PRAYER WARRIOR's Thread 2013 continued ...

You're on Page 3 of 35
Go to
  • ronni Will contiue the prayers for the young girl and her family. I don't know much about cancer and especially not about anything concering bone marrow. I'm equally sure the docs have looked at everything. However, I will mention this anyway. Years ago before I met or knew my Pastor, he had a type of cancer that required some sort of bone transplant. He came close to dieing before they reallized he needed one, I guess. However, it turned out that his younger brother was a match and saved his life. I don't know if something like that even applies to Jenna, but I thought of it when you mentioned she has a twin sister. Will definitely be praying for her and family.
  • ~\
    THANKS EVERYONE ~ for your prayers and words of support & encouragement; they mean a lot to me ...

RONNI ~ prayers continue for JENNA and her family. You know, this happens a lot when taking chemo. My uncle's potassium levels kept going too high on him, and I have to watch my B=vitamin intake -- some is OK, but too much has negative side effects for me.

BARGOO ~ yes, that's one of my favorite verses and is in my little notebook of encouraging verses that I keep near me every day. I also have praise and healing verses in it; and two pages of thanks and gratitude to start things off right from the start!

^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours, as always ...
  • PRAYER REQUEST ~ My AUNT sent me a few requests for relatives and friends ... MRS. JEAN SKIDMORE has been diagnosed with cancer; JEAN GILES has cancer as well; and NORM BOUVIER has pneumonia and sepsis infection -- this can be very serious. Please pray that our doctors can find the cause and the right meds to help NORM and anyone else who gets this condition. Another fella only 40 years old got this and died from it here, leaving behind a young, grieving family. THANKS, WARRIORS!!!

PLUS, I just got a call from my Sil that our Bil, TOM MOOREHEAD, is having his second cataract surgery today; they will be leaving shortly to go to the city for that. I know they both will appreciate prayers that all goes well for TOM, so his sight can be restored -- and we THANK GOD that the first one went well too!

Here's the link to the ANGEL song that I put in the Encouragers Thread -- I thought it would be nice for other Prayer Warriors to hear, as I think you are all angels too ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvDBjNG_pws
  • Prayers going up for MRS. JEAN SKIDMORE & JEAN GILES for doctors to have wisdom treating them successfully so they can be cancer free; and NORM BOUVIER has pneumonia and sepsis infection docs to have wisdom find the cause and treating with the right meds to help NORM and a quick recovery and for TOM MOOREHEAD to have successful surgery and recovery.
  • Prayer needs are many but God is able.
    Praying that all needs be met.
  • Another update from Angie:
    It's been a week since Gary was discharged from the hospital and has been in skilled nursing. He got pnemonia and an infection in his bloodstream. The anitbiotics seem to be working and he is getting a little stronger everyday. He looks forward to his daily physical therapy. We're just trying to stay positive and take it one day at a time. He gets antibiotics, I get vodka!!
  • Continued prayers for all in need......
  • Thanks Angie. Continued prayers for you, Gary and family.
  • THANKS, ANGIE ~ for the update on GARY; sorry to hear that he has pneumonia as well, so we are upping our prayers for that and the infection as well as for strength & complete restoration of his health in general. Prayers for you & and your family too ...

Sooo, we had to cut my hair yesterday as it was so fine and falling out so fast that it turned into a tangled mess (resembling a rat's nest, I'm sure). My heart was in the right place, but Locks for Love couldn't use it becuz of that. I am now sporting an interesting bob; my sister did the best she could since she isn't a hair dresser -- and it isn't knotting up anymore at this length (just below my ears). I have some bald spots in places, so just moving it around for now. Later on, this bob will turn into a pixie cut, then I don't know what after that ...

PRAIZE GOD, I had great fortune when we went shopping after my blood tests on Wednesday, and found 5 nice head wraps at a Trading Post of all places. They just happened to have them in the hair accessories section. They had every imaginable color, so I am all set there. I saw a young male singer on the net wearing one -- seems they are becoming a popular hair accessory these days.

THANKS so much for all your prayers for us, and our family & friends, etc. Prayers continue for you and yours too ...
  • Rosebud, sorry Locks of Love didn't work out but you will certainly be blessed for you intent . I think you will look quite striking with your headscarves. I do see people wearing them who don't actually need them, they might have hair.
    The most important thing is your health and you and your doctors are doing everything necessary there. I continue to pray for complete healing for you.
    Also praying for other requests that you and others have requested. Praying that Gary will be healed of pneumonia and this infection and that cancer will be completely gone.
  • PRAYER REQEST for me ~ my chemo had to be cancelled and postponed this week becuz my blood platelets are too low. They were 229 but fell down to only 60 which is way under the normal level of 150. If we fall under 100, we can't have the chemo. So, I have to wait a little longer until my body can recover the normal levels again. Plus, they will also be reformulating my chemo meds to help with that too.

I also have to take a higher IRON supplement as it is quite low as well; and I have to put my legs up more, as they have been swelling up more from the chemo. Next Monday, we'll check the levels again and have chemo the next day, only if they are up again. I appreciate your prayers; thanks so much.

Here's that lovely song I told you all about in the Encourager's Thread; it's about our LORD. I am putting two versions in as I think they are both lovely; enjoy ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KXp5nGBre4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiXZYiyB1L4
  • Thank you for the songs , you are right they are both beautiful. I am praying that your blood platelets will be up where they should be for chemo. Praying that all side effects from chemo will be lifted so treatment can continue.
  • Rosebud-- sorry about the locks of love but God knows your heart was there. I will keep you in my prayers that the blood platelets are up and you can continue with your chemo. I just listened to both of the songs you posted and loved them both. I shared them on my facebook page. Thanks so much.

Prayers continue for all.
  • Continued prayers for you Rosebud....
  • Quote: Thank you for the songs , you are right they are both beautiful. I am praying that your blood platelets will be up where they should be for chemo. Praying that all side effects from chemo will be lifted so treatment can continue.
    I agree with Bargoo in this prayer for you Rosebud.

Prayers continue for all.