Old 08-14-2007, 08:26 PM   #1  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Default Any Apostolic/UPC members here?

I'm Jesus Name Apostolic and wondered if there are any other members here who are the same?
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW:325/CW:290/GW:179

Height: '5"11

Hi, I am Apostolic Pentecostal in ALJC. I live in Indiana.
MegaMegan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #3  
Starting over 3/24/2017

Hi, MegaMegan2012!! So nice to make your acquaintance! I could sure use some "sister support" on this journey if you are game! :-) Lord bless you in Indiana!! (I am in Oklahoma)
Old 04-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW:325/CW:290/GW:179

Height: '5"11

Absolutely! I have fallen off the weight loss "band-wagon" and have gained 15 lbs back since last July. I keep saying that I am going to start again but I keep putting it off! I'm kind of all-or-nothing when it comes to weight loss.

Here's a little about me...I am a live-in nanny for two boys who are school age. I'm 23, single. I go to Ivy Tech full-time for Office Administration, partly online. I have a huge family. 2 brothers and 5 Sisters and a sis-in-law. Our parents are still together. All are in church. At church I'm involved in a youth leadership team and I sing on the praise team.

As far as my weight loss journey, I have weighed as much as 325 and the lowest I have been since I was probably 14 is 275. I'm 5'11" so, I'm just big! But my whole family is tall and about half of us struggle with weight issues.
I enjoy healthy food, but its just so much easier and cheap to eat junk!

My problem with my weight is self-confidence. I've never had a boyfriend because I'm not comfortable enough with myself! I feel like if I don't do it now, then I will end up alone forever, lol. I feel like I'm getting old. You know everyone gets married so young in Pentecost.
MegaMegan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #5  
Starting over 3/24/2017

Megan - I am soooo sorry for the delay in answering your last post!! I didn't receive an email alert that you had replied. My apologies! I will try to be better about manually checking here every day rather than wait on an email alert.

So - it was good to learn a little about you. It sounds like you have a good legacy with a family in church! That is awesome and something to be very glad about. Not many folks have such a blessing to claim.

As for me, I was raised a preacher's kid, and am myself SO thankful that I was raised in the truth and can now do the same with my two boys. They are 19 and 17 and are both feeling the call into the ministry. That makes me glad in one way and anxious in another because we know the responsibility that comes with such a calling. But, God's will be done is my prayer.

As for the weight issue, I also come from a family who tend to be large and we just LOVE food. We are southerners and we know how to cook AND eat! LOL! I have very early memories about being made fun of as a chunky kid (some of the most meanest remarks coming from my sister even), so this is not a new venture for me by any means. However, in 2007 I lost 137 pounds, but in the last year we have been through a TREMENDOUS trial and blow to our family, and through all of it, I allowed the stress to get to me and threw caution to the wind when it came to food choices. Therefore, as of right now, I am back up 100 pounds. This is extremely difficult for me to think about - much less write it for the world to see. But, I am determined to get it off again. I know it can be done. It is a matter of getting past the past and making better decisions again. This is where this forum has been a help to me in the past - helping on those days when it seems impossible to get to goal.

Don't hesitate to ever send me a note (either on this board or as a PM) if you need a little encouragement. We will both need it before this is over, but I'm actually encouraged that you introduced yourself, and I believe we can both get to a healthy weight. Believe it or not, I had JUST prayed five minutes before getting your email the first time you answered my original post that the Lord would send me a friend. Now, how is that for answered prayer!? I was telling my husband about that, and he was pretty impressed. God does care about even the little things. So - let's just count on getting healthy together. What do you say?

Looking forward to making the journey with my new friend.

Last edited by RitzyFritz; 04-25-2013 at 08:00 AM.