other side, all around the camp, and about two cubits above the surface of the ground. 32 And the people stayed up all that day, all night, and all the next day, and gathered the quail (he who gathered least gathered ten homers); and they spread them out for themselves all around the camp. 33 But while the meat was still between their teeth, before it was chewed, the wrath of the LORD was aroused against the people, and the LORD struck the people with a very great plague. 34 So he called the name of that place Kibroth Hattaavah, because there they buried the people who had yielded to craving. 35 From Kibroth Hattaavah the people moved to Hazeroth, and camped at Hazeroth.

These folks had a bad attitude from the beginning. They weren’t even three days out of Egypt when they started complaining. Kibroth Hattaavah means grave of lust; God was furious when His people insisted on more than manna and lusted after meat to this degree. It’s a sickening passage about meat still stuck in their teeth; it describes our lust for food perfectly. The meat meant more to them than anything. They worked night and day to gather it. The thing that most turns my stomach is that I see myself in them.

Exodus 15:22-24 So Moses brought Israel from the Red Sea; then they went out into the Wilderness of Shur. And they went three days in the wilderness and found no water. 23 Now when they came to Marah, they could not drink the waters of Marah for they were bitter. Therefore the name of it was called Marah. 24 And the people complained against Moses, saying, “What shall we drink?”

Murmuring demonstrates a lack of trust in God, and He sees lack of trust as rebellion. In Exodus, the Bible talks about the “mixed peoples,” who were with the Hebrews when they left Egypt (Exodus 12:38 & Numbers 11:4). Some of the Egyptians probably saw what God had done for the Israelites. They witnessed how God took care of His people with the plagues and such, and they wanted to jump on the bandwagon. When things hadn’t gone as they expected, though, they complained and their bad attitudes spread; it even affected Moses. He was so upset that he asked God to kill him!

When Christians, including myself, let their minds wander and don’t control their thoughts, they become discontent. They forget the lonely, sad part of being unsaved. We let one little thought of mistrust take root, then we water it with some self-pity; we fertilize it by telling everyone around us about it, then everyone around us starts to think that God is letting him or her down. Together, we all murmur about how upset we are. It grows and grows. Before we know it, we hate going to church, we hate our ministries and the people we work with, and we make sure that we let everyone know it. The same is true for depression; when I was depressed, I would dwell on all my negatives. I hate to say it, but for some perverted reason, it felt good to dwell on it; it sucked me in.

God will frequently give those who will not wait and trust Him to provide for their needs over to their lusts. He will let them have what they think they need so much, and when He does, they realize how empty their souls are. The Israelites fell into a feeding frenzy. Their lives were shortened by their lust for food, and so are ours when we eat too much.
The great commentator of the Bible, Matthew Henry, said of Numbers 11, “What brutish sins gluttony and drunkenness are! They make that to hurt the body which should be its health .”

If you feast your flesh, you starve your soul.

1 Corinthians 10:1-13

Old Testament Examples

Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, 2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 3 all ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ. 5 But with most of them God was not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted. 7 And do not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.” 8 Nor let us commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell; 9 nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents; 10 nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer. 11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. 13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

God called their lust for more food than they needed “lusting after evil things”.

READ: John 6:22-29 On the following day, when the people who were standing on the other side of the sea saw that there was no other boat there, except that one which His disciples had entered, and that Jesus had not entered the boat with His disciples, but His disciples had gone away alone --- 23 however, other boats came from Tiberias, near the place where they ate bread after the Lord had given thanks --- 24 when the people therefore saw that Jesus was not there, nor His disciples, they also got into boats and came to Capernaum, seeking Jesus. 25 And when they found Him on the other side of the sea, they said to Him, “Rabbi, when did You come here?”

26 Jesus answered them and said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled. 27 Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.”

28 Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”

29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

Later on in the same chapter, READ: John 6:35-59 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.

40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Rejected by His Own

41 The Jews then complained about Him, because He said, “I am the bread which came down from heaven.” 42 And they said, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How is it then that He says, ‘I have come down from heaven’?”

43 Jesus therefore answered and said to them, “Do not murmur among yourselves. 44 No one can come to Me unless the father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’ Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me. 46 Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father. 47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”

52 The Jews therefore quarreled among themselves, saying, “How can this Man give us His flesh to eat?”

53 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. 56 He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. 58 This is the bread which came down from heaven --- not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.”

