Prayer Warriors-All Faiths-2013 part 3

You're on Page 9 of 16
Go to
  • Praying for Tim and all medical personnel, for wisdom and guidance.
  • Thanks Bargoo. How are you feeling?
  • Karen-Prayers continue! I'm sure you're glad that the cancer is operable and that things are progressing toward healing. God will carry you both through this.
  • Hello, Prayer Warriors.
    I usually post on Chicks Up for a Challenge, but I have a prayer request. My brother was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia a week ago. He has started a brutal chemo treatment plan (hyperCVAD) and our hope is for remission and bone marrow transplant. Please pray for his healing and for the strength and comfort of our mother. We believe in miracles.
  • Tabbycat-Prayers going up! Please keep us posted on him and you and your mom, too. We know the whole family suffers and is impacted by cancer. God bless!
  • Tabbycat- Praying for your brother, and your family!
  • Well, we didn't get the happy news we were expecting from the surgery. Once the surgeon got in there he saw that the cancer had spread to Tim's liver and determined removing the tumor on the pancreas was a higher risk than leaving it. They did remove his gall bladder which was full of stones. But told us that chemo is not very successful with this type of cancer. He is stage 4 and the decision to do chemo will totally have to be up to him. As the surgeon put it to me he will need to choose the quantity of life or quality of life. So it wasn't good news at all. He should be released from the hospital on Saturday. Just wanted to come and give an update
  • Karen-I am so sorry to hear the diagnosis. Will be keeping you and Tim and your family in my prayers. Enjoy life, love, and the time you have together. God is with you and He will give you both support and comfort through this time. Prayers and hugs for you both. Wish I could do more.
  • Quote: Well, we didn't get the happy news we were expecting from the surgery. Once the surgeon got in there he saw that the cancer had spread to Tim's liver and determined removing the tumor on the pancreas was a higher risk than leaving it. They did remove his gall bladder which was full of stones. But told us that chemo is not very successful with this type of cancer. He is stage 4 and the decision to do chemo will totally have to be up to him. As the surgeon put it to me he will need to choose the quantity of life or quality of life. So it wasn't good news at all. He should be released from the hospital
    on Saturday. Just wanted to come and give an update
    Glad you trust us with the update so we know how to pray,just to remind you of my situation, You know how long I have been posting here since having cancer I first had breast cancer, which spread to my bones then spread to my brain followed by nodules on the lungs. At this time they offered me hospice or chemo I chose chemo, I saw my oncologist this week and he was quite pleased to say the chemo is working I don't tell you this to be bragging but may give you a little hope, I am stage 4 too Don'g give up your trust in the Great Physician I hope you have a good prayer team in place, I will be praying for you too ,My experience may not be your husbands just sharing so you can see what mat happen you never know with this disease.
  • Karen- You and Tim will be in my prayers!

And this may sound kooky- but research the baking soda cancer cure. I have a relative with cancer and a friend of family with cancer that both tried it and one has stage IV ovarian cancer. Initially they told her she had a 50% chance of living two years. She did the baking soda thing and it shrunk her tumors prior to surgery and now they tell her she has a 90% chance of 5 years. I know this sounds like an internet hoax, but it's cheap and has no downside, so maybe try it? It's just baking soda and molasses or baking soda and maple syrup. The theory behind it is that cancer cannot survive an alkaline environment, and cancer feeds on sugar. The mix of the baking soda (which turns the body alkaline) and the maple syrup or molasses is that the sugar in the syrup gets pulled into the cancer cells but they also pull in the baking soda and that kills the cancer cells. There's different recipes on the internet for it but they are pretty similar.
  • Quote: Karen- You and Tim will be in my prayers!

And this may sound kooky- but research the baking soda cancer cure. I have a relative with cancer and a friend of family with cancer that both tried it and one has stage IV ovarian cancer. Initially they told her she had a 50% chance of living two years. She did the baking soda thing and it shrunk her tumors prior to surgery and now they tell her she has a 90% chance of 5 years. I know this sounds like an internet hoax, but it's cheap and has no downside, so maybe try it? It's just baking soda and molasses or baking soda and maple syrup. The theory behind it is that cancer cannot survive an alkaline environment, and cancer feeds on sugar. The mix of the baking soda (which turns the body alkaline) and the maple syrup or molasses is that the sugar in the syrup gets pulled into the cancer cells but they also pull in the baking soda and that kills the cancer cells. There's different recipes on the internet for it but they are pretty similar.
    I have never heard of this either.Where do you get information ?
  • Thanks Bargoo, I just feel like such a mess right now. Nothing I seem to do seems to be the right thing. I find myself all teary more than anything right now I have had a few meltdowns just by talking to strangers where I would break down and cry. As I am writing this I am all teary but I know I need to be strong and support him in anyway I can. It isn't going to be easy and I'm sure I will end up some times just walking away instead of saying things that I will regret. I know he is going to lash out and I'm the closest to receive it. I won't fight and won't argue so I see myself taking lots of drives or walks with my little poms. But know it isn't going to be easy. Thanks for the prayers and I know god has his plan.
  • Stay strong, Karen. Lean on your Christian friends.
  • What have you heard of the "Matthew 4 Protocol"? My Aunt gave the book to read about it and I just thought that I would see if you have heard of it or know anything about it.
  • Tabbycat here.

My brother John got a poor prognosis for his acute lymphoblastic leukemia. He has the Philadelphia chromosome which means the cancer is less likely to respond to chemo and more likely to recur. We are 16 days into treatment and he is not making good blood cells yet. Please pray for him and for his elderly mother who will not leave his side.

Karen, I will be praying for you and Tim.