Old 02-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Karen, keeping Tim in prayer and you as well.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Karen I pray things will be favorable for the cure. Also praying for you as you walk through this with your DH that God will give you the strength you need to help him be strong and have a positive attitude in Christ through this. I have often heard that that is key to these situations. Prayers continuing your way. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Bargoo You are always in my prayers.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:51 PM   #108  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Please send up some prayers for my mom, again. She's completely delusional and the increase in meds is not working. i really don't know what's going on, but am wondering if she may have alzheimer's along with the schizophrenia. I'll probably have to go to the court tomorrow to file committal paperwork. She's accusing me of stealing from her and trying to have her arrested. She believes that people are 'gassing' her in her home again and getting in and telling her to do things while she's sleeping. This is the first time in a long time that I've felt such despair over this situation. I really don't want to have her committed, but she's going to harm someone or herself if this continues. Probably, I'm just feeling sorry for myself, wishing I'd had a normal mom and had more happy times to remember. Please pray for her.

Prayers continuing for Bargoo, Karen & Tim, and all other needs.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:28 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Ronni, I am sending lots of prayers your way. Be strong and realize that this is a disease and not in anyway your fault. Pray about it and do what you feel is the right thing to do. Stay strong and I'll continue to send good thoughts

Tim goes tomorrow for more blood work and then we need to go to Kansas City again on Thursday for a PET scan of his throat. They said there is an enlarged area around the lymph nodes. Praying that it is something different and the cancer hasn't spread.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:28 PM   #110  

Prayers continue for all!!!
Old 02-26-2014, 11:23 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Ronni my Mother went through that with her Mother ,she tried to stab my Mother with a butcher knife and just laughed! Claimed Mama was stealing from her. My Mom put her in a nursing home for safety of all. I know it is hard to see loved ones go through this but sometimes a person has to take hold of the reins to protect them and others. Karen still have you in my prayers.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:27 AM   #112  
wishin' for sun!

Just wanted to post that prayers are continuing for all needs!

Bootsie-What was your grandmother's diagnosis? Sounds like it was a very difficult time for your mom-so sorry that had to happen.
Karen-Prayers continue for you and Tim.
Bargoo- Prayers always for you!

I had to have my mom committed in Feb. but the doctor did not keep her in the hospital more than 3 days. She is now court-ordered on meds and psych visits, but is already trying to find a way to manipulate her new doctor into taking her off the meds. I have basically been disowned, but, right now, that's ok. I'm tired of the situation…I know it's probably wrong to feel that way, but I feel it's gotten to the point that she's going to have to give herself "enough rope to hang herself" and then, the court will order a guardianship or inpatient treatment. I am worried that she has a neighbor who seems to be taking advantage of her and asking for money, but, again, I'm going to have to wait that one out and just see what happens. Her neighbor is younger than me and able-bodied, so could work, but seems to choose not to, but keeps telling mom she needs money for groceries. But, Mom seems to have 'adopted' her as her new daughter, since I did the horrendous act of having her put in the hospital. Oh, well, I know God will work in this situation---He's our all-powerful strength, even over mental illnesses!

Thanks for all your prayers! Keeping you all in mine! God bless!

Last edited by ronni62; 03-12-2014 at 08:29 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:06 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Ronni the doctors we had then 1960's did not really give a diagnosis for Nanny except she was getting old. I hate that saying blaming everything on old age. Nanny did end up with cancer in the nursing home.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #114  
wishin' for sun!

Bootsie-My mom's condition also developed in the mid-60's. She was diagnosed manic-depressive (now called bipolar), but now we know it was actually schizophrenia or a combination of both. She was originally treated with shock therapy, which caused her to lose some of her recent memory, including recognizing her children. She had no idea who I was when she came home from the hospital, even though dad had tried to tell her. She never really tried to connect much with me through my childhood and mostly criticized, especially about my weight. The mental health community has learned a lot over the years, but still isn't anywhere near where they need to be in treating and controlling mental illnesses. Very sad situation still.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:19 PM   #115  
wishin' for sun!

I have a prayer request-One of my sons' football coaches fell while on spring break and fractured his skull. He's in a hospital in Texas, has had brain surgery to fix a brain bleed and is starting rehab. He's still having problems swallowing, so he can not eat or drink anything, and there are some other issues, such as needing assistance walking, so, obviously there has been some kind of brain damage. He is married with 2 small boys. His wife is with him, but the boys are at home with relatives. Please pray for quick and complete healing for him. Not sure of his faith at all, but doubting he's a believer at this time, so pray also for him/them to come to know Christ through this. Thank you!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:44 PM   #116  

Ok. Tim has to have another CAT scan today. And then we have to come up next Tuesday and Wednesday ( will stay overnight) Tuesday is more tests ( the scope through the throat again to see what stage the cancer tumor is now) and Wednesday they will meet with him again and start chemo. This will all be done prior to getting his surgery done at KU. He meets with the surgeon on Thursday. Keep the prayers coming. Thanks--I am so tired today. just feel worn out
Old 03-21-2014, 10:06 AM   #117  
wishin' for sun!

Karen-I'll be lifting you both up in prayer as well as the docs! Get your rest and keep strong. God will get you through this! Hugs for you!
Old 03-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #118  

Prayers continue for all.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:26 PM   #119  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Prayers sent for Ronni, Bootsie and Karen on all concerns.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:32 PM   #120  

We are back at the lodge and I didn't run over anybody. The Dr. that did the endoscopy said the opening that he needed to go through was smaller than the end of the scope so he wasn't able to get all the way into the lower intestine. But he said the cancer has expanded but is very operable. Which he was able to tell from the CT scan. He called Tim's Dr immediately so everything is set to meet with the surgeon on Thursday Will still meet with his Dr on the morning and they will determine if they still want to start the chemo before the surgery. Tim says he would rather wait until after the surgery