59 Theses things He said in the synagogue as He taught in Capernaum.

In verses 26 and 27 from the above passage, Jesus was saying, “You are looking for Me, not because you think that I am the Messiah, but because I fed you.” Then they asked in verse 28, “What do we need to do to be doing the work of God?” And Jesus responds by saying, “Believe in Me.”

Murmur is another word for complain. When you complain about any aspect of your life, what does it show about your trust or belief in God? __________________________

You may say that you trust God, but if you complain about anything, it shows yourself and others what you really think about God’s provision. I have complained and worried and fretted. I go on-and-on, and then finish with, “But I know everything is in God’s hands.” No, I don’t; if I did, I would talk about the wonderful things that God has already done, and I would remember how faithful He has been in the past. I would help myself to remember by singing and praising Him.

If you are sincerely seeking counsel, prayer, or you want to share what God is doing, it’s okay to tell people the troubles in your life. But you and I both know that there is a difference between sharing and complaining.

We need to train ourselves to praise God. That’s how we stop feeding the flesh; by remembering the mighty works of God, and by putting food out of our heads. We have become so good at visualizing ourselves eating the unneeded food that we can taste and smell it before the first bite. We see ourselves losing the battle. We need to retrain ourselves to replace that vision with one of us enjoying life and keeping busy with our ministries; it will take some practice, but before you know it, it will come naturally.

When you are in the throes of temptation, do you see yourself eating? Can you taste it? In the space below, describe a typical mental picture that you might have when you envision yourself eating.

__________________________________________________ __________________

I was so good at seeing myself failing; I could taste, see, feel, smell, and almost hear myself gorging. I didn’t even realize that I was doing it.

Proverbs 3:5, 6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

When God wants to teach me something, He usually puts things across my path repeatedly. He started by showing me books and TV programs. I had conversations about positive-imagining or visioning. I prayed and told Him that I didn’t have the imagination to do that, but He showed me how my vision and imagination were rich. I would use almost every one of my senses to visualize myself overeating, so He told me that I needed to imagine myself winning instead. It isn’t easy; it is a skill that you have to learn. Most importantly, pray and read the Word. Usually, if you desire something that you don’t need, it means that you are spiritually-hungry.

Most of the Old Testament saints spent three times each day with God.

Daniel 6:10 Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went home. And in his upper room, with his windows open toward Jerusalem, he knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as was his custom since early days.

Psalms 55:16-19
As for me, I will call upon God,
And the LORD shall save me.
17 Evening and morning and at noon
I will pray, and cry aloud,
And He shall hear my voice.
18 He has redeemed my soul in peace from the battle that was against me,
For there were many against me.
19 God will hear, and afflict them,
Even He who abides from of old. Selah
Because they do not change,
Therefore they do not fear God.

By feasting on Jesus, we strip that flesh off of our heart.

John 6:48-51 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”

Don’t spend time thinking about how hard it is or how long it’s going to take or that your spouse isn’t complimenting your weight-loss enough. When we let our thoughts go in a negative direction, it’s harder. This is what happens to me when I get depressed. The thoughts start to develop, and I begin to cultivate them, watering them; they grow bigger and bigger, and I feed them faster. I start getting madder or sadder, and before I know it, I can be in a full-blown depression for days. God has protected me so many times from myself. It’s only when I call on Him and start following Him that I can pull out of it. But sometimes, I don’t want to pull out of it, because Satan is so seductive. Thank God that He has never forsaken me. Remember, God feeds our soul. We need to steer away from negative thinking, and we need to think positive.

When you believe that you can’t lose weight because you have less willpower than others, what does that say about your belief in God? __________________________

When you believe that you can’t lose weight, you are saying more about your faith in God than you are about your faith in yourself.

Philippians 3:12-21

Pressing Toward the Goal

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. 16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.

Our Citizenship in Heaven

17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern. 18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame --- who set their mind on earthly things. 20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

Philippians 4:1-8 Therefore, my beloved and longed-for brethren, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, beloved.

Be United, Joyful, and in Prayer

2 I implore Euodia and I implore Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. 3 And I urge you also, true companion, help these women who labored with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the Book of Life.

