Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCajun View Post
Can A Catholic join?
Of course, all are welcome,.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #32  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BARGOO -- yes, my scars represent the battles I have survived. The Spina Bifida surgeries were a battle against pain and enabled me to continue to walk for my entire life. I am a cancer/tumor/chemo survivor; and I am so grateful for that. I am an overcomer and that's worth celebrating, IMHO.

TAM -- everyone is welcome here; I have seen you around the site before. My DH is Catholic and sometimes, I went to his church with him.

Two nice ladies from our local Anglican Church came to visit us this afternoon and gave us communion right in our home. I knew these ladies for years and years, as they were friends of my mother's too. They sure had a lot of good information for me; and they were both full of life experiential knowledge, that's for sure. I am so grateful that their church has decided to start a home visitation program at this time; just in time for us. Both our parents were originally Anglican, and my sister (a qualified Church Army Pastor) and her DH (an ordained priest) work for this church denomination.

My eating has been going well; I have only had two days where I made some mistakes (yes, the stress was getting to me), but I am back on track now. Gotta just forgive myself and move on. As you know, the walking has been going fabulously and I am sure that will make up for any occasional eating errors. Tonight, I went to the lake by myself as DH wanted to nap instead. I made it there just in time to watch the sun setting -- so nice!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #33  
outside is not inside

S/C/G: Starting Weight:250/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Finally!!!

Good Morning all! Well I FINALLY did it, after at least 3 years of trying to get out of the 250's I am at 250!!! I has been a struggle but there is hope!!! Off to pray in church before work. Have a blessed day!! Tammy
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #34  
To be fit for my King!

S/C/G: 194/170/130

Height: 5 ft 3 in

HI Tammy, welcome and happy for you.
Pray for me as I seem to have lost motivation to lose weight.
I am sick with a sore throat and chest congestion, fatigue, etc.
whirlybird68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #35  
outside is not inside

Default Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird68 View Post
HI Tammy, welcome and happy for you.
Pray for me as I seem to have lost motivation to lose weight.
I am sick with a sore throat and chest congestion, fatigue, etc.
I will most definately pray for you!!! So sorry you are sick, not a good time to be sick with flu/cold like symptoms. Hubby and I have realized that we are not getting any younger and if we want to live to be older we need to start taking care of ourselves, we do not like having diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc. I know God can heal us, but since we did it to ourselves we do not see why He should, so we just pray everyday for the grace to do the right thing and make the right choices. Hope you feel better soon- Tammy
Old 08-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 221/215.4/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Tammy. Glad to have you here. I understand how you feel about not liking being diabetic. DH and I are fighting this battle too, but we are improving. I seem to have my motivation back. I have the same attitude as you, I know that other than the diabetes that I am basically healthy so I better get things straightened out so I can live a better quality of like.

whirlybird68 WELCOME. Sorry you are ill. I'm sure that is why you are feeling so bad and feeling so not motivated. Just take good care of yourself right now and plan to get back OP 100% when you are well. I will definitely be praying for you.

Rosebud So glad you were able to spend some time at the lake. Sounds like a very good peaceful time for you. Hope things are going ok.

Bargoo Thinking of you and praying for you. Mentioned you to one of my friends at church who is still going through treatments she has to do before reconstructive surgery after the cancer treatments is praying for you.

Some of you know that I've really struggled finding a plan that I feel that I can live with for the rest of my life. I've known what I needed to do, but just couldn't get with it. But I believe that I finally have my motivation back especially since I need to help DH get on a good plan to get his diabetes under control. I can't explain it, but suddenly I have the plan that will work for both of us and I feel so good about what we are doing. I really believe it is all because of y'all praying with me about all this when I felt so low and just couldn't seem to want to do anything. OH WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE.

We are having a fall celebration tomorrow to kick off the school year etc and it is a day Pastor is starting a new series called Stand What will you Stand for. I've been inviting my beautician for quite some time and she promised that she would come tomorrow. Last Sunday as we sang the first song before we greet and really get into the service I told Tony, "Hey that is Jessie, our docs nurse". She told us Monday at our appointment that she will be back that her kids loved I-Kids and she enjoyed the service because she could understand everything the pastor said and so did her daughter. Can't take any credit for her coming as I was surprised when I saw her. During greeting time I did go say hi to her and she was so thrilled to see a familiar face. I know how she felt... been there done that myself.

Y'all have a blessed Sunday tomorrow.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #37  
Rosebud

WHIRLY -- praying that you will feel better real soon; and the motivation will return as well.

TAMMY -- congrats on hitting the 250 mark again; every milestone matters!

TRISH -- so glad to hear that you have found a plan that works for you and your DH. I am back into my groove again too. As I had said, I had a couple of days where I slipped, but I got back on track the very next day. Eating bigger meals and smaller snacks is helping me too. I am getting more walking in and going to bed earlier too; all of this is working well for me.

DH is doing much better -- my doctor listened to me and doubled his meds when DH was in his care recently; and that seems to have helped a lot with his hallucinations and fears. I have seen such a huge improvement over this month, mostly in the area that affected his moods. A neighbour commented that he is so much quieter now; and doesn't get as upset as before, so I know it isn't just me noticing the difference. He needed this peace so badly; and when he is at peace, we all are ... as it has a ripple effect. Indeed, PRAIZE GOD for answering these prayers for us!!!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-24-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #38  

Hi, This is my first time on the site hope to find some good Christian support. Have you heard of the Lords table, it an online interactive site that offers bible based support for weight loss with their 60 day Lords table course.
SimpleeMee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:06 AM   #39  
Rosebud

Quote:
Have you heard of the Lords table, it an online interactive site that offers bible based support for weight loss with their 60 day Lords table course.
Simplyme -- Yes, we have; many times. There is at least one or more threads about it in this very forum, if you want to do a search and revive one. Unfortuneately, the followers don't seem to stick to the thread long-term and it drops off the front page eventually. Not sure why that is ...
Old 08-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 221/215.4/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Just checking in. We are doing fine. Heard from my oldest DGS yesterday and I'm going to have my 1st great grandson due Dec 30th. I told him that I would try to go see him in January after he is born. I have 2 beautiful great granddaughters who just moved to CA. I am so excited about the great grandson. I was there when first great granddaughter was born although I can't be there for the birth for the baby boy, but am going to do my best to get there after he is born.

Tammy Re-reading previous posts, I realized that I forgot to Congratulate you on getting under 250. So CONGRATULATIONS. I am struggling to get under 230. Sure would love to be at least in the 220s when I see the doc again.

Rosebud So glad that your doctor listened to you and upped your DH meds and so thankful they are working. The song you shared was beautiful. I'm not sure that I've heard it before.

Bargoo and others

Last edited by pattygirl63; 08-26-2013 at 08:58 PM.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:50 AM   #41  
To be fit for my King!

Thank all of you ladies for well wishes.
I am pulling through it finally.
I started school today for nursing, so now I will be very busy with school and work.....long hours.
I am hoping to start incorporating more veggies and fruits. I just ate a salad after work tonight. It's really a financial issue mostly.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #42  
outside is not inside

Had breakfast with a friend of mine yesterday and when I got home I realized that I did not take ANY of my meds! Too busy running my mouth! Lord, please help me because my brain cells are dying and my fat cells are thriving!!! Have a blessed day all!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #43  
Rosebud

Cajan -- How do we get that switched? I want my brain cells to rejuvenate and my fat cells to abate. Can you carry your meds with you next time you go out?

TRISH -- a few things are improving for him; but not the main problems but at least he seems to understand us a bit more. Whether this lasts remains to be seen. He is still confused though; he keeps forgetting this is his home.

WHIRLY -- wish you the best in your nursing course; and hope you can get some more balanced meals real soon. It's not a good idea to starve those brain cells if you want to be able to study well; some protein with that salad would help (but I know you know that).

We went up town to shop and run errands today; getting lots of bargoons with careful shopping. The battery charger for the weed-whacker was finally there, so we can use it again. I picked up an alert bracelet for DH -- sent it out to be engraved with Alzheimers and our phone number. That will take about 3+ weeks to get done.

I was still able to go for my walk after dinner. I waited a little later and it was a lot cooler to walk than earlier in the day with the hot . So I really did lots of walking today; once I'm out there, I really try to push myself as much as I can. It's really all I can do right now; and if I break it up into small spurts like that, I can do more over the day.

Gonna go to bed ealier tonight though, to rest my right knee which has been giving me a little grief lately. Think that I strained it going up a steep hill last week, so it will need lots of time to rest. I am still doing stuff around the house; sorting and rearranging things. We have been getting rid of stuff a bit at a time -- thank goodness (junk mostly).

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-27-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #44  
To be fit for my King!

Cajun, you are too funny!

Rosebud, thanks for the info. I am eating grapes as i type.
I made roast rice and gravy with carrots and potatoes for the kids today and ate some myself at about 4 pm, then I worked. Better than eating it after work and then going straight to sleep.
I also made it to YMCA and swam for a while today and soaked up some vitamin D, felt great.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #45  
outside is not inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
Cajan -- How do we get that switched? I want my brain cells to rejuvenate and my fat cells to abate. Can you carry your meds with you next time you go out?

).
The sad part is that my meds were in my pocket in my pretty little yellow pill box!