3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   Christian Encouragers~DECEMBER '12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/270909-christian-encouragers%7Edecember-12-a.html)

ronni62 01-01-2013 12:27 PM

:newyear: Hoping for blessings for all of you in 2013!

Justwant2Bhealthy 01-02-2013 12:19 PM

HI EVERYONE ~ I am finally hooked back on the net; and am at my sister's place on Miller Lake getting lots of sleep and rest. I sure needed the sleep and haven't slept this good in ages. I had the absolute best of care at the Henderson General Hospital in Hamilton, ON; and they were ALL so kind and caring there (from the surgeon and his team of doctors & surgical support staff, and all the amazing nursing staff [both male & female] right down to the cheery housekeepers too). GOD arranged for the right place for sure ...

PRAIZE GOD, PRAIZE GOD, PRAIZE GOD -- they got that huge tumor out; and as you know, it was 100 lbs (partly filled with fluid and a solid mass on the exterior). I can't tell you how grateful I am to get rid of that thing. There was no fat around it at all, just the tumor and my stomach muscles and my skin, which was stretched out to it's max. I caught a cold while there as my system was weak from the surgery but I am finally getting better -- the coughing may have actually help my muscles contract back but I am still glad to get rid of it. I asked GOD to turn that into good; and HE did!!!:cool:

I started walking with my canes right away (didn't need the wheelchair or walker at all); and with more physio, they are hoping to get me down to one cane, then NO CANES at all before I go home. How awesome is that? :carrot:

So now, I just need to heal and rest for at least another 4 + weeks but must continue with my walking several times a day. Each day, I am praying that my lungs will get stronger and stronger. Can you believe that my doctors told me that I need to EAT "MORE" FOOD .... :lol: Never thought I'd hear them say that. The tumor (or the greedy little monster, as my brother calls it) was eating all my food and I lost a lot of weight just in 3 weeks before the surgery (19 lbs) but some may have been water, I think.

I do look frail and thin so that's why they want me to up my food intake for a while, to build up my immune system and heal the emaciated look that my face has right now. Over the last winter, the tumor was taking too much of my nutrients from my body. I do feel much lighter and when I am totally healed and stronger, I am sure I will feel even better.

My sister and BIL have been amazingly kind and generous with us and I pray that GOD will bless them back 10-fold in return. And words cannot convey how grateful I am to ALL OF YOU for your continued faithful prayers and support ... THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH.

Time to rest for a little while again; buried in my fleece blankets too, GARY ... Rosebud :hug:

BTW, they sent a biopsy away for testing and we are trusting that it comes back "benign" too (so I won't have to have any treatments, but just another corrective surgery down road when I am stonger). Sending up prayers for all of you for all your concerns as well today too ... :hug:

bargoo 01-02-2013 12:36 PM

rosebud PTL! So good hear from you. God has heard and answered prayer. I continue to pray for a rapid and complete healing for you.

ronni62 01-02-2013 03:32 PM

Rosebud-ditto what Bargoo said! It's so good to hear from you and I'm so glad things have gone so well-our God is so good! I'll continue to pray for healing of your body and plenty of rest for you. How's your DH handling the changes and stresses of the last few weeks? Prayers for you both:hug:

Bootsie 01-02-2013 09:36 PM

Rosebud so happy for you and praying for great results of the test!

pattygirl63 01-02-2013 09:38 PM

Rosebud Our God is sooo GOOD and I too rejoice with you at how wonderfully He answered our prayers. The hospital and all the people involved sounds like they were on "special" assignment sent by God to take care of you. Prayers continue coming your way.

pattygirl63 01-02-2013 09:48 PM

Bootsie So sorry I didn't get back to you on your response to my post. I forgot where you live in TX. Did y'all have a draught this year? I sure pray that things will better for y'all soon.

wilma12 01-03-2013 06:58 PM

Rosebud: It's so good to hear from you and that all went well. You are probably a really tiny lady now. I will continue to pray for your healing.

Bootsie 01-03-2013 09:22 PM

Trish we have been in a drought for around 3 to 4 years if not longer. I am surprised we still have any animals. Turned them out in 2 different fields today and got all the female sheep together and have to keep the goat separate so they have to have their own field of dead grass and dead weeds. Lucky they have them plus gotta feed them morning and night. Being cold they don't drink as much but that means less milk production. Put my buck where the young sheep used to be and he went crazy decided he was gonna give me a chase. He weighs over 300 pounds and pouncing toward me I got on the other side of the fence quick! Gee ! I sure need another Tippy and Sausage to help me with these animals , border collies my sweet friends smart too.

pattygirl63 01-04-2013 01:15 AM

Bootsie I will be praying for your situation. Glad you got on the other side of that fence girl. You don't have any dogs to help you any more?

I finally to over the situation with DH and called the orthopedic and asked if they could help me get DH help sooner than January 25 as he is in such pain. I kept the January 25th appt with the pain management doctor, but the orthopedic office was able to get us into the hospital as an outpatient so he will get his 1st cortisone shot at Monday at the hospital. Please continue to pray with me that this shot will ease the pain and help him to begin to feel better. We will do the other 2 shots with the pain management doc. I'm just so thankful that he will be able to get this done so soon.

I put this here because no one has started a Jan prayer thread and I'm not sure I can do it.

Prayers continue for everyone here. Thanks.

auntnelly 01-04-2013 10:11 AM

thanks for checking in rosebud! so glad to hear things went well and are going well.

Bootsie 01-04-2013 09:51 PM

praying Trish ,my husband has been in pain for a long time can not get him to the doctor. No trish have no dog that helps me with the animals anymore. Tippy died from cancer and Sausage from old age.

ronni62 01-05-2013 07:23 PM

Please go to the new January, '13 thread:)