3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers ~ FEBRUARY 2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/274800-christian-encouragers-%7E-february-2013-a.html)

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-15-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Reminds me of the old saying: When you're up to your buns in alligators, it's hard to remember that the prime objective was to drain the swamp.
:lol: RONNI -- that is so true! YES, I also believe that everything happens for a reason; and we all are supposed to be learning valuable lessons thru each and every experience we go through here on earth. Remember JESUS' words ... HE/she THAT OVERCOMES, will receive special rewards ... pp! See Revelations Chapters 2 & 3 (seven are mentioned there alone).

He also reminds us in John 16:33, that "HE HAS OVERCOME THE WORLD AND ALL IT'S TRIBULATIONS" pp (troubles and trials).

We are also being tested to see if we will (1) listen to Him, (2) trust Him, (3) obey Him by keeping his commandments & doing what He asks us to do, and (4) be faithful to Him, no matter what. He told us ahead that it wouldn't be easy; but He has offered us His help and His divine Peace, while we are going through these worldly problems.

We had one of those rough days here as well; DH still has trouble accepting that he can't drive anymore. So, he was very agitated; and I really had to remind myself of my strategies and prayed throughout the day. I decided to do a bit of housework as that has always helped me to get my mind off things. So I dust- mopped the floors in the am; and washed them lightly in the afternoon. My BIL and sister have all kinds of time-saving stuff here to make the job a whole lot easier.

Then for dinner, I made a Mock Lasagna Casserole from some leftover Italian Macaroni we made when my brother was here on Wednesday. Tasted just great and everyone loved it. I do this whenever I have lots of leftover pasta dishes like that. :)

BTW, our trip to the hospital for the CT SCAN went really well. Thanks for your prayers. After the last test results, I actually felt a bit apprehensive. Maybe I always will; but I surely hope not. PRAIZE GOD, the roads stayed clear for us all the way there and back. We took my sister's modern walker with a seat and I was able to go shopping in that place W=Mart and that was fun. I was able to get some real deals on tops and pants; and even got a lovely new coat for only $49.00 plus taxes.

I had mentioned to my sister that I thought that I'd never find another warm coat like the last one with its full lining of fake dark leopard fur, but GOD had another plan and fooled me -- oh, HE knew what I wanted. I found a nice taupe brown suede coat with hood and 100% fake sherpa lining (black). Had a good chuckle when I saw it; and thought that GOD must be having one too ... :D

So the next trip is to see the oncologist next Thursday for a follow-up exam and discuss chemo treatments too. We will be able to get more shopping in as we didn't get out of the hospital til well after 4 pm yesterday. We'll have more time to look for the things I missed.

Wanted to wish you all a belated :val3: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!:val3: Hope you all had a good one; we did. I got dark chocolate and praline peanuts for mine. Nice treat ... ;)

:bday2you:HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAREN !:bday2you:

pattygirl63 02-15-2013 09:44 PM

Rosebud I praise God for how He shows us His love and favor toward us. I can't tell you how many times the Lord has worked out little things like you experienced with the coat you wanted. I've learned to be alert to those things He does and make it a point to Praise Him and thank Him for it. The amazing thing is the more I see and Praise and Thank Him for them, it seems that He does them More. I often wonder if He does it because I'm watch for them and always acknowledge He did it or if He always did them and I never noticed them before. Bless God... He is such an awesome God and Father!

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-16-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

"... I praise God for how He shows us His love and favor toward us. I can't tell you how many times the Lord has worked out little things like you experienced with the coat you wanted. I've learned to be alert to those things He does and make it a point to Praise Him and thank Him for it. The amazing thing is the more I see and Praise and Thank Him for them, it seems that He does them More. I often wonder if He does it because I'm watch for them and always acknowledge He did it or if He always did them and I never noticed them before. Bless God... He is such an awesome God and Father!
TRISH ~ YES, I agree with that for sure; and to answer your querie -- I think it's a little of both! I just kept thinking that with GOD, you should never say never ... ;) becuz as we already know ... "ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD!" He is constantly showing me that we are to trust him in EVERYTHING -- the little things and the big ones too! :cool:

pattygirl63 02-17-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy (Post 4635475)
TRISH ~ YES, I agree with that for sure; and to answer your querie -- I think it's a little of both! I just kept thinking that with GOD, you should never say never ... ;) becuz as we already know ... "ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD!" He is constantly showing me that we are to trust him in EVERYTHING -- the little things and the big ones too! :cool:

I agree Rosebud and it is a constant process of learning to do just that.

Renee3 02-17-2013 06:12 AM

Good morning everyone. I'm a newbie to this site and am on my journey to better health. So far, I am staying very focused and determined. Watching my portion size and eating healthier. Hope you all have a blessed day!

bargoo 02-17-2013 07:51 AM

Good Morning Renee and welcome !

pattygirl63 02-17-2013 03:28 PM

:welcome3: Renee glad to have you here.

Spending today getting ready to go to Charlotte for DH surgery. Hope the weather will be good going and returning. We had a beautiful snow last evening but it is all melting away but will be 22 tonight so I hope it all drains away from the roads. Supposed to rain Tuesday and be in 20s that tlnight. I pray things go so well for DH that we can come home Tuesday. He did say there were things he could/might do to send him home since this is usually a go home the next day. I pray God's best in this situation.

I will write as soon as we return and get settled. Thanks everyone for you prayers and prayers continue for y'all.

bargoo 02-17-2013 05:52 PM

Trish, praying for successful surgery for DH.

elvislover324 02-17-2013 06:11 PM

Praying for you and your DH, pattygirl.

Welcome Renee!

EZMONEY 02-17-2013 08:14 PM

Prayers for all of our upcoming surgeries!

Renee3 02-17-2013 08:54 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome! Prayers being said for your DH Trish. Have a safe trip.

Renee3 02-18-2013 06:21 AM

Good morning from a cold PA farm. I am so ready for Spring. Had a very nice day yesterday that started with a wonderful church service based on prayer and how it can affect your life. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer. Hope everyone has a great day and stay focused on your health!

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-18-2013 09:30 AM

:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ this is the post I tried to enter last night but I had a glitch in my PC -- first the "type in French setting" was accidently put on the keyboard by one of those shift+? things; what a pain in the butt they can be. :dizzy:

Then I accidentally (SP?) pressed the wireless internet function key and lost the internet. Just figured this out this AM after trying some other things like rebooting and troubleshooting, etc. PS ~ I just learned that you can spell "accidently" two ways, like I have here: the other is "accidentally". Yep, learning something new all the time ... :lol:

:welcome: RENEE ~ glad you joined us over here ... :)

TRISH -- prayers for a safe trip and successful surgery for your DH (TONI) ... :hug:

GARY -- prayers on the way for your surgery too; we have you surrounded in prayer well ahead of time, just like you all did for me. :hug:

This Thursday, I go to see the oncologist for the results of the blood tests and CT scan; hoping that will be fine, of course. Then he decides when I start the chemo treatments.

Just having a relaxing weekend at home; and spent an hour + doing prayers in one of my prayer groups. My sister made a lovely roast beef dinner tonight; yummy! May be grocery shopping tomorrow; it should be :sunny: again tomorrow, so that will be a nice day to go. I know DH loves it whenever we go out somewhere.

DH was a bit off this weekend, so we are fine-tuning his day; making it more structured like it was at home. We will be keeping him busier with smaller activities. Tonight, he was in a much better frame of mind. Now he is snoozing happily for the night -- yay ... :D

Thanks for all your prayers for both of us; they are so very needed and very appreciated too ... :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-18-2013 09:36 AM

Sooo ... my Internet is working again -- yay! So annoying to have that happen just when you are posting a reply somewhere. Now I know why my PC was giving me such a hard time when I was praying in one of my prayer groups. Well, another lesson learned; every time something goes wrong, there is the opportunity to learn about these machines -- just as long as it's not too often ... ;)

I forgot that today is a civic holiday in our province of Ontario, called "FAMILY DAY", so many of the stores will be closed so we likely won't be shopping until Tuesday. However, we do have lovely :sunny: again; and that will be nice for those who are getting a day off to spend with their families today.

So, have a good one and take good care of your health, for sure ... :hug:

ronni62 02-18-2013 10:23 AM

Renee-Welcome!

Prayers going up for all needs, especially the surgeries and chemo treatments upcoming.

Had a weird week last week-microwave exploded, toaster caught fire, one of the DS's amps fried itself, van's brake lights stuck on and the battery completely drained, and broken metal in the disposal, which may have been part of one of the blades.....so, since we all know trouble comes in 3's....that's 5, so I'm still waiting for #6:fr: Maybe it was actually the phone that quit working a couple weeks ago--I hope, I hope, because we can't afford anything else. Fortunately, it only took a day on the charger to recharge the van's battery and the battery hadn't frozen overnight when the temp in the garage was about 10ºF!

So, today, must be off to town to get a microwave and probably a toaster and phone too-$$$ ka-ching $$$!

Trying to get back on my good eating. My tummy issues have been a problem this past week, so I put on some 'weight' but starting to get the issues resolved-whew!! Who'd have thunk it would take over 2 weeks to get over accidentally eating whey?? Oh, well, live and learn.....

Have a great day! ttyl!