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Meditate on These Things

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy --- meditate on these things.

We are being perfected, so press on. Grab hold; just do it, and let go of the past. We all have them; even Paul had his past. Forget about it, and reach for the future and what lies ahead. God has a plan for you. Let go of the plans that you have for yourself, and quit feeding the flesh. Our flesh will always take the path of least resistance. Discipline your thought-life by taking control. Because of Satan, our thoughts will automatically default to the negative; you have to capture those thoughts.

Psalms 1:1-3
Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.

3 He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.

Psalms 27:13, 14
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the LORD
In the land of the living.
14 Wait on the LORD;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD!

Also

Psalms 23:6
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD
Forever.

When your thoughts turn to the negative and you start to worry, you actually believe in the things that you see and not in the things of God.

I love how God uses nature to demonstrate His care for us. The Bible says that all nature praises Him, and the following story illustrates it beautifully. It is from Our Daily Bread .

It was written by Julie Ackerman Link on May 13, 2008.

For 3 months, I had a ringside seat --- or should I say a bird’s-eye view --- of God’s amazing handiwork. Ninety feet above the floor of Norfolk Botanical Garden, workers installed a webcam focused on the nest of a family of bald eagles, and online viewers were allowed to watch.

When the eggs hatched, Mama and Papa Eagle were attentive to their offspring, taking turns hunting for food and guarding the nest. But one day when the eaglets still looked like fuzz-balls with beaks, both parents disappeared. I worried that harm had come to them.

My concern was unfounded. The webcam operator enlarged the camera angle, and there was Mama Eagle perched on a nearby branch.

As I pondered this “reframed” picture, I thought of times when I have feared that God had abandoned me. The view in the forest heights of Virginia reminded me that my vision is limited. I see only a small part of the entire scene.

2 Corinthians 4:18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

When you imagine yourself failing, you see it; and you believe in the failure, trusting that you will fail. But you’re really trusting that God will fail you.

Isaiah 30:12-15
Therefore thus says the Holy One of Israel:

“Because you despise this word,
And trust in oppression and perversity,
And rely on them,
13 Therefore this iniquity shall be to you
Like a breach ready to fall,
A bulge in a high wall,
Whose breaking comes suddenly, in an instant.
14 And He shall break it like the breaking of the potter’s vessel,
Which is broken in pieces;
He shall not spare.
So there shall not be found among its fragments
A shard to take fire from the hearth,
Or to take water from the cistern.”

15 For thus says the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel:

“In returning and rest you shall be saved;
In quietness and confidence shall be your strength.”
But you would not,

Psalms 106:13-15
They soon forgot His works;
They did not wait for His counsel,
14 But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness,
And tested God in the desert.
15 And He gave them their request,
But sent leanness into their soul.

Acts 14:17 “Nevertheless He did not leave Himself without witness, in that He did good, gave us rain from heaven and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.”

Romans 6:12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.

Romans 13:14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

You put on the Lord Jesus Christ by deciding to think positive thoughts about Him, and by pushing the negative thoughts out of your head. People can only think about one thing at a time, so make sure your thoughts are all positive.

Galatians 5:16-18 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Ephesians 4:21-23 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,

Matthew 10:27-31 “Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops. 28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in ****. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.”

Remember where your strength comes from. Don’t let those negative thoughts stay; capture them. Satan is a liar, and one of his biggest lies is to tell you that you’re not in control of your own thoughts. You are! Remember to have more faith in God’s power than in Satan’s influence.

Psalms 59:16, 17
But I will sing of Your power;
Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning;
For You have been my defense
And refuge in the day of my trouble.

17 To You, O my Strength,
I will sing praises;
For God is my defense,
My God of mercy.

READ: Psalms 106

In light of today’s study, what was the Scripture or statement in today’s lesson that most spoke to your heart? __________________________________________________ __

What steps of faith does God want you to take towards Him today? ______________

Rephrase the Scripture or statement into an expression of faith ___________________

Memory Scripture:

John 6:27 “Do not __________ __________ the __________ __________ perishes, but for __________ food __________ __________ to __________ life, which the __________ __________ __________ will __________ you, because __________ the __________ has __________ His __________ on Him.”
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote