Old 11-27-2012, 08:21 PM   #61  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

ECLECTICGIRL ~ we are glad that you decided to join us over here. I see you are from Italy -- we have some Italian in our family too (on my Dad's side). One of the great things about the net is that you can reach so many people with similar interests right from your home.

TRISH ~ yes, I agree that on the good days, my DH does try to do little things to help me out around here. It may just be carrying something for me, or sweeping a floor, but it's the intention that counts. When he's feeling down, he can get irritable for sure; so we try to weather those times the best we can. I try not to react to some of the things he says, but I am human too. Thankfully, I am getting better at it though. I say "Okaaay" a lot these days ...

One thing I am really glad about is that I am not eating when stressed by it. Shovelling the snow let off some pent up steam the other day. It was kinda funny now that I think about it, but it was much better than "EATING MY FEELINGS" like I used to do.

Today was good; food was good. Just did stuff indoors today. A little of the ***white stuff*** fell today but not enuff that we need to shovel. We have some shopping planned for tomorrow, and they are predicting some for the next two days too.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
:Shovelling the snow let off some pent up steam the other day. It was kinda funny now that I think about it, but it was much better than "EATING MY FEELINGS" like I used to do. .
Rosebud Talking about the shoveling snow let off some pent up steam made me laugh as I remember when I was married to DH #1. I was 19 yrs old and I got mad at him and his friend who was suppose to help me paint a room in our house. They were doing something else wasting time so I got in there and painted that room myself. They laughed and teased me because I finished that huge room within a little over an hour. Nothing like working off that anger. haha But we get through it.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, I am no expert but I would say that your DH is reacting to the Alzheimers and at these times he is not the man you married. I am praying that you can keep this in mind. I know this is difficult for you and you have your own physical concerns. I pray that God will keep you strong physically and emotionally.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #64  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

TRISH ~ oh, that is so right -- the exact same thing. When he said he didn't want to shovel, I said, "OK fine, I'll do it myself then". Famous last words, eh? Duh! So, I was out there flinging that snow around to beat the band; and it must have looked hilarious to anyone watching. I felt a teeny weeny bit embarrassed afterwards, but DH did come and help me finish it off in the end.

BARGOO ~ yes, that's true -- this is not the man I married for sure, and I am trying to keep that in mind. Half the time, he doesn't even think I am his wife. He asks me where she went and if I say I am her, he just laughs and walks away. So now, I just say "I don't know". It's a guessing game what's gonna come up next and how to answer him. Thanks for the prayers and advice; it's all greatly appreciated.

We had a busy day; doing errands and picking up lots of groceries today. Even picked up a few things for Christmas ahead of time that were on sale, so that was nice. BOy, it was cold out there though; the wind made it feel like -23 C (9F) instead of -13 C (or 19F). Was glad when we got back home to a warm house -- thank you, GOD!!!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 188/185/130

Height: 66"

Have any of you had this dilemma? I know we are called to fast, however, I have heard that total fasting can cause diabetes (which is in my family and I am overweight.) So I know there is a Daniel's Fast, which I was going to do, but losing weight permeates my thinking so I felt like I'd be a hypocrite (not doing it in a pure way but with ulterior motives.) (Anything having to do with food = all I can think about is losing weight.) Do any of you fast? Perhaps as I have food issues it isn't a good idea, or maybe just start with one meal a week?

Justwant2behealthy: I think you are very brave, and I will pray for your continued strength in your difficult situation.
eclecticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

Rosebud: I hate to hear of your issues with your husband I don't know if my dad is headed there or not, but my step mom is saying that is what he has. I am sorry it is so rough for you, at least I don't have to deal directly with this issue right now

Eclectricgirl I have heard of several weight loss systems that involve fasting, but I feel usually fasting is to get you closer to the Lord. This one I am thinking of is actually geared toward this goal and has a system. Called "The Lord's Table" and deals with eating behaviors as well. Google it and you can find more information on it.

I just started a diet back in August called Metabolism Miracle. I have found success because I am what she calls a Metabolism B person. Even if I would fast with this Met. B, I would actually gain weight because of the way my hormones are out of whack. This has helped me feel better and I have lost just over 10 lbs when before, I could barely loose 1 no matter how hard I tried.
Go to this link to another thread on this forum where I typed in some symptoms of Met B and see if you might be one who has it and could actually benefit from this and actually gain weight if you tried fasting.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb...ml#post4506006

Last edited by auntnelly; 11-29-2012 at 06:29 PM.
auntnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 289/250/190

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome eclecticgirl! Sorry everyone I have been so busy getting things ready for Christmas. We have to put our tree up on our dining room table because our 8 month old Adalyn is in to everything!

I was hoping to win the lottery this week haha but since I didn't back to work I go I guess retirement is still 30 years away! Darn!

On a brighter note... I switched to the original points system of weight watchers and I have lost 4lbs. I a trying to remain optimistic, but we will see. So far I have stuck to it hard core and am going to implement an exercise program soon. I want to adjust to the diet first though. I hope all is well with everyone.
Justwant2be... I am so sorry you have to go through what you do. I think you are a saint, although you think of it as what you have to do. I want you to know that I am praying for you and respect you for your patience!
psychnurse05 is offline   Reply With Quote