Old 03-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #1  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Question Need help - praying for the offering at church tomorrow!

Just want honest opinions on the prayer I wrote for the offering at church tomorrow...see below

Heavenly Father,
We thank you for this opportunity to give, and we ask for your blessing on the gift as well as the giver. We pray that you would move us to give with joy in our hearts, and that we would remember that it is more blessed to give than to receive. May we give generously, knowing that our security lies in your grace,
and not in our bank accounts. We ask this in your precious name, AMEN.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #2  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

Height: 5'8"

Nice job. I don't see anything wrong with it. I think it's great to be reminded that we should have a joyful heart when giving, otherwise it means nothing.
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I would nix the part about it being more blessed to give than to receive - in my congregation that would be a bad move, as it takes the focus off God and our joyful worship and obedience and puts it on our own feelings and betterment. But that's just me, and I'd say the rest is just fine.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #4  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

thanks ladies! My hubby helped me rewrite it...I think it's better.

Heavenly Father,
We thank you for this opportunity to give joyfully to the House of the Lord. We pray that you would move this congregation to give according to scripture...according the Patriarchs Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who gave a tenth of their all. It is more blessed to give than to receive. We give thanks for our pastors and this congregation and ask that your blessings be upon us. We ask this in your precious name, AMEN.

I appreciate the feedback...have a great day!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote