Old 03-30-2015, 08:12 PM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers- All Welcome

Hello! Looking for some fellow Christians ... Who want to meet here to encourage each other on this journey. We will support each other, through the ups and downs of life. While providing a place that helps keep us focused and motivated. Please post and lets get started. Getting motivated..

My name is. Sue... I have a long journey ahead of me... But I am focused.... I am a happy go lucky lady, that is happily married and even though I am as busy as can be..... I am a youth group leader... And I supervise a group home...for the handicapped... I also assist my mom with all her DR.apts. and getting out and about..and work full time job. But I have decided its time to get back on track... I am counting calories and am using fat secret as a free site to keep track of them. Hoping to find a few friendly motivated people to join me and then we can work on this together. Keep in each one motivated and focused! I am here.... Waiting on you... Don't be shy... Go ahead and post!! And have a blessed day..

Last edited by doitforme; 03-30-2015 at 08:21 PM.
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/170/135

Height: 62 in

Hi,
I have been looking around the internet for a place to find encouragement for my weight loss journey. I came across your post. I hope you are still here.

I need to lose about 30-40 pounds. I am short so all that extra weight makes a huge difference. I hope we can chat.
Mayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

Hi,
I hope you come back ... I guess I need support as well.
Do you have a specific diet plan you are using?
auntnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 02:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 342/342/130

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy Needing Guidance

Hello Everyone! I am new to this whole thing. Anyways, I need to lose a TON of weight. Started back at the gym and started gaining weight. I have been searching through scripture attempting to find just that right verse to help me boost my mind. It's not working. Anyone have anything?

Last edited by untamable_mare; 05-26-2015 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Needed a Title
untamable_mare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 11:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

Hi,
Have you ever read the book "Made to Crave" ? It is a great book explaining we all are designed to crave something and that should be the Lord. That is part of it. When we turn to food for comfort or whatever, we should be turning to the Lord.

The other part is finding out if there is any reason for the gain or is it just over eating under exercising. I have tried a few eating plans and found out some things about loosing I didn't know before. If you are interested in some of that, let me know.

Psalm 34:8
O taste and see that the Lord [our God] is good! Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who trusts and takes refuge in Him

Last edited by auntnelly; 05-27-2015 at 11:58 AM.
auntnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/188/138

Height: 5'5"

Smile Hello!

Hello! My name is Laura and I am excited to be here. I am in the beginning phases of using Sugar Busters with a desire to decrease my insulin requirements and lose about 50 pounds. I know that I can do this only with the help of the Lord. I am excited to see what He is going to do.
LRAQUILA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:04 PM   #7  

Hi fellow followers...
Nice to know you are all here and that we can support each other. I have always struggled with my weight and I have never really given it over to the Lord...sheesh! So now that I am in my 60s I am finally wiseing up and letting Him into this area of my life. I guess I always thought I could handle it or I just ignored it. Well those have gone on too long and now I am earnestly dieting and learning new habits. Whew! it is tough! Thanks for being there. I shall return...
Elstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/210/125

Laura and Elstyle,
You're doing great! it's good to see fellow believers on this thread.
FluffyFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:42 PM   #9  
Started IP P1 Aug 7 ,15

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello,
Just wondering how everybody is doing in their weight loss journey. What has been some of your biggest struggles?
mandasquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/210/125

My biggest struggle is lack of good feedback from the scale. Three weeks ago I started a plan that is:

1. No sugar
2. Only lunch and dinner
3. No snacks

We eat dinner at about 5PM so that means I'm doing "intermittent fasting," too since it's always about 18 hours from dinner to lunch the next day.

The first week I lost 4 pounds. Since then -- nothing.
FluffyFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 300/300/140

Height: 5,4

Hello all. I have a very very long way to go. I weigh in at around 300 pounds. I want to weigh 140. I'm a compulsive overeater and a food addict, so please pray for me, because this will not be an easy journey for me. I'm at a breaking point right now. I have a job where I'm on my feet all day long and sometimes, my bones feel like they're about to snap under my weight. I cannot gain a single pound. I can only lose from here.

I plan to read "Made to Crave". Hopefully, it will be God's answer to my problems.

I am, also, starting to follow the 8 Hour Diet. I prayed to God for a budget and husband friendly weight loss solution and that day, I found that book at the Dollar Tree.

My Rules:

1. Little to no sugar.
2. Calorie counting.
3. Intermittent Fasting.

If it's okay, I'd like to check in here most or some days just for accountability purposes.
shrinkinglindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:50 AM   #12  
Started IP P1 Aug 7 ,15

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

HI Shrinking
Let me know what you think about made to crave. I've thought about reading a few times but haven't purchased it yet. Accountability is good so whatever you find easiest for accountability is a good thing. A few things that I have learned that have helped me:
1) I need to change the way I look at food in general
2) I need to track everything that I put into my mouth accurately, I purchased a kitchen scale and use it and measuring cups to measure everything because my approximation of serving sizes was inaccurate. I also use an app, my preferred one is my net diary to log all my food and vitamins for the day along with my weekly weigh ins
3) Be fully committed, there will be some difficult situations but knowing that you are working towards the goal and don't want to go backwards make it easier to stay on plan
4) Get creative with recipes so food doesn't get boring

I would caution you a bit on your plan though. Having little to no sugar is good but watch your net carbs as you generally want to keep them lower with higher protein. Calorie counting is good so find a way that makes it easy but make sure the calories you are getting are the right kind because having a low calorie count but having them all come from high fat foods isn't as effective. I'd be cautious about intermittent fasting as it can be really hard on your body especially on a reduced calorie diet and can actually impede your weight loss efforts.

Best of luck to you, it's a long tough journey but the pay off is definitely worth it.
mandasquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:10 PM   #13  

Smile

Hello: I start every year with the good intention of losing weight. I started again today and hopefully will be successful. With God's help I know I will be. I don' have anyone to buddy with so I'm on my own on this journey. I decided to set a realistic goal of losing 5 pounds in 2 - 3 weeks with the ultimate goal of losing 40 lbs. Have a blessed day everyone.
Faithfull1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:27 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/192.6/110

Height: 5ft 4.5

I found my faith a few years ago now, but can honestly say that it just never occurred to me to see the spiritual side of dieting... perhaps that’s why it’s never worked for me before! I now read the daily (diet) devotions after the day’s Mass readings and feel like I have an energy to succeed that was perhaps lacking before.

I’m excited to incorporate daily fasting into Lent this year too.

God Bless and good luck to all on your spiritual health journeys x
VeryBerry1 is offline   Reply With Quote