3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Faith is a huge part in my life. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/297296-faith-huge-part-my-life.html)

Reginakelly9 06-27-2014 12:09 AM

Faith is a huge part in my life.

Hi, this is my first time using this website and I have been searching for support groups but it's hard to find in this day & age. First off, my name is Regina and I'm 19 years old and I am currently in college. Not to boast, but growing up I was a great athlete. I played many contact sports and was naturally fast, muscular, and thin. I ran competitively (5:00 min mile & 2:16 800m & 18:45 for the 5k) but like many student athletes, I had to quit my sport in order to focus on earning my degree. It was bittersweet but I definitely made the right decision

Anyways, I have always been worried about my weight. I've suffered with depression lately and a huge part of overcoming it will be losing weight. I am 5'6, and about 150ish lbs. I used to always be 120. If I put my mind to it, I lose weight rather quickly. I go back to school in late August, and I truly want to change my lifestyle around/be happier. I know that losing weight won't solve all my problems, but it will help me to deal with my problems better...instead of going to food for comfort, etc. This past year I have grown in many ways. I want to start a new healthy chapter of my life leading into my 20s. These next years should be the "prime" of my life, and I do not want to be sitting on the sidelines. I know healthy eating, portion control, and exercise...however sometimes you just can't get the mindset to balance all 3. I would love for some encouragement/tips/advice/help/any users who have a similar situation or are around the same age.

I just sometimes think I can't do it or it will never happen. And they always say "don't give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about". I think about this actually an unheatlhy amount. I have trust in God, and I pray reguarly/know that he is leading me on this journey...but why can't I seem to continue with my goal? Sorry guys, thanks for everything.

My goal is to lose around 30-35 pounds. I don't want to yo-yo diet or starve myself but however..eating a low amount of calories and exercise works for me. Please NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ABOUT STARVATION MODE. I have truly read it all and those only contribute to my ANXIETY. Once I lose the weight, I will either maintain what I have been doing or slowly add calories back in.

I have been exercising and eating around 1,000-1,200 calories per day. Thanks guys

Fit@50 06-30-2014 12:31 AM

Hi Reginakelly9 - Welcome. I'm new here too.

I think you have it right when you talk about not wanting to yo yo diet. As a career yo yo dieter, I can tell you it creates nothing but heartache in the end. I hope you find the support you're seeking. This looks like a great place to start.

Best of luck to you :)

jmh6251 09-28-2014 07:07 PM

Welcome Reginakelly9; I have only just started posting regularly. And I find that it helps,because nobody will sit and listen to me and my diet struggles. Your struggle with weightloss sounds so familiar I've been there. I know I can't do this on my own strength. Since I have put this solely in Gods hands it has made all the difference. It hasn't been easy I want to take it away from him and handle it myself, but I can't. My prayer is that you find a solution that works for you.