3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers-November 2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/289402-christian-encouragers-november-2013-a.html)

ronni62 11-03-2013 06:39 PM

Christian Encouragers-November 2013

:angel:Welcome Friends :angel:
--------------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a
beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

ronni62 11-03-2013 06:45 PM

Launched the November thread and wanted to begin with giving thanks. It's our Thanksgiving month here in the US. I know Canada had theirs in October, but it's never too late to give thanks, so I'm starting off telling everyone how thankful I am for this site and especially this group/thread of encouragers! I'd not have made it as far as I have in my health journey without you all!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Prayers continue for Bargoo & Rosebud and your families. I sure hope you both get a chance to pop in to see that we're all thinking about you and praying. Miss you both!

God bless!

pattygirl63 11-04-2013 12:01 AM

Thanks for starting the November thread Ronni62. I too am thankful for this thread and how everyone is there for each other. I have been thinking about our Thanksgiving too and how much I have to be thankful for.

Prayers continue for Bargoo, Rosebud and their family as well as all the prayers of others here. I pray we will hear from Bargoo and Rosebud soon and pray that everyone is doing well.

ronni62 11-06-2013 08:39 AM

Good morning, everyone! We're having some cold temps this morning. There was snow to the NW of our area. My MIL got an inch or so of the white stuff--not ready for that at all! Our son's football team has made it to the state quarterfinals, which will be on Friday. Hoping they can go all the way this year, but they've gone farther this year than the last 4 or so years, so it's good! Gonna be cold, but it's a home game, so that'll be nice.

Then, on Saturday, it's Senior Day at DS2's football game, so DH can go to all the football meetings and meal, plus we get introduced with him at the game-he's in a student coaching position, since his knee dislocated and he couldn't play any longer. Can't really believe he's a senior in college and will be out on his own shortly!

Experimented with a new recipe yesterday. Because my mom had made chocolate chip cookies for everyone else, I decided to try making them with no wheat flour & no dairy. Used a recipe out of a new cookbook (Against All Grain) and modified it just a bit. The cookies are great! Made using almond & coconut flour, coconut oil, and dairy-free chocolate chips. I just made a small batch, so I won't overdo it on calories, but they are really good, especially for someone who hasn't had homemade cookies in over a year!

Going to head to town later to return a couple things, plus get a few groceries. Not a whole lot going on. Must figure out something for supper, but not sure what sounds good yet.

So, I'm rambling. Hope you all have a great day! Keeping everyone in my prayers, especially Bargoo & Rosebud. God bless!

VGibs1981 11-06-2013 05:14 PM

Just joined and immediately started looking for a Christian support! So glad to have found some!

ronni62 11-06-2013 07:56 PM

VGibs-:welcome2: Glad to have you with us! I see you're from Ontario. We have a couple others from Canada also. This is a great place for support for our weight loss challenges and for any and all concerns. We have a prayer request thread also, so feel free to bring requests to the prayer warriors.

Hi, again, to everyone else, too! Got my town chores done today with little problem, which is always nice:) So, now, I'm just chillin' in front of the tv. I've become addicted to Survivor and have always liked Criminal Minds, so tonight's my veg-out night. Hope you all have a great evening! God bless! And, as always, prayers going up.

Bargoo & Rosebud-missing you a lot. Sure hope you're both doing ok with chemo. Praying without ceasing:hug:

JaysDays 11-09-2013 07:55 PM

Hi,
I am on the road to weight loss. I need support and would like to offer support too. I am glad to find a Christian group.

bargoo 11-10-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaysDays (Post 4880350)
Hi,
I am on the road to weight loss. I need support and would like to offer support too. I am glad to find a Christian group.

Welcome and good luck.

KAIJAH 11-10-2013 03:02 PM

Hello. I just found this thread and as glad to see a christian thread. I am a minister so I'm truly happy to find you all.

ronni62 11-10-2013 04:05 PM

JaysDays & KAIJAH-:welcome2: Glad to have you here!

Bargoo-Hope you're doing ok. Glad to see your post. Prayers continue:hug:

Rosebud-prayers continue for you also and for your DH. Miss you!:hug:

ronni62 11-14-2013 08:05 AM

Well, today's a big day for us….DS3 and his football team are going to the state semi-finals today! The team they have to play is really good, but these kids have proven themselves this year, so we're hopeful they may be able to pull off a win and head on to the championship! They play the same team today in the same semi-final game that our DS2 did 5 years ago, but our guys lost that one. He got revenge on one of those players last weekend, when his college (where he's a student coach) pulled off a huge upset and beat the #1 ranked team where one of the stars from that high school team now plays. It was fantastic! Could be a good sign ;)

Either way, win or lose, it's hard to think that these are my boys last games, as they're both seniors. DS3 has no intention of playing college football, so our football days will be over this week or next. When DS2 and we were introduced at his game last week, it was hard to control the tears. DS2 was very choked up, knowing his college career is nearing the end…unless he'd be offered a permanent coaching position, but not sure he'd want to go that way right now. Lots of changes happening this year:cry:

If you get a chance, DH has an interview today for a different job in his plant. He wants the job, but not sure he should take it if offered, due to issues in the past with the person he'd be working most closely with. Most of you know about the fraud/attempted firing, etc from last year, so won't revisit that, but that's the guy he'd have to work with. He's not sure what to do, but decided to interview anyway. I kinda take the 'put out the fleece' method and feel that if God means for DH to be in this job, He'll leave us no doubt and will make sure it gets offered…otherwise, they'll offer it to one of the other guys. I also believe that, if DH does get the position, God will have his back.

Hope you all have a blessed day! Prayers going up, especially for Bargoo and Rosebud and families. God bless!

ronni62 11-18-2013 02:00 PM

Hello, everyone! Hoping everyone's having a nice autumn, praising our Lord & giving thanks, and successfully following all eating plans;)

Our DS3's team lost last week so high school football is done--part of me is happy for the break, but it was sad for it to end on a low note. Glad they did so well, though, and got to the semi-finals! Soccer doesn't start until March, so we have a bit of a break, as DS3 doesn't play any winter sports, although he'll be continuing his weight-lifting in a couple weeks after his broken hand gets some more time to heal.

DS2's team is going to the play-offs! They are soooo happy!

We went to MN yesterday and helped my MIL move furniture to her garage, because she's getting new flooring in her living, kitchen, dining rooms, and hallway this week. Her furniture is kinda old and worn and we hate to have to move it all back in on new floors, but none of us can afford to get her all new. Might check out what some of the local second hand shops have, but, of course, have to be very careful with 2nd hand furniture. She does need a new stove, badly, so we might get her one for Christmas--the simple gas ones aren't too expensive right now.

Having some nice weather, but cold. Very sorry about all the storm damage and deaths in IL, IN areas yesterday. What a tragedy. Plus, so many gone in the Phillipines and massive clean-up needed. Prayers for all involved.

Must get to work here….just having a hard time getting motivated today :p

Hope you all are having a nice day! God bless!

Javagal84 11-20-2013 09:21 AM

God bless all here,
I'm thankful for this forum and Christian encouragement.
Thank You Lord for Your faithfulness and mercy.

Myself I need to lose 35 lbs. past efforts include Atkins, weight watchers, and the weigh down diet (Shamblin). Support like the groups here means all the difference.

Have a blessed day.
Javagal84

ronni62 11-20-2013 04:34 PM

Javagal-:welcome2: Glad to have you here!

mountain walker 11-21-2013 03:44 AM

To my sisters in Christ.
Praise God for the provision of strong Christian women to support each other and join in prayer.
We can do all things through Him who strengthens us.
Have a good day.
Love and prayers from the Welsh Mountains.

ronni62 11-21-2013 08:55 AM

:welcome2: Mountain Walker! Glad to have you here!

Well, winter has come….supposed to get some more of that white, flaky stuff today…last week's went away quickly, so hoping today's doesn't overstay its welcome :lol:

The situation with my mother is not improving, so I will probably have to go to attempt a court order for committal. As I was reading in Colossians this morning, I realized that part of the problem with her is that she worships herself as an idol. Even though I know it's also the disease, she is unwilling to accept, even when on the meds, that she actually has a disease that affects the way she sees the world around her. She worships the way her mind is rather than accept that God gave her doctors and family who want her to be helped and normal and not paranoid and hallucinating. I know Satan has much to do with the thoughts she has, but she's never been willing to accept that, even though she has accepted Christ. She just will not let go of the irrational thinking that her mind is right and it's the rest of the world that's wrong. Right now, she's in the stage where she believes she's been toxically exposed and has become ill because of it, when, in fact, she's probably suffering from withdrawal from going off the meds without tapering. There is a remote chance she's had a reaction to the meds, but she had been taking this particular one for about 6 months without problem, so no one really thinks it's a new reaction. Problem is that she refuses to go to her psychiatrist or any doctor and said she'd refuse treatment if I called for an ambulance. Yesterday, she told me not to even come to her house, so, not sure what I'm going to do today. Prayers appreciated greatly!

Otherwise, as usual, we just try to go on with normal life…preparing for Thanksgiving, but we think we're actually going to go to MN and go out to eat with DH's mom and sisters this year, which will be kinda weird. I'm sure I've never gone out to eat for Thanksgiving before, plus, with all my food allergies, I probably won't actually be able to eat at the restaurant they're going to, so I'll just bring something of my own;)

Well, hope you all have a blessed day! Prayers continue for our dear friends Bargoo and Rosebud, as well as for all other requests mentioned on the Prayer Warriors thread. God bless!

Justwant2Bhealthy 11-21-2013 12:22 PM

==================================================

HI ALL!!!

Just wanted to come in an say HI to you all; so glad to get back on net. A lot of people (GOD BLESS THEM HAVE BEEN WORKING IT. Please ignore my typos unless they are in Hungarian; then they may be a message from GOD.

I am in a beautiful hospice house; in a 4 Seasons hotel actually; It is comfortable and friendly. tHEY ARE TAKING GOOD CARE OF ME WITH Mama Wendy HELPING.

bargoo 11-21-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy (Post 4887715)
==================================================

HI ALL!!!

Just wanted to come in an say HI to you all; so glad to get back on net. A lot of people (GOD BLESS THEM HAVE BEEN WORKING IT. Please ignore my typos unless they are in Hungarian; then they may be a message from GOD.

I am in a beautiful hospice house; in a 4 Seasons hotel actually; It is comfortable and friendly. tHEY ARE TAKING GOOD CARE OF ME WITH Mama Wendy HELPING.

Thrilled tor hear from you. God bless you and remember you are in my prayers as well as others.

mountain walker 11-22-2013 05:21 AM

God Bless you Just wanna. I pray for your healing and remaining with the Father's loving arms around you.
Ronni 62 I am so sorry you are going through such an difficult time with your Mum. I am not sure what she has wrong with her but my Mum had a type of early dementia which started in her late 50's and initially she became deeply unpleasant and selfish.We had never had a great relationship (long story) but it became progressivily worse.
I would love there to be an easy answer but all I can say is take every offer of help, support and prayer from anywhere that it is offered and you will survive.
God Bless you.

ronni62 11-22-2013 08:41 AM

Rosebud-Hello! So happy to hear from you and glad you are in a nice place with lots of help. I am keeping you & your DH in my prayers constantly. Love you and miss you! :hug:

Well, I have a major praise to share today! My mom, ON HER OWN, called her psychiatric nurse practitioner yesterday and got in for an appointment (they knew there were problems because I had called them a couple days ago asking for advice). Mom ASKED to go back on her old medication which she feels gave her fewer side effects, so her nurse will be coming to give her injections every couple weeks. This is the first time, EVER, in my 51 years, that Mom has asked and willingly gone back on the meds without being forced or court-ordered. The ONLY way this could have happened is from God answering our prayers, so thank you all so much! Keep praying that the nurse gets there today, so Mom does not have time to change her mind by Monday.

Mountain Walker-To answer your question…my mom has bipolar schizophrenia and has had it since I was very young (and probably before I was born). She has never willingly taken the meds, as she has always believed that she has no illness and it's everyone else who's 'sick', so for her to go to her doctor to get meds (she had gone off them again a couple weeks ago, plus had gone off them earlier this year after a court order expired and she ended up state-committed…long story) willingly and independently is quite amazing and I know that only God could have caused this change in her attitude. Thank you for asking and for your prayers!

Hoping everyone has a nice day! We have a dusting of that white, flaky stuff again this morning…oh, well, I guess it really is winter. God bless you all!

Justwant2Bhealthy 11-22-2013 08:51 AM

PRAISE TO OUR GOD! For so many miracles & answers to prayers ... same goes out for you! :hug:

Just had a nice shower and BF comes soon too ... ;)

mountain walker 11-23-2013 05:25 AM

Ronni 62, Praise God for His answer to prayers. How difficult it must have been for you especially as a child.
I have mental health problems myself and know how difficult it is to be a good parent when the fog descends. Thank the Lord I am now stable and under the care of an excellent psychiatrist.
God Bless

Justwant2Bhealthy 11-23-2013 07:25 PM

well I watched some figure skating and tv today just to pass time. its hard to find enuff to pass time but we are trying my best. watching some hockey right now between Detroit and Ottawa our capital team.

sister will bring some cards and games when she comes next; tomorrow im sure.

Dove9802 11-26-2013 04:42 PM

Hi Everybody,

I'm so happy to have found this thread. I'm really in need of encouragement and support. My feelings about loosing weight is something I don't really feel comfortable sharing with most people. But I know its not good to keep all of these emotions bottled up. I'm having a really bad eating week this week and it hurts my feelings. But I know that God is still good! I look forward to joining this group!

Justwant2Bhealthy 11-26-2013 07:44 PM

:hug:DOVE -- yes, it is hard; try not to take it too personal; we all struggle with this issue so it can't be personal for us all. it's a group thing really it is .... praying for you for peace ..... :hug::hug::hug:

pattygirl63 11-26-2013 08:20 PM

Dove I used to be my own worst enemy because I've gained and lost weight so many times that I absolutely hated myself for it and I was so sure that God was disgusted with me as well. Yes God is GOOOD!!! But the thing that has helped me is when I learned that God loves me so much that He loves me JUST LIKE I AM. I haven't learned to love myself as much as God wants me too, but I am better than I used to be. I had to learn this because I am great at taking others, but I didn't believe that I deserved to take care of me. I've learned that God expects me love myself enough to take good care of me. He doesn't get mad at me if I eat something that is off plan. It doesn't make Him turn His back on me. In stead, He wants me to ask Him to help me and then trust that He loves me enough to help me. I am not always successful at trusting my eating guidance from Him, but I can guarantee that when I do remember to ask Him and then trust Him, I eat healthier and I eat only as much as I need.

The big thing I know now is God loves me whether I stay on plan or not and He loves me no matter what I weigh. We have to learn to STOP BEATING OURSELVES UP. I pray you have a great journey.

Bargoo and Rosebud Love seeing you 2 hear again. You are such a great inspiration to all of us. You 2 are very much loved. Prayers continue coming your way.

Justwant2Bhealthy 11-27-2013 01:27 PM

:)Dove -- thanks, really appreciate your prayers and kind words; the day passes slow for me at times; will have a wee nap for awhile now as I tire easily, Pray healing right chest muscles from coughing phlegm .... thanks .....:hug:

Quote:

We have to learn to STOP BEATING OURSELVES UP. I pray you have a great journey.

TRISH -- I so agree with that .... :hug:

ps, I am feeling so much better today; just gotta get the breathing as per ususal going to bed and moving ---- thanks!!!!!!

Justwant2Bhealthy 11-29-2013 03:48 PM

My cuz ANGIE and i had a super duper sleep-over;; so happy she came .... :hug:

Dove9802 11-30-2013 10:00 AM

Hey Everybody. I hope you all had a blessed holiday. Thank you all so much for the kind words and encouragement. Grace and Peace everybody!

ronni62 12-03-2013 10:41 AM

Please go to new December thread